• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

LordofPwn

i love throwing knives in pvp.
Had a match last night where i ended the match on a ridiculous note.

Activate my super
Miss my first shot
Warlock is pissed, starts up his nova bomb animation.
2nd shot hits. i lol.
turn left, see 2 guys. think to myself sweet if i aim this right i can kill both with 1 overpenetrating shot.
proceed to miss 3rd shot.
aim for closest guy, miss him but hit the guy behind him. Double down.
Guy close to me is in shock how i managed to miss him with golden gun. proceed to stab him twice to death. Triple down. Merciless.
Jump up, see a guy getting shot by one of my team mates. try to melee cause i'm close.
Not that close. throws my knife. Headshot. kill. Stick Around, Breaker, Nail in the Coffin, Best Around, Victory.

Match is over a nova bomb is launched, i throw my knife at the guy, headshot, hawkmoon shot, i die, he dies. I feel like a god.

Future

Seriously. What the fuck are they thinking? I wonder how many exotic shards and glimmer have been wasted unintentionally so far. But it forces players to waste even more time grinding to re-level their weapons, which is in Bungie's interest after all.

It's literally the worst designed thing in this game and maybe any game ever. Buy ice breaker from Xur. See immediate option to upgrade it where he happily takes your money and hard earned rare currency to upgrade it into the exact same gun. If you had already maxed it, then he takes your money and rare currency to replace it with one that isn't maxed forcing you to do it all again

I've literally never seen a crap like that in any store in any game ever

LordofPwn

21 medals, 25 Kills
can you top it?
Medals.png

I just got the game a few days ago so pardon my ignorance but why do I see so many level 30s in the Earth patrol?

Not a bad question. It is a shared instance. Just because you are on patrol doesn't mean they aren't in a high level story mission or strike.

There is also a lot of reasons to do patrol even at high levels for bounties and public event rewards etc.

It's literally the worst designed thing in this game and maybe any game ever. Buy ice breaker from Xur. See immediate option to upgrade it where he happily takes your money and hard earned rare currency to upgrade it into the exact same gun. If you had already maxed it, then he takes your money and rare currency to replace it with one that isn't maxed forcing you to do it all again

Of all the annoying bugs and design quirks we deal with, this is the worst. It was a glaring problem on day one that can so easily harm those who don't follow every little detail on a blog online. The game doesn't bother explaining it so why wouldn't you "Upgrade" your weapon at Xur? There is no excuse for this one. Terrible.

I just got the game a few days ago so pardon my ignorance but why do I see so many level 30s in the Earth patrol?

Maybe they're doing bounties, farming materials, public events, or even on their way to a mission. Unfortunately there is no higher level patrol at the cosmodrome

That's so true. The game should automatically gray out the item if your exotic is already upgraded. I wonder if they'll ever fix this issue, as simple as it might seem

Looking for Templar HM.

PSN: Xion385

Hey mate sorry about earlier, couldn't give you the gatekeepers checkpoint as I had lost it by deleting my other hunter.

Also the lag on CE was so bad, we made it to crota in about 3 hours but it was such a nuisance getting those guys to coordinate dps. :/

Also the lag on CE was so bad, we made it to crota in about 3 hours but it was such a nuisance getting those guys to coordinate dps. :/

How people like that managed to last long enough to get characters high enough to play CE is mind boggling. Newbies are one thing, scrubs are another.

LordofPwn

I think this is 25 medals, 25 kills. Salvage though.
https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/2/4611686018428824241/2305843009237171415/1766758964

Will try to find a similar Clash match to yours.. fun looking through old games, I wish it let you see what your loadout was for each game

Edit: lol 3 Medic awards in one game, I guess I wasn't with a very good team

Even though i do feel medals are easier in salvage, that is really impressive

2/2 Mythoclast. This thing is rare right? This has to be like my 10th one.

This was just discussed the other day and there are several still Vexless.

yeah i've only ever had two vexes. i got all the monte carlos though if you need the hook up

Only 1 Monte Carlo ever. but 7 or more Mythoclasts. I went 3 for 4 on Hard mode back in the day. got 2 in the past week.

rNilla

I think Mythoclast and Gjallarhorn are the only exotics I have kept dupes of (one on each character).

I'm not sure why I bother with three Mythoclasts since two are completely unleveled.

I think Mythoclast and Gjallarhorn are the only exotics I have kept dupes of (one on each character).

I'm not sure why I bother with three Mythoclasts since two are completely unleveled.

Do you not use them? I would just put a little experience in them to unlock the Range and Stability perks and use them for PvP.

rNilla

Do you not use them? I would just put a little experience in them to umlock the Range and Stability perks and use them for PvP.

I rarely play PVP but I do like using it in there. Maybe it was so I didn't have to switch it around for the Fusion Rifle bounty? Probably also because it is, or was, kind of a VoG trophy weapon.

I have an extra Monte Carlo that will never see the light of day. I'll be willing to trade for a GHorn...

I have way more Exotics than I can reasonably level, dupes notwithstanding. I have 2 more exotics I plan to upgrade and then I will stop doing bounties unless I get Gjallarhorn dupes.

Top Bottom