• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Raybunny

Hmmm...Doen't look like a tomb raider, but could be fun. Have you played enough to give it a quick review? I'd love to know how the puzzles are, since that's my favorite part of a TR game.

Puzzles are not that bad, they get more interesting in the end levels. If you play co-op you loose the ability to do it all so you must trust your co op partner. Make sure your friend got a mic so you make strategies together to pass the level. Its fun with some good replay ability.

Either way.

Anyone with Gorgon CP ?

Hey guys, i bumped an old destiny thread by mistake. Can someone explain to me how the exotic upgrades work? I recently got the ice breaker and there's an upgrade available but it seems to stay at the same damage when i put my cursor over it. Im not understanding.

Don't upgrade. That's for old exotic's that maxed at 300.

Hey guys, i bumped an old destiny thread by mistake. Can someone explain to me how the exotic upgrades work? I recently got the ice breaker and there's an upgrade available but it seems to stay at the same damage when i put my cursor over it. Im not understanding.

It's only useful if you want to upgrade an old 300 max damage exotic. Any exotic you pick up now will be a version 2 exotic with 331 max damage and there is no need to upgrade.

phen0m24

Hmmm...Doen't look like a tomb raider, but could be fun. Have you played enough to give it a quick review? I'd love to know how the puzzles are, since that's my favorite part of a TR game.
It's like the first one which I didn't play. It's just 4 player Co op which I think is on line as well. You have to move orbs light lamps and so forth. It's enjoyable but i haven't played a great deal. See if there's a demo! Maybe? :)

There's nothing left to do.

Looks like I'll have to delete my second hunter and start a cheeselock after all :(

Any recommended builds, gear and abilities for warlocks? I have a Heart of Praxic Fire, Light Beyond Nemesis and couple of other exotics sitting in my vault...

Deku Tree

There's nothing left to do.

Looks like I'll have to delete my second hunter and start a cheeselock after all :(

Any recommended builds, gear and abilities for warlocks? I have a Heart of Praxic Fire, Light Beyond Nemesis and couple of other exotics sitting in my vault...

Apotheosis Veil is the best warlock exotic IMO if you plan to fight Crota HM weekly.

Mrs. Drizzy? (Waits to see if she shows up in the fireteam as drdrizzay202)

:)

She is the real Boguester actually, :p (her PSN name, although she never uses that account).

Are you playing destiny on vday, please tell me you made her bfast in bed.

haha she hasn't woken up yet and I've been Crucibulldozing for a while now. She's awesome and super understanding, we never really have issues with stuff like that. Just like raiding, it's all about communication. :)

Kor I gotta say, I hate small team games with a passion. Especially Salvage... Sorry man haha

You missed out man. My K/Ds for the morning:

2fvlAJE.png

Lima

Then go Obsidian Mind if you've got it.

Edit: but you will want a helmet with infusion for HM Crota if your doing that.

Life steal. Just go punch a couple thrall while watching out for boomer shots and Crota and your teammates asking just what the fuck you are doing. Always great fun.

I have gorgon maze cp if anyone wants to glimmer farm at the gate keeper.

Edit: nvm apparently it didn't save even tho we wiped plenty of times. Weird.

Life steal. Just go punch a couple thrall while watching out for boomer shots and Crota and your teammates asking just what the fuck you are doing. Always great fun.

LBN is infusion. That should work fine. The Veil also works for both subclasses if you have it. Pretty good despite being ugly as shit.

Thanks, I have TDB legendary gear saved so can go from 20 to 27 very quickly. Just that getting to 20 is going to be a pain :(

Deku Tree

Life Steal helps if you don't have Infusion.

Edit: beaten

Good thing to do if needed but not a legit replacement for infusion IMO.

You never know when an exploder is going to creep up on you or a boomer or Crota is going to blast you from behind while going for a life steal.

So i bought the ice breaker, finished the nightly and what do i get....the ice breaker

Always finish your weekly events that has a chance to give you exotic before you buy anything from Xur, because RNG is one nasty bitch. You wouldn't believe how often people get the stuff as a drop that they just bought for coins.

Xion385

New to glimmer farming. Anyone know which area is the most efficient to farm? I've been hearing Incursion Zone or Gatekeepers. If anyone wants to partner up and show me the routes it would be greatly appreciated.

PSN: Xion385

@Crucibulldozer: my internet crapped out ;_: ... but probably a good point for me to stop anyway, another undefeated Gaf PvP marathon. That 20k-4k beatdown last round is a good one to leave on, great games everybody!

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Attention: Contacting Destiny servers...

SHUT UP

New to glimmer farming. Anyone know which area is the most efficient to farm? I've been hearing Incursion Zone or Gatekeepers. If anyone wants to partner up and show me the routes it would be greatly appreciated.

PSN: Xion385

Exclusion zone is solo, gatekeepers if you have least 3 players.

I need some hunger for my new warlock, I can farm with you for a bit.

Ambitious

Ok thanks, they should just grey it out if its not advantageous to get it. Thank god i didnt buy it.

Seriously. What the fuck are they thinking? I wonder how many exotic shards and glimmer have been wasted unintentionally so far. But it forces players to waste even more time grinding to re-level their weapons, which is in Bungie's interest after all.

Spiders

Got Red Death from Atheon.

I really like it so far. It feels a lot like the Battle Rifle from Halo, and the health regen will come in handy in Crota HM.

Many thanks for the run everyone! You guys have saved me so much time and effort trying to get my character geared up. Terribly sorry about my poor performance on that last fight, first time being in there and all. :lol

No worries man. Sorry about throwing you into hard VOG without explaining much lol you actually did really well. There were times when I was like "how is Burton still alive?"

Important thing is you got the Ice Breaker and the helmet. You can now buy the boots and level the chest/arms/boots and with the helmet you can get to 31. You can then do Crota's end and be on your way to 32. If I were you I would save coins and buy a piece of exotic armor next time Xur comes.

And thanks [SEXY] Kartik and Kadey for helping out at the end :)

Shito

My last nightfall of the week (I like to keep one for the week end ^^): back up plan.
Dupe, but I didn't upgrade the one I had, so that's always nice to have, an upgrade and a shard.

They really should up the exotic drop for nightfall a little bit, and introduce a 30 or 31 strike playlist that regularly drop legendary engrams. I would actually play it, in the hope of getting good roll weapons, and a small chance at exotics.
We're swimming in blue engrams at high end content, but we get soooo little purple ones, even though we don't really even need them that much.

Top Bottom