• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Holy Crap. The podcast link has been clicked on 246 times in 12 hours. Plus it has 3 favorites. I didn't think it was going to get that much attention. I'm definitely gonna have to put in more effort for next episode.

:lol

I'm gonna see about getting a proper mic. Hopefully my Sony Gold's will do until then.

Mic's ain't cheap, yo.

todd360

:lol

I'm gonna see about getting a proper mic. Hopefully my Sony Gold's will do until then.

Mic's ain't cheap, yo.

We can test it before we record again. I just need to see how loud you sound with the golds.

I just hit rank 4 eris and she took all my money and I still don't have enough shards.

CozMick

Banned
Grinding out Ascendant Shards has to be the worst gaming experience in my lifetime.......not since the days of the commodore 64 have I found myself twiddling my thumbs in a game, waiting for a public event only for the game to award me Energy.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The grind from level 30 to 31 continues (not even played CE yet :/)

Deku Tree

Grinding out Ascendant Shards has to be the worst gaming experience in my lifetime.......not since the days of the commodore 64 have I found myself twiddling my thumbs waiting for a public event only for the game to award me Energy.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The grind from level 30 to 31 continues (not even played CE yet :/)

Do the VoG a few times. Better do it on Hard. You'll be drowning in them soon enough.

Farming public events is the worst.
Before doing that I would (1) do the daily story (2) do the nightfall and weekly (3) break down your unwanted legendary armor.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Do you have any tutorials on how to do that? I don't have anyone to raid with. At least I could get some loot from it too.

If you aren't patient then I wouldn't recommend it. Since I was 28 those suckers killed me in no time. Took me many tries on the first phase.
Basically run pass the first lamp and keep hugging to the left, run pass the first big hole and the first set rocks there. Jump onto the very first set of rocks next to the second lamp.
You have to position yourself so that when the lamp blows up, it lifts you up to a platform. Basically follow the platform hugging near the edge towards the light/aka entrance in the distance. Go all the way until you run into a lamp and knight. Crouch and hide to get your darkness down to 0. Make a run to the left all the way up the hill pass the knight. You'll have to watch out for two holes. You'll basically go up and see the end where the bridge is. Go up to the lamp in front of the bridge and get yourself to 0. Then go activate the bridge by standing in the middle in front of it. Time it so the lamp blows up. There is a set of rocks to the left of the lamp you can stand on. Go on it and wait for an Ogre in the distance. You have to kill it as soon as you see it. When you do the bridge will form and you can go to the next section.

Second part is even easier but don't attempt it unless you have an Icebreaker or a good sniper with plenty of ammo.

phen0m24

Holy Crap. The podcast link has been clicked on 246 times in 12 hours. Plus it has 3 favorites. I didn't think it was going to get that much attention. I'm definitely gonna have to put in more effort for next episode.

Don't worry Todd. the folks at Bungie don't read this forum..

Oh wait

;)

HunRevan

If you aren't patient then I wouldn't recommend it. Since I was 28 those suckers killed me in no time. Took me many tries on the first phase.
Basically run pass the first lamp and keep hugging to the left, run pass the first big hole and the first set rocks there. Jump onto the very first set of rocks next to the second lamp.
You have to position yourself so that when the lamp blows up, it lifts you up to a platform. Basically follow the platform hugging near the edge towards the light/aka entrance in the distance. Go all the way until you run into a lamp and knight. Crouch and hide to get your darkness down to 0. Make a run to the left all the way up the hill pass the knight. You'll have to watch out for two holes. You'll basically go up and see the end where the bridge is. Go up to the lamp in front of the bridge and get yourself to 0. Then go activate the bridge by standing in the middle in front of it. Time it so the lamp blows up. There is a set of rocks to the left of the lamp you can stand on. Go on it and wait for an Ogre in the distance. You have to kill it as soon as you see it. When you do the bridge will form and you can go to the next section.

Second part is even easier but don't attempt it unless you have an Icebreaker or a good sniper with plenty of ammo.

Thanks. I am pretty patient so I don't mind trying it more then once. I have a fully upgraded Worldsendhorn and a 300 DMG Icebreaker. I might give it a try. I guess I could do it with my two hunters. Maybe that lvl28 Warlock could be a trouble.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Do you have any tutorials on how to do that? I don't have anyone to raid with. At least I could get some loot from it too.

First two sections are super easy to solo, I did it with my 3 titans this week.

Phase 1 I used the second lamp to launch myself across the map, took a few tries. After that activate a few more lamps with no enemy's, activate the bridge, kill an ogre and wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-tyke7D5Ws

Phase 2 is even easier. Activate the center platform to spawn the enemies and jump off and run straight up the stairs past the swordbearer. In the room he comes out of jump up on the pillars in the back and wait, the enemies will despawn on your side and spawn them on the other side of the bridge. Go out and snipe them until the ogres spawn. Kill them and you are done with that phase. Icebreaker makes it easy, otherwise you would want to bring some synths with you.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
We can test it before we record again. I just need to see how loud you sound with the golds.

I just hit rank 4 eris and she took all my money and I still don't have enough shards.

I guess we can manipulate the mic input on our end until we're all level.

E92 M3

I can't handle constant gear resets and all this Glimmer farming (especially if Bungie ever patches the GK part of VoG to not give EXP or Glimmer). If all these DLC rumors are correct (which sounds great to me) and Bungie keeps resetting all your gear each DLC (which sounds horrible to me) then I am very disappointed. They should at let all guns have full perks unlocked as soon as you get them. Just let you grind to upgrade the damage to the new level fine. I am not interested in re-grinding to re-unlock all the perks on all my exotic weapons every 3-4 months. No thanks Bungie. Learn how to do RPG progression ASAP plz.

I agree; have a feeling they won't fuck us again, though.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I agree; have a feeling they won't fuck us again, though.

So you don't think they will up weapon damage again with House of Wolves? Same thing will happen again with another light increase on armor. They are in a tough situation in terms of the progression system they implemented with a limited gear base.

Ugh the snow plow just came by for the street and sidewalk. Gonna go use the snowblower. Got almost 30cm yesterday and took care of it. Now they've blocked me in. Damn you!!!

Having 2 driveways sucks in the winter =\

I'll be online a bit later.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anybody not get second CE chest yet and wants to help get it? Just need another person to kill the other shrieker while I make a break for it.

Deku Tree

Ugh the snow plow just came by for the street and sidewalk. Gonna go use the snowblower. Got almost 30cm yesterday and took care of it. Now they've blocked me in. Damn you!!!

Having 2 driveways sucks in the winter =

I'll be online a bit later.

At least you don't have to shovel.

Deku Tree

Or, they require that the original weapon be maxed out before you can upgrade it with Xur to "respect the time put into it".

Please no... You really like to grind don't you? If I get a dropped exotic and I never upgrade it I don't want to have to grind it to max in order to have to upgrade it in order to grind it to max again...

E92 M3

So you don't think they will up weapon damage again with House of Wolves? Same thing will happen again with another light increase on armor. They are in a tough situation in terms of the progression system they implemented with a limited gear base.

They will up everything, but the progress system will be changed slightly where people that have invested time are at an advantage. Also, I would be very disappointed if everyone can buy their way to 32 and Bungie doesn't update the current raid gear to always be 1 ahead.

Yeah, Crucible matches were great fun everybody. Lag is just a constant issue in any online, PvP is just way more sensitive/adversely affected by it. PvE lag is much easier to account for, e.g. overkill the right portal Minotaur so he does regen health, etc.

Now just gotta level this Rapier and take it out for a spin.

I've never been known for my perpetually even demeanor but Crucible definitely gets under my skin a lot faster/worse than wiping on raid bosses for hours on end.
yeah def agreed with you. The lag doesn't help at all. 3x golden shot a guy before, only for him to turn around and snipe me..grrr

X-Frame

Please no... You really like to grind don't you? If I get a dropped exotic and I never upgrade it I don't want to have to grind it to max in order to have to upgrade it in order to grind it to max again...

Oh no, I agree with you -- that way would be worse in my opinion.

Top Bottom