• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

KeRaSh

Not only is this weeks NF the shittest it can be, the loot also thought it should be on the same level.

NF#1:
Me: Crusader scout rifle (with firefly and outlaw but meh)
Brother: 10 coins
Friend: legendary special weapon engram (turned into Plan C #4... meh)

NF#2
Me: Void LDR5001 (already have a better Void sniper perk-wise)
Brother: legendary pulse rifle
Friend: legendary pulse rifle

Needless to say I gave up after that. Not sure I can stomache a third slog through that awful, awful strike for what amounts to a few energies in the end...

bitsurugi

OK, i have to write about this:

So yeah, we do tons of Banner, we clear 3x Atheon HM, we clear CE, it's getting kinda late, but not too late, so i have the amazing idea to do another quick NF before going to bed. Little did i know....

... so yeah, after relentless efforts, a group of 3, one of which is lvl 29, a warlock 32 and myself, come to face Omnigul. We decide not to cheese her (revive trick in the little room upstairs - btw, i STRONGLY suggest you do that, it's no risk, quick, effective) and things are going well, the 2 of those are dying, 29 ofc, but the 32 warlock too and i tell him not to use the self rez, but he replies it's no worry, since he gets his super up again quickly. I know he's good, so i don't worry.

Omni is at 5%, he spawns the big waves, but it's no biggie, i got the strike without dying bounty, still no deaths, only a little bit and just ... maybe.. a thunderlord might drop...

... I proceed to kill the major knight boomer, while the other 2 are killing the waves from the entrance next to Omnigul, while suddely...

... a late callout from my mates, i hear ''Knight''... BAAAAAM....

remember Fist of Crota mission, when you take the sword, then proceed forward and with ONE R2 you smash like 3-4 Thralls?

Yeah, the knight did that ... TO US! He smashed once and with one smash he killed ALL THREE. Like a boss!

I am waiting on the warlock to self rez. OFC, Murphy law, he didn't have it, it was on cooldown.

My biggest rage ever. EVER!

Moments of depression. I start to jump down from the cliff at the start of Omnigul strike. 10 times in a row, f*ck this game. Stupid wipe. I never wipe! And the worst part? We lost 30 mins. Cause we were ''too cool'' to cheese.

Return to orbit is the most depressing thing ever. For ONE stupid mistake. One death for me, a one shot, but it's enough for Bungie. Since this is still in the game, it is labelled as ''fun'' for them, Since loot cave is fixed and it was labeled as NOT FUN.

Next time we did it, legit.

And now i am a proud owner of 11 more Asc Energies.

And sleepless.

TLDR version: Lightswitch is stupid and this week's NF is the most depressing thing ever. But for Bungie this is fun, so ... hurray for us!

Speaking of....

upload_convert.gif

Didn't you also push him off hellmouth bridge right after I said lets try flawless? :<

Steroyd

I wouldn't mind Dust Palace every now and then. That strike gets a lot of undue hate in my opinion.

I don't think you've thought this through as a nightfall, not only do the boss Psions have regenerating shields of all three elements, but every normal psion will have a void shield to and most probably yellow health, and there's alooot of psions appear after you kill one of the bosses who love to play hide and seek.

And Phalanax's... It only takes one angry modifier to turn it in the most frustrating most hated strike behind Undying Mind easily especially if no burn ever happens.

Dust Palace as a normal strike is not bad, Dust Palace as a Nightfall is rage quit worthy.

KeRaSh

I don't think you've thought this through as a nightfall, not only do the boss Psions have regenerating shields of all three elements, but every normal psion will have a void shield to and most probably yellow health, and there's alooot of psions appear after you kill one of the bosses who love to play hide and seek.

And Phalanax's... It only takes one angry modifier to turn it in the most frustrating most hated strike behind Undying Mind easily especially if no burn ever happens.

Dust Palace as a normal strike is not bad, Dust Palace as a Nightfall is rage quit worthy.

I probably woudn't even bother with it to be honest. Not sure it can be done without losing your sanity or being extremely cautious.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
1st NF - Payback SoS shitty machine gun
2nd NF - 8 shards
3rd NF - 9 coins

It's like the game punished me for getting exotics thrice from NFs last week.

Steroyd

I probably woudn't even bother with it to be honest. Not sure it can be done without losing your sanity or being extremely cautious.

That's the stupidest part, you can't be cautious, you have to constantly DPS their ass the whole time to stop the shield from regenerating while the bosses hide behind everything.

My bloods boiling just thinking about it.

Shito

Yep.
The day this strike is added to the NF rotation is the day it gets added to my "skip this shit" list.

Dragons Breath, No Land Beyond and 4th Horseman all dropped multiple times during three normal DS + Crota. Amazing how weighted the crappy DLC weapons are.

Jinjo

Man, I miss DGAF, anyone of my FL up for some raiding later today? I don't care what, VoG hard, CE normal or hard. Pref CE normal since I am still chasing the fusion rifle and shotgun.

Shito

Found this nice list on Bungie's forums:

Code:
9/9/2014    Devil's Lair
9/16/2014   Summoning Pits
9/23/2014   Nexus
9/30/2014   Valus Ta'aurc
10/7/2014   Archon Priest
10/14/2014  Devil's Lair
10/21/2014  Summoning Pits
10/28/2014  Nexus
11/4/2014   Valus Ta'aurc
11/11/2014  Archon Priest
11/18/2014  Devil's Lair
11/25/2014  Summoning Pits
12/2/2014   Nexus
[B]12/9/2014   The Will of Crota[/B]
12/16/2014  Summoning Pits
12/23/2014  Nexus
[B]12/30/2014  The Will of Crota[/B]
1/6/2015    Valus Ta'aurc
1/13/2015   Devil's Lair
1/20/2015   Summoning Pits
[B]1/27/2015   The Will of Crota[/B]
2/3/2015    Archon Priest
2/10/2015   Nexus
[B]2/17/2015   The Will of Crota[/B]
Urg.

Ambitious

Found this nice list on Bungie's forums:

Code:
9/9/2014    Devil's Lair
9/16/2014   Summoning Pits
9/23/2014   Nexus
9/30/2014   Valus Ta'aurc
10/7/2014   Archon Priest
10/14/2014  Devil's Lair
10/21/2014  Summoning Pits
10/28/2014  Nexus
11/4/2014   Valus Ta'aurc
11/11/2014  Archon Priest
11/18/2014  Devil's Lair
11/25/2014  Summoning Pits
12/2/2014   Nexus
[B]12/9/2014   The Will of Crota[/B]
12/16/2014  Summoning Pits
12/23/2014  Nexus
[B]12/30/2014  The Will of Crota[/B]
1/6/2015    Valus Ta'aurc
1/13/2015   Devil's Lair
1/20/2015   Summoning Pits
[B]1/27/2015   The Will of Crota[/B]
2/3/2015    Archon Priest
2/10/2015   Nexus
[B]2/17/2015   The Will of Crota[/B]
Urg.

Here's a more exhaustive list. It includes modifiers and a few stats.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assume they want to fit it in at least once a month, in the same way the two DLC missions have to be dailies once a week.

If they're smart, they'll retire Omnigul and just put the House of Wolves strike in its place instead of trying to fit two DLC strikes in a month.

Of course, if they're smart, they'd just have a normal rotation, but yeah.

Anyone doing Iron Banner? Ill spend a few hours in it.

Wrecking the fuck out of people right now with a non-Gaf team, on a straight 10-0 roll right now. I can shoot you an invite if someone has to drop. Or if there's a Gaf team that gets going and needs another I could switch allegiances, wouldn't mind playing with a team where I don't have to explain not to cap point C on Firebase or A or Shores.... :p

B-H2LAmIYAA8i4w.jpg:large

Raybunny

Wrecking the fuck out of people right now with a non-Gaf team, on a straight 10-0 roll right now. I can shoot you an invite if someone has to drop. Or if there's a Gaf team that gets going and needs another I could switch allegiances, wouldn't mind playing with a team where I don't have to explain not to cap point C on Firebase or A or Shores.... :p

B-H2LAmIYAA8i4w.jpg:large

Sure, inv me. I am on a winning team also. 3 matches 3 wins. I am up to form a GAF team if we have enough players. Ill be spending most of my day in IB.

Them: Oh hey, Phaethon, what have you been up to lately?

Me: Just wasting the best years of my life collecting Medallions of Iron with randoms. You?

I say it every IB but it's funny how everyone's connection goes to shit as soon as IB rolls around.

Also, same effin bounties as always. I almost don't even want Lie anymore.

noomi

Ugh....

3 normal crota, 3 hard crota, 3 nightfalls, 3 gorgon chests and nothing new to show for it :/

All I have left is 3 atheon runs after work today, fingers crossed.

Them: Oh hey, Phaethon, what have you been up to lately?

Me: Just wasting the best years of my life collecting Medallions of Iron with randoms. You?

Hey bro, as long as you are getting kills and enjoying the gameplay, that's all that matters. :)

Not sure if you got my PSN message, but these guys I was with were going to do HM CE so I'm down to join another IB steam roller. Ending the run with a Mark of the Unbroken, good way to go out:

B-H_3TqIUAA1IDj.jpg:large

Greenymac

Anyone doing a nightfall or need to? I havent been doing any destiny activities for awhile, but I guess I still want a hawkmoon... Any takers?

Top Bottom