• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Had a decent haul yesterday after getting 0 exotics last week.

Crota saw fit that I own No Land Beyond despite my best efforts to avoid it. Got another Last Word and Ice Breaker.

Crota also dropped my 2nd Hunger and First Light of the Abyss.

Pretty good day.

Shito

Can't wait to hear about the weekly bungie update tomorrow :D

- Strike news (afk kicking, modifiers? ANYTHING?!?!)
- Heavy ammo/weapon nerf buff patch will hit next Tuesday, more details.
- Blabla about Iron Banner stats
- Random player stats
- I still don't have a hawkmoon, and will never know the epic pre-nerf range :****(
My guess on the strike news is that they will announce a better rotation for strikes when playing on a playlist.
Would be surprised if it were something more substantial...

Hyun Sai

Perhaps they finally found some proper genius to make that the same strike can't happen two or three times in a row for the same group.

Hi all.

I have a lvl 28 Titan character and I want to try the House of Glass raid, but as I play the game alone, I need some group to play that with.

Is there any group here willing to guide and play it through with me?

I live in Finland so an European country based team sounds more plausible I guess.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

It's vault of glass :p

I can play VoG with you, let's find a team.

Add me on psn: ruthlesbarbarian

PuMa

Had what seemed like an unusual amount of exotics drop in a NM CE run last night. I think 6 in total (of course I got nothing). Lunlunqq got the same thing two drops in a row.

Deathsinger killed: "Lunlunqq finds Dragon's Breath"
Crota killed: "Lunlunqq finds Dragon's Breath"

Lunlunqq - "Can I trade in 3 Dragon's Breaths for a Hawkmoon?"

Jito

Banned
Hope people in here have noticed the shit support for IB again from Bungie, same bounties, same map layouts, same gear, no Dark Below or Rumble maps added to rotation like promised.

"Full steam ahead with Destiny 2, what was that game we released last year?"

Shito

Hope people in here have noticed the shit support for IB again from Bungie, same bounties, same map layouts, same gear, no Dark Below or Rumble maps added to rotation like promised.

"Full steam ahead with Destiny 2, what was that game we released last year?"
Well, at least the support for IB is still miles better than the one for Queen's Wrath...

dB Viper

Had what seemed like an unusual amount of exotics drop in a NM CE run last night. I think 6 in total (of course I got nothing). Lunlunqq got the same thing two drops in a row.

Deathsinger killed: "Lunlunqq finds Dragon's Breath"
Crota killed: "Lunlunqq finds Dragon's Breath"

Lunlunqq - "Can I trade in 3 Dragon's Breaths for a Hawkmoon?"

Same here. Got my first Universal Remote and 4th Thunderlord soloing the entire NM CE.

Homeboyd

I hope they add a 30 playlist that drops legendary engrams.
Yeah, I'm a dreamer...

Modifiers would be nice, though.
Until they get rid of ass mats as not only possible, but highly likely, rewards from legendary engrams, I can wait. Have only had 1 legendary engram decrypt into an exotic since I started playing and it was an armor item for a warlock, which of course, I don't have. Seems like the vast majority of the legendary engrams I get immediate decrypt into ass mats. And the ones that don't usually end up the same just as quickly.

E92 M3

I hope they add a 30 playlist that drops legendary engrams.
Yeah, I'm a dreamer...

Modifiers would be nice, though.

Use the the following reason: If the players will love Bungie for it or if it will be "too much fun," it's not going to happen. Very unfortunate.

forrest

formerly nacire
I don't think you've thought this through as a nightfall, not only do the boss Psions have regenerating shields of all three elements, but every normal psion will have a void shield to and most probably yellow health, and there's alooot of psions appear after you kill one of the bosses who love to play hide and seek.

And Phalanax's... It only takes one angry modifier to turn it in the most frustrating most hated strike behind Undying Mind easily especially if no burn ever happens.

Dust Palace as a normal strike is not bad, Dust Palace as a Nightfall is rage quit worthy.

I get what it would entail, but in a game that recycles the little bit of content it has, I wouldn't mind it popping up once in a blue moon.

Shito

Until they get rid of ass mats as not only possible, but highly likely, rewards from legendary engrams, I can wait. Have only had 1 legendary engram decrypt into an exotic since I started playing and it was an armor item for a warlock, which of course, I don't have. Seems like the vast majority of the legendary engrams I get immediate decrypt into ass mats. And the ones that don't usually end up the same just as quickly.
I either want them to stop purples from decrypting into mats, OR bump the drop rate of legendary engrams for people that are 30~32.
I would be ok with them decrypting into shards or energies if I didn't only have in a blue moon. Make it so I can farm them, Bungie, and I will gladly accept that some of them decrypt to useless shit from time to time.

Use the the following reason: If the players will love Bungie for it or if it will be "too much fun," it's not going to happen. Very unfortunate.
Yeah, I know, but what is life without hope? :/

Bad-spawn-Blind-Watch comeback of the century saved our undefeated streak. Even run into a few good teams and pulled them out. The train rolls on, chugga-chugga.... and then a Shores self-derail ended the streak at 24 straight wins. GG everyone, I'll be back later for more. Only 1500 more rep to rank 5.

Bad-spawn-Blind-Watch comeback of the century saved our undefeated streak. Even run into a few good teams and pulled them out. The train rolls on, chugga-chugga.... and then a Shores self-derail ended the streak at 24 straight wins. GG everyone, I'll be back later for more. Only 1500 more rep to rank 5.

That was an awesome comeback, I was fully prepared for a medallion when the score was 5k-13k.

Took almost two fucking hours to do two nightfalls. We wiped one right at the end cos a bunch of thralls showed up whilst trying to DPS Omnigul and we must have been too close together. All I got to show for it are 10 coins im probably not going to spend and a shitty fusion rifle that was sharded immediately.

Fûck Omnigul, fuck lightswitch and fuck nightfall. Game is a fucking exercise in frustration

Took almost two fucking hours to do two nightfalls. We wiped one right at the end cos a bunch of thralls showed up whilst trying to DPS Omnigul and we must have been too close together. All I got to show for it are 10 coins im probably not going to spend and a shitty fusion rifle that was sharded immediately.

Fûck Omnigul, fuck lightswitch and fuck nightfall. Game is a fucking exercise in frustration

Never doing that again.

That was an awesome comeback, I was fully prepared for a medallion when the score was 5k-13k.

Definitely saved that video, it was absolutely by the skin of our teeth. Just goes to show how OP map control is for the scoring system on any of the really imbalanced maps.

Damn, so fast?

lol yeah... I played a lot of IB yesterday and another 25 matches this morning, turned in all the bounties for both days. Also helps to win 90+% of the time, haha.

LordofPwn

Did 3 full HM Crota kills and 1 nightfall within 3 hours of signing on last night.
had 1 HM clear, no wipes, 35 minutes. first nightfall took 30...
all in all i got 2 no land beyonds, a thunderlord, universal remote, legendary engram that turned into a bad RL, and a bad legendary scout.

Also tried running sword on normal for a group of guys and they were trying to do heavy glitch. Short story, don't. it wastes time and if it only works for one of you now we've got 4 people who don't have much of any ammo and we already have problems downing crota fast enough. I can casually 2-man normal. 2 g-horn rockets and some primary fire for safe measure and crota is down. hell after the group left i went back in and was soloing it. managed to get crota down twice with first sword. Also don't bring a 29 if you're just going to be reckless. If you're a 29 at crota you're one job is to not die. Also i should not be killing one whole side of adds, grabbing chalice, and sniping boomers before the actual snipers get over there. That happened on multiple occasions too. I'd say left side clear. grabbing chalice, i'd bring it back and no one would be over there so i would head shot the 2 knights and then start damaging the sword bearer... it was frustrating and now im done ranting.

Cant wait to start up IB this week. need to locate my shader.

Homeboyd

I either want them to stop purples from decrypting into mats, OR bump the drop rate of legendary engrams for people that are 30~32.
I would be ok with them decrypting into shards or energies if I didn't only have in a blue moon. Make it so I can farm them, Bungie, and I will gladly accept that some of them decrypt to useless shit from time to time.

Yeah, I know, but what is life without hope? :/
Except, of course, for the fact that if you're 30-32, ascendant shards are 100% useless.

Gordon

*sigh* Bungie announces that Pulse Rifles are their new thing, and suddenly I start getting Pulse garbage drops from everything. I guess this Edict thing will be fun for shooting through knight shields. I sharded The Conduit immediately of course. Sitting on a pair of Coiled Hiss-es with full auto just in case. Man, if they're shitting on auto rifles and fusion rifles, they better make pulse rifles seriously powerful. It feels like Bungie's dream is to have me use at least 3/4 of a clip per kill. I mean I get that slow killtimes are more fun (arguably - insert Halo 3 vs. CoD debate here) but seriously, have Bungie ever tried Pulse Rifles? They're fucking terrible. They kinda make me hate the BR retroactively. Just a little.

nope, i think i gave up at some hard boss after a dozen hours. i'll def replay it again after i beat P4G NG+. i wanna give it another chance altho i'll just do easy cuz i never liked the combat in these Persona games.

Ahh yea I'm about a dozen hours in and I hear it gets really good but part of me wants to skip to P4G. Haven't played P3 in like a year anyways.

LiK

Ahh yea I'm about a dozen hours in and I hear it gets really good but part of me wants to skip to P4G. Haven't played P3 in like a year anyways.

yea, just jump into P4G. it's awesome. i'm only gonna play P3 because I need to play it before I check out the Persona fighters. they're supposed to be sequels.

Yeah. I'm not doing the third nightfall or weeklies. Fuck that bullshit.

When is the train starting up? I need to get my mind off the nightfall bullshit by getting involved with laggy bullshit.

Ugh, I'm just a masochist at this point....
Here you go Lollipop

giphy.gif

border

Thralls?

Use the cheese spot, and you never have to worry about adds. Bring a Titan bubble and you can murder her pretty fast.

The only irritating thing about the Omnigul fight is how long her final phases can take, and how many other wizards she spawns.

Thralls?

Use the cheese spot, and you never have to worry about adds. Bring a Titan bubble and you can murder her pretty fast.

The only irritating thing about the Omnigul strike is how long her final phases can take.

We were. The thralls weren't really the problem. The strike was taking ages and we made a small mistake as it was getting a bit monotonous. To pay for that mistake we had to spend another 30 fucking mins getting there

Top Bottom