• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Rubenov

I've been trying out the raid pulse rifle (Oversoul Edict)... and I like it quite a bit!

It was especially useful during the Nightfall as it tore through those pesky Knight shield walls.

On another note, got to about Rank 3.5 during Iron Banner yesterday. I now have all iB weapons except the pulse rifle.

Just got a Radegast's Fury IB Rocket Launcher to drop!! Terrible perks but worth a re-roll. So it looks like the RL and sniper will likely be the two weapons that can drop this time.

B-IJms9IgAAVvnU.jpg:large

...and hate mail! From the same match! GG! The final score was 20k - 7k, so I find his claims of owning us rather dubious.

B-IMkKkIcAAq3T_.jpg:large

This is literally carnage.

haha it's fun when you have a decent team. Control is a terribly designed PvP mode that completely snowballs against one team based on a few factors like supers and heavy, but mainly map control especially on severely unbalanced maps (that round was Blind Watch).

noomi

Can't wait to hear about the weekly bungie update tomorrow :D

- Strike news (afk kicking, modifiers? ANYTHING?!?!)
- Heavy ammo/weapon nerf buff patch will hit next Tuesday, more details.
- Blabla about Iron Banner stats
- Random player stats
- I still don't have a hawkmoon, and will never know the epic pre-nerf range :****(

I've been trying out the raid pulse rifle (Oversoul Edict)... and I like it quite a bit!

It was especially useful during the Nightfall as it tore through those pesky Knight shield walls.

On another note, got to about Rank 3.5 during Iron Banner yesterday. I now have all iB weapons except the pulse rifle.

I like it as well and have been using it more and more, it will only get better after the weapons update. Also I missed you yesterday man :( Don't ever leave me again!

Would any one or two to.make it quick kind folks mind doing the selfless, charitable act of killing Xyor to knock out this Thorn bounty I've been sitting on for 2 weeks?

PSN - TheApatheticOne

bitsurugi

I will go full Banner again today, just need to finish work, then it's showtime! Hopefully little less lag then yesterday, plx thx bai!

Rubenov

I like it as well and have been using it more and more, it will only get better after the weapons update. Also I missed you yesterday man :( Don't ever leave me again!

Ah, yeah, didn't want to derail the IB train last night.

I'll be traveling to the Philippines all next week so won't be in for reset :/ Will pick it back up the following week no doubt.

Take note Bungie, things seem to be dramatically slowing down both here and over at /r/destinythegame. This week's Nightfall in addition to another Iron Banner with the same old bounties and same old maps is just another reminder of how poorly managed this game is and how seemingly little fucks Bungie gives. I really hope the strike news is something positive. I am so sick of TDB dailies and strikes. They are shite.

noomi

Beat P4G in 3 days over the weekend. Onto NG+. Still not in the mood for Destiny lol

You're not missing much honestly, things are quite around here. I just beat vanishing of ethan carter and started on assassins creed unity recently.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Take note Bungie, things seem to be dramatically slowing down both here and over at /r/destinythegame. This week's Nightfall in addition to another Iron Banner with the same old bounties and same old maps is just another reminder of how poorly managed this game is and how seemingly little fucks Bungie gives. I really hope the strike news is something positive. I am so sick of TDB dailies and strikes. They are shite.

My play has dropped from at least 2 hours a day to nothing. All my IRL friends have moved on as well and only come back for 1 nightfall a week. There's simply nothing to get or accomplish that warrants the effort and putting up with bugs and other BS.

Ambitious

Anyone up for nightfall + weekly? Might do it more than once

I can join you for one Nightfall.

Beat P4G in 3 days over the weekend. Onto NG+. Still not in the mood for Destiny lol

Just 3 days? Huh. I bought it months ago, but I kept putting it off because supposedly it's a pretty long game. An ex-coworker even claimed I should expect it to take more than 100 hours. Well, evidently not.

So looking at the perks on the HOW raid gear (vex striker and vex breaker), I got a feeling that we might be fighting vex again as main enemies / boss in the raid.

Ambitious

I'm thinking about replacing my Saterienne Rapier with Gheleon's Demise. More impact, AP rounds and a slightly bigger mag. Sounds great. I don't mind the reduced stability and the increased reload time.

LiK

I can join you for one Nightfall.

Just 3 days? Huh. I bought it months ago, but I kept putting it off because supposedly it's a pretty long game. An ex-coworker even claimed I should expect it to take more than 100 hours. Well, evidently not.

The snowstorms made it easy to marathon for me. I played it almost nonstop.

Took me 41 hours and 23 minutes. I got the bad ending so I'll be replaying to max out everything and get the true ending.

Holy shit, how many hours did it take? I put maybe 35+ into P4G and only made it as far as the camping trip. The end was nowhere in sight and I kinda lost momentum, I've heard it's a 100+ hr game and can be waaay more if you actually do all the stuff.

Keep going, it's pretty awesome. Even more hilarious scenes await. I really love the story and characters. But yea, if you wanna do everything, it will take close to 100 hours. Some of the requirements to get certain trophies takes a lot of grinding.

Holy shit, how many hours did it take? I put maybe 35+ into P4G and only made it as far as the camping trip. The end was nowhere in sight and I kinda lost momentum, I've heard it's a 100+ hr game and can be waaay more if you actually do all the stuff. (Edit: wow you read my mind and answered this post in the above post o_O).

Are you guys playing against level 20s?! Holy smokes.

Basically everyone in IB is Lv30+, considering how easy it is to hit that level now. Some blowouts are even against full teams, although mostly it's combinations of randos, duos and triples. That's just how Control works, if you control the right points and use supers + heavies judiciously you can steamroll even a good team.

Hiko

Banned
So is the iron banner finally working the way it's intended? I was doing 47 per head shot with the Suros against lower levels yesterday. Felt good.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Hi all.

I have a lvl 28 Titan character and I want to try the VaultHouse of Glass raid, but as I play the game alone, I need some group to play that with.

Is there any group here willing to guide and play it through with me?

I live in Finland so an European country based team sounds more plausible I guess.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

So looking at the perks on the HOW raid gear (vex striker and vex breaker), I got a feeling that we might be fighting vex again as main enemies / boss in the raid.
Those are placeholders. All of the Crota's End gear had Oracle Disruptors as their special perk through datamining until the big 2 GB update dropped in late November.

Top Bottom