• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

milkham

Many thanks for the run everyone! You guys have saved me so much time and effort trying to get my character geared up. Terribly sorry about my poor performance on that last fight, first time being in there and all. :lol

yeah we probably should have taken some time to really explain what was happening first haha

thanks for helping us kadey and kartik

Thanks Driz and good job everyone.

And whoever was going nuts was cracking me up. Sounded like he was having a bad orgasm.

Theres no such thing as a bad orgasm.

Ooooooooooh ahhhhhhhhhhh. Don't go there. Please. Nooooooooooo. To the right. OH GOD. Oh oh. Up. AHhhhhhhhh. I hit him. HIT HIM. Ahhhhhhhhhh. Go. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Well, it might be bad for other ppl listening to it, but i'm sure he must have enjoyed it. lol

I'm so glad I maxed out my Black Hammer before they removed the perk. That would kill my OCD

It bothers me a lot. Hope they fix this in the next update.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Many thanks for the run everyone! You guys have saved me so much time and effort trying to get my character geared up. Terribly sorry about my poor performance on that last fight, first time being in there and all. :lol
You got the helmet which, all things considered, is probably the best piece of gear to get at least.

cilonen

Screw this. Kicked out of weekly right at Sekrion due to server disconnect, then booted out of the Archive right before Grayliks due to 'partner services lost'.

PSN / Destiny servers have been shit since yesterday evening. I'll try again later.

Namikaze1

Fuck me. Today is the day. GF is gonna pick me up in 20 minutes and then we are off for a 3-4 hour drive to my doom.

Have a great Valentine's Singles Day, DestinyGAF!

Namikaze1

Valentine's day here is July 12h. I'm probably Marathon The Walking Dead Season 2 on my PS4.
Game or show? I heard good things about S2 (the game) but after having quite a many technical difficulties with Telltale's games, I put off on buying season 2. Which is a shame cause I really loved season 1. If it's the show, prepare to get bored out of your mind.

Edit: and with that, I am off. See you in 9-10 hours, DGAF!

See you in 9-10 hours, DGAF!

Maybe..

vJaxzD.gif

border

Yeah, happens for everyone. It's because the hive disruptor perk was bugged so they just deleted it but didn't adjust for it to count as max upgraded without the perk now, if that makes sense.

Does the Hive Disruptor perk screw up the precision damage perk on Word of Crota as well?

Deku Tree

Does the Hive Disruptor perk screw up the precision damage perk on Word of Crota as well?

haha yep sure does! I'm sure they'll disable it too soon enough.

I don't think they're gonna disable it. With the word of Crota it just means you don't get an extra bullet in the mag after three crits against hive majors. I wish they didn't disable it on the black hammer either actually. I'd rather have the bonus damage instead of the other perk in both cases.

Jinjo

Dgaf help me, I need a game to wash away the sorrow of not receiving my Majora's Mask New 3DS yet. The order is still in limbo, so it might happen and it might not, so I can't just pick up a regular new 3DS + MM yet.

So, do I go Dying Light or Evolve? Or something else entirely?

Anyone else for Crucible? Got 5 now, 1 spots open.

I don't think they're gonna disable it. With the word of Crota it just means you don't get an extra bullet in the mag after three crits against hive majors. I wish they didn't disable it on the black hammer either actually. I'd rather have the bonus damage instead of the other perk in both cases.

Yeah, I get what you're saying, Word especially is pretty insubstantial perk. Personally I love the BHam perk but I get why some people don't like it too much. Great for wearing down the Knight majors at HM Scrota fight, as long as you can get them in a stun lock with the first shot.

Steroyd

Going through my backlog I started playing Catherine... Didn't even realise it was I don't get chocolate day.

I'm so glad I maxed out my Black Hammer before they removed the perk. That would kill my OCD

It kills me inside everytime I look at my maxed-but-not-really-maxed Black hammer. Give me the gold borderline back Bungie. T_T.

Anyone else for Crucible? Got 5 now, 1 spots open.

Yeah, I get what you're saying, Word especially is pretty insubstantial perk. Personally I love the BHam perk but I get why some people don't like it too much. Great for wearing down the Knight majors at HM Scrota fight, as long as you can get them in a stun lock with the first shot.
I'll get on.

border

I started a second character, against my own best judgement. It's a Warlock to compliment my Hunter.

What's the best way to power-level a new character? Campaign + Bounties?

I started a second character, against my own best judgement. It's a Warlock to compliment my Hunter.

PVP until you unlock bounties, then bounties, then PVP when you run out of them (ad of course PVP bounties).

Deku Tree

If your in a rush to get to 20 then do all the story missions, all the bounties, and play a lot of PvP.

If your into minimizing your time commitment, then do the story missions until you unlock bounties, then do all the bounties available, then do only the main the story missions until you unlock patrol on Mars, and do the daily PvE bounties (and maybe a public event each day) until you hit 20. This takes more days but requires less investment time.

If you like to play PvP and would be doing it anyway then yeah that helps a lot too especially with the PvP bounties.

blazeuk

Bounties are the most important things to do, you'll probably need to go through the story at some point anyway to unlock the different planets do to more bounties so you may as well get those out the way (it's a struggle though). I mixed in some PvP too but since it's a new character you're at a huge disadvantage against other players.

The Black Hammer perk is at least decent though, it's much easier to hit quick crit shots with a sniper and it refills the whole mag when you do, Word of Crota version of it is rubbish, 1 extra bullet per 3 crit hits isn't that useful.

So, do I go Dying Light or Evolve? Or something else entirely?

Evolve looks like it has a lot of potential but I haven't heard from enough people about how it stacks up, similar to Destiny you'd definitely need some reliable folks to play with to get max enjoyment. Dying Light sounds like Dead Island + a little Mirror's Edge, I wasn't into DI so I would go Evolve personally.

I am wondering if I should spend the coins on copies of the Icebreaker.

I have one Icebreaker and recently acquired my first Black Hammer. From a little bit of playtime, the BH seems superior in most engagements. It's a superior boss killer by a mile with a better ammo regen (no reload versus waiting seconds for each bullet).

There is one instance I can think of that the IB would definitely be superior which is the Oracle checkpoint, but beyond that I can't think of where I'd use the IB over the BH.

Am I missing anything, or should I go with my current feeling that a second or third IB would leave my hands as soon as I get another BH to drop?

Deku Tree

I am wondering if I should spend the coins on copies of the Icebreaker.

I have one Icebreaker and recently acquired my first Black Hammer. From a little bit of playtime, the BH seems superior in most engagements. It's a superior boss killer by a mile with a better ammo regen (no reload versus waiting seconds for each bullet).

There is one instance I can think of that the IB would definitely be superior which is the Oracle checkpoint, but beyond that I can't think of where I'd use the IB over the BH.

Am I missing anything, or should I go with my current feeling that a second or third IB would leave my hands as soon as I get another BH to drop?

6 bullet mag >>> 3 bullet mag

Everyone forgets to mention this when comparing IB to BH.

TheOddOne

Massive thanks to Lima for helping my scrub ass through Crota's End. Really appreciated that he explained every mechanic on every stage of the raid. Also for having massive patience.

Sorry that I wasn’t that much of help during the actual raid :(

Top Bottom