• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

New DS4 feels a lot different from one I had. Feels lighter and more clicky.

Just bought my 3rd since destiny launched in September and to me it's the same shitty quality. They wear out way to quickly. Especially the feels on the sticks. I don't like it when they wear out. Feels to soft

Going to need one more for reset tomorrow. We normally run x3 normal Crota's (one full run, then x2 deathsinger + Crota checkpoints).

If your interested in joining us right at reset, just quote this post with your psn :)

1. Noomi85
2. Nuszka
3. Rubenov
4. Messiek
5. Hyun Sai
6. ruthlesbarbarian

Looks like no one has replied till now? I'm in, need some gear for my warlock.

New DS4 feels a lot different from one I had. Feels lighter and more clicky.

Absolutely, I bought the new camo DS4 and the build quality is so much better than the launch DS4.

Just bought my 3rd since destiny launched in September and to me it's the same shitty quality. They wear out way to quickly. Especially the feels on the sticks. I don't like it when they wear out. Feels to soft

Did you buy a black one? It might have been the older build. The new ones are definitely superior.

First that you know how much damage a sword combo does is just seriously crazy cool. But then everytime I read Scrota I hear you yelling it in the game.

LOL

It really helps if you can read people's posts in their voices, haha. People get upset at rant posts from people like Grave Robber or YzenUp (or me, haha) but they always just crack me up because I can hear them ranting and raving in party chat. Of course I read all your posts as Ahhhrnold. :)

Is um...there a YouTube link to this? I'd love to see the strat used.

1.) Do heavy ammo glitch
2.) Spam GHorns at literally everything (Sword bearer, Scrota, Ogres)
3.) Grab sword, hop on right rock, throw 1 fusion grenade with burn/ignite and 2 GHorns. As long as WPack rounds actually work, the burn will bring Scrota down just as you run up to him.
4.) Do 1 R1 slash and 4 R2 slams (68.4 k damage), enough to kill in 4 shield breaks
5.) Get lucky so boomers don't kill you while attacking.
6.) Run away, heal, pick up more glitched heavy packs, repeat.
7.) Grind many hours until you get lucky enough to finish 4 swords.

I'm glad someone finally got it but holy cow that strat is extremely boring. Of course it's still the fault of the encounter design, I really really really hope it's not possible to solo HoW raid.

It really helps if you can read people's posts in their voices, haha. People get upset at rant posts from people like Grave Robber or YzenUp (or me, haha) but they always just crack me up because I can hear them ranting and raving in party chat. Of course I read all your posts as Ahhhrnold. :)
You have to read YzenUp (Gaf = Floating divider ) in his voice to understand what hes ranting about. Humor doesn't translate well when it is typed :p

edit: p.s are we still doing the "do as much as its possible" reset raids? I am assuming so either way I will be on.

Absolutely, I bought the new camo DS4 and the build quality is so much better than the launch DS4.

Did you buy a black one? It might have been the older build. The new ones are definitely superior.

Ok so when Destiny launched i bought a black one and a white one. Both of them have the tops of their sticks all worn out. The rubber is still there but they do feel like a "loaf of bread"

Just bought a black one last week and already the left stick is beginning to fade. I still have my japanese white DS3 which I bought before DS3's with rumble were out in the US (a long time ago) and the tops of the sticks are still like new.
Another thing that bothers me is the sticks lose their resistance. They become much looser. This actually happened to my white DS4 first. Might not be a big deal to some but I don't like it

Oh and the squeaky triggers. Both the white one and the black one have them. So far the new DS4 doesn't squeak though

Ozone

First Crota HM kill:

B-BH0KuIUAIfais.jpg:large

Awwwwww yeah!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
a fine kill. well done to all

from that DS/Crota run, gjallarhorn, the crux of crota, red death, hard light and hawkmoon dropped, I can't even remember who got what

Ok so when Destiny launched i bought a black one and a white one. Both of them have the tops of their sticks all worn out. The rubber is still there but they do feel like a "loaf of bread"

Just bought a black one last week and already the left stick is beginning to fade. I still have my japanese white DS3 which I bought before DS3's with rumble were out in the US (a long time ago) and the tops of the sticks are still like new.
Another thing that bothers me is the sticks lose their resistance. They become much looser. This actually happened to my white DS4 first. Might not be a big deal to some but I don't like it

Oh and the squeaky triggers. Both the white one and the black one have them. So far the new DS4 doesn't squeak though

That sucks, I believe they still might be the older variants? The new ones, especially the camo, red and blue ones feel superior in build quality.

Rehsa

Got my motes of light, axiomatic beads and resupply codes transferred over to my Warlock with lvl 4 IB, I hope I wake up when my alarm goes off

Can't believe I got Husk of the Pit, yet still no Hawkmoon or Ghorn...

Yep... something that you can get from a random dreg (ghorn) has alluded me for about 800 hours of game play, but the reward for beating the hardest content in the game dropped after 5 hard mode clears (crux).

I think the drop rate for the crux feels about right, other exotics, not so much. Plus, exotics take way to long to upgrade. I want bungie to know that I'm not collecting exotics to have a museum, I'd actually like to use these exotic weapons. Unfortunately they aren't usable without the perks, and since I can only level one at a time, they sit in the vault.

Top Bottom