• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

todd360

I'm about half an hour into the podcast and fig's barely talking. I swear all I heard is Hawkian's voice for the past 20 minutes.

Figs laptop mic was legit terrible. We had to get her to download skype on her phone and talk through that. The phone mic wasn't much better. We had trouble hearing her and she got cut off a lot. She just needs to get a dedicated mic for next time or we need to figure out if the playstation head set mic will work through a computer.

HunRevan

Anyone needs someone for Crota's End on XBone? Sadly I don't have anyone to do it with. LVL 31 Hunter. (Nukehorn fully upgraded)

Namikaze1

Figs laptop mic was legit terrible. We had to get her to download skype on her phone and talk through that. The phone mic wasn't much better. We had trouble hearing her and she got cut off a lot. She just needs to get a dedicated mic for next time or we need to figure out if the playstation head set mic will work through a computer.
It works. I checked yesterday. It works perfectly.

The Playstation Gold Headset I mean. Not sure about the pack in one.

Yeah, Crucible matches were great fun everybody. Lag is just a constant issue in any online, PvP is just way more sensitive/adversely affected by it. PvE lag is much easier to account for, e.g. overkill the right portal Minotaur so he does regen health, etc.

Now just gotta level this Rapier and take it out for a spin.

Gg playing with the gaf cruicble team. I kept playing like garage and fluctuating. It's just starting to piss me off.

I've never been known for my perpetually even demeanor but Crucible definitely gets under my skin a lot faster/worse than wiping on raid bosses for hours on end.

I still see fucking Thanos months later.

B6hCeH7IQAAGjnr.jpg:orig

Haha it totally is! I'll have to find that.

You sure, fig? Are you absolutely sure?

Yes.

I think I got it sorted, I just had to disable the mic and speakers on my laptop before it started working. I'll test it out later. When I first tried it sound was steal coming through the speakers instead of my headset.

Namikaze1

Haha it totally is! I'll have to find that.
Found this back in the beta. I took a screencap then and I took another one recently. This is the most recent one. Every time I go by it, all I see is Thanos.

Marvel/Destiny crossover confirmed.

Oh, you want to know so badly.

Ergh, cannot unsee :-(
It's all I can see

That's what I have.
well there you go.

moris

Yes.

I think I got it sorted, I just had to disable the mic and speakers on my laptop before it started working. I'll test it out later. When I first tried it sound was steal coming through the speakers instead of my headset.

You don't need to disable your speakers if you set the "Wireless Headset" as Default Communication Device from the Sound settings (unless you're on Mac). Also don't forget the settings in Skype if it hasn't changed automatically.

todd360

Yes.

OK sounds good. As long as it works with skype it should be fine. I mean the mic quality is pretty good when we all party chat on destiny.

Greenymac

Anyone else just need to run through CE and just get the drops/chests up until Deathsinger stage?

Need to do it three times and dont wanna solo it.

Starting as soon as we get 6.

Namikaze1

Only one 27? How did that raid go?
We spent nearly two hours on just opening the damn gate. I don't remember how many hours were spent on the confluxes, oracles, and Templar. I know we beat the oracles and the Templar without cheesing since at the time, none of the popular cheesing methods were found.

Plus, I was also 27.

You don't need to disable your speakers if you set the "Wireless Headset" as Default Communication Device from the Sound settings (unless you're on Mac). Also don't forget the settings in Skype if it hasn't changed automatically.

Oh yeah, I'll look at my Skype settings now.

We spent nearly two hours on just opening the damn gate. I don't remember how many hours were spent on the confluxes, oracles, and Templar. I know we beat the oracles and the Templar without cheesing since at the time, none of the popular cheesing methods were found.

Plus, I was also 27.

Remember the first Nightfall with splinter? That was awesome.

EL CUCO

It warms my heart to fight along side a level 3 Guardian with 230 Grimoire score.

I always try to bring them the Crota blade. They dont always know to grab it lol

BokehKing

Banned
Anyone else just need to run through CE and just get the drops/chests up until Deathsinger stage?

Yes me, devilsadvocat631
. Edit - I need to beat Crota though

todd360

Holy Crap. The podcast link has been clicked on 246 times in 12 hours. Plus it has 3 favorites. I didn't think it was going to get that much attention. I'm definitely gonna have to put in more effort for next episode.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just solo-ed CE first two parts with my 28 Warlock.

Got gloves like I needed. :) Today really has been a lucky day.

I'm at the part before the second chest. Anybody needs it and wants to help me get it?

Deku Tree

Holy Crap. The podcast link has been clicked on 246 times in 12 hours. Plus it has 3 favorites. I didn't think it was going to get that much attention. I'm definitely gonna have to put in more effort for next episode.

That's over 1/3 of the unique posters in OT13.

HunRevan

Just solo-ed CE first two parts with my 28 Warlock.

Got gloves like I needed. :) Today really has been a lucky day.

I'm at the part before the second chest. Anybody needs it and wants to help me get it?

Do you have any tutorials on how to do that? I don't have anyone to raid with. At least I could get some loot from it too.

Mazre

I'm in, got 2 alts to run through that part and don't mind sticking around to help for a third.

Yukianesa

Neo Member

I'll join you for one run! Already have you on my friends list.

Top Bottom