• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

ich00

I'll be looking to do a HM Crota's End run fresh full run around 9:30pm EST tonight.

Anyone else down? Will need a Swordbearer.

PS4: Cosmos_Man
9:30pm EST

1. Cosmos_Man
2.v1br4t1ons
3. Ichabod00 (can bring a warlock or titan, both 32

Quote with your PSN name on the list.

I'll be looking to do a HM Crota's End run fresh full run around 9:30pm EST tonight.

1. Cosmos_Man
2.v1br4t1ons
4. EroticSushi

You guys okay with pulling my 31 Titan through? Did HM Crota with it before.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

1. Cosmos_Man
2.v1br4t1ons
4.sushi
5.androo2300

I can swordbear with 32 Hunter or bubble with 32 titan. androo2300

coy

Just wanted to make it official as I forgot earlier.

1. Cosmos_Man
2.v1br4t1ons
4.sushi
5.androo2300
6. coyquettish

lunlunqq

1. Cosmos_Man
2. lunlunqq

Me please. Lvl 32 everything. PSN: lunlunqq

Trakan

The whole getting random armor drops with random perks and random stats and having a long upgrade process to max them out defeats the purpose of the random perks and stats. If I am already 32 I am very unlikely to switch to newer armor with better stats and better perks because of the long grind involved in doing it. So my perks and stats are just about luck...

If you're rocking strength gear and get intellect gear or get a helmet with inverse shadow, I'd highly recommend switching to the new stuff.

For people with 3 level 32 characters of every class what order does it make the most sense to do the HM Crota raid with to ensure you can find an easy pick up group? I'm thinking:

Warlock (useless DPS)
Titan (Bubble for Crota)
Hunter (Swordbearer)

Also what is the best class looking item for Titans and Warlocks?

What kind of rate do you guys make on that Gatekeeper checkpoint in Vault of Glass? Ignoring the pyramid drops, I can solo Exclusion Zone for about 420 per minute.

What kind of rate do you guys make on that Gatekeeper checkpoint in Vault of Glass? Ignoring the pyramid drops, I can solo Exclusion Zone for about 420 per minute.

About 1000glimmer per minute plus a shit load of axiomatic beads. 20-30 of them in an hour

Edit** that's if people don't fuck around and stick together. There's always someone who loves to jump ahead of everyone

It is about 555 to 592 Glimmer per 40 seconds. With a metric ton of Bead drops too.

About 1000glimmer per minute plus a shit load of axiomatic beads. 20-30 of them in an hour

Edit** that's if people don't fuck around and stick together. There's always someone who loves to jump ahead of everyone
How many do you need to do it? Can it be solo'd? Are you including the beads in the glimmer earning estimate?

How many do you need to do it? Can it be solo'd? Are you including the beads in the glimmer earning estimate?

4-6 is ideal. My friend and I can 2 man it and we have a method that works really well for 2 people. 6k glimmer in 10min + the beads. We save our supers for the hobgoblins since they're the hardest to kill. Also, ignore the gatekeeper. Waste of time.

No I'm not counting the beads in those figures. The beads are a bonus. Also, don't compare the drop rate of the network keys with the beads at GK. GK drops way more

It can be solo'd, but your efficiency is probably no better than Exclusion zone. 3-4 people is where it starts to hit max efficiency and 5 or 6 is cruise control. As mentioned, as long as someone doesn't get too hasty and drop a super across the map, it is very fast.

4-6 is ideal. My friend and I can 2 man it and we have a method that works really well for 2 people. 6k glimmer in 10min + the beads. We save our supers for the hobgoblins since they're the hardest to kill. Also, ignore the gatekeeper. Waste of time.

No I'm not counting the beads in those figures. The beads are a bonus. Also, don't compare the drop rate of the network keys with the beads at GK. GK drops way more
Wow, sounds good, I'd love to try it sometime. Do they drop loot as well? I'm trying to brute force plasteel plating.

Wow, sounds good, I'd love to try it sometime. Do they drop loot as well? I'm trying to brute force plasteel plating.

I think they drop engrams as well. Not sure about that though

Also, I've tried soloing the Gk for glimmer and I was farming around 3k per 10min which is as much as exclusion zone. It's still worth it though cause I didn't have to worry about those drop ships and it's so much easier to just jump off and kill yourself at GK

You'll get some green/blue engrams. You will be swimming in Polyphage and going from zero to max glimmer in about 45 minutes with 25-30 beads as bonus.

Hung Wei Lo

Anyone up for Atheon HM x3? I have the checkpoint on all my characters

I only need one, but can stick around for the other two if you need bodies. I can pop in any time (I'll see the invite on my phone) PSN is Kinezo (aka the useless platformer)

I think they drop engrams as well. Not sure about that though

Also, I've tried soloing the Gk for glimmer and I was farming around 3k per 10min which is as much as exclusion zone. It's still worth it though cause I didn't have to worry about those drop ships and it's so much easier to just jump off and kill yourself at GK
Yeah, my exclusion zone farm is mlg, like clockwork: 4200 per resupply codes.

Just wanted to make it official as I forgot earlier.

1. Cosmos_Man
2.v1br4t1ons
4.sushi
5.androo2300
6. coyquettish

Final roster!

As much as I strongly hate the HM Crota encounter, the desire to beat his glitchy ass is stronger.

You've already beaten his ass many times. Even a "team first try" isn't fun imo, just a relief that dumb stuff didn't drag it out. I'm excited for the day dgaf abandons it completely. Or at least get some new sword runners slicing and dicing, to be able to experience that.

Lima

Two examples of lag during Crota fight.

https://xboxdvr.com/Revolver Ned/28a13847-fbb2-4d80-a388-9fc7376f688c

https://xboxdvr.com/Revolver Ned/42a2e79d-e40a-41a8-9c4a-9d7c700e9b4f

5 swords disappeared during these runs total and Crota did some other dick moves that I couldn't get on video. All these people showed green connection ingame but I know that one guy has one of the worst connections possible. I always like helping him so it's not a big deal but yeah all the glitches like sword disappearing and stuff are happening due to lag not because of bad luck. If you can't manage these glitches you have to find the person who is fucking up everything and eliminate them.

I played 4 HM Crota after that with a different group and got him down in 2 swords with the combo easy. No lag, no sword disappearing and stuff.

Mindlog

I was just about to lay down some complaints I had about Crota, but it would just be piling on.

I have a clip of myself getting instant-killed by Fist of Darkness as soon as he gets up.

It's just so weird feeling invincible against him one day and then overwhelmed the next.

Anyway, thanks for sticking it out team. Sorry it took so long.

Sullichin

This Game of War mobile ad is ridiculous. Its just a pan from breasts to face. Not usually one to get offended but that ad is an insult to anyone's intelligence. Not sure why it pisses me off so much.

You've already beaten his ass many times. Even a "team first try" isn't fun imo, just a relief that dumb stuff didn't drag it out. I'm excited for the day dgaf abandons it completely. Or at least get some new sword runners slicing and dicing, to be able to experience that.

I dread that encounter. It's awful. That entire HM raid is just crap tbh. The first part is so poorly designed that it's easier with fewer people. The bridge is ok. At least there's some careful combat involved. Deathsinger is over before you even get to enjoy it and then you have everything come to grinding stop as you mindlessly clear out loads of bullet sponges for no apparent reason (padding maybe?) finally you get to Crota, where you spend a couple of minutes emptying your ammo so that you don't use up any synth cause of course Xur doesn't have any and who wants to go and farm glimmer for hours and hours. The stress of worrying about your ammo replenishing before you kill several acolytes is the highlight of the raid really /s

Oh and of course the careful team coordination involved in getting the health of the Knights to just the right amount so someone can super them and create orbs. It's magic

I dread that encounter. It's awful. That entire HM raid is just crap tbh. The first part is so poorly designed that it's easier with fewer people. The bridge is ok. At least there's some careful combat involved. Deathsinger is over before you even get to enjoy it and then you have everything come to grinding stop as you mindlessly clear out loads of bullet sponges for no apparent reason (padding maybe?) finally you get to Crota, where you spend a couple of minutes emptying your ammo so that you don't use up any synth cause of course Xur doesn't have any and who wants to go and farm glimmer for hours and hours. The stress of worrying about your ammo replenishing before you kill several acolytes is the highlight of the raid really /s

Keep a few clips on hand to unload as soon as the encounter is activated. Helps prevent auto replenish

Keep a few clips on hand to unload as soon as the encounter is activated. Helps prevent auto replenish

I use the word of crota. I keep 32 rounds in reserve and as soon as the crystal is activated i begin emptying. It's still a chore

lol of course then there's the knight that kills you cause you were busy sniping with your ice breaker

FirewalkR

I use the word of crota. I keep 32 rounds in reserve and as soon as the crystal is activated i begin emptying. It's still a chore

lol of course then there's the knight that kills you cause you were busy sniping with your ice breaker

I use the No Land Beyond and leave one bullet in reserve until the crystal activates.

Mindlog

GLARB.
Just hopped on a friends game to help and #TeamFirstTried Hard Crota swordbearing as a Warlock. Probably could have two sword killed, but was playing it safe. I really have to scrutinize the film to find out what the big difference is.
TLW is also good but I then have to go into the inventory and equip the ice breaker
True. Wish that screen would load faster :]

Top Bottom