• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

xCobalt

Although for whatever reason I ran into a fair number of Necros in IB yesterday and was getting torn up. I chalked it up to my terrible play rather than the assumption that gun might actually be worth a damn.

Pretty sure necro has the shortest TTK in pvp although the majority of your shots need to be headshots

I hope they add a 30 playlist that drops legendary engrams.
Yeah, I'm a dreamer...

Modifiers would be nice, though.

I always thought they should have a high level strike playlist that has a daily modifier list with 2 random modifiers which rotates daily. Would be a good way to mix it up. Rewards would also be increased appropriately.

Shito

Actually, I'd love to see them let us use the motes or coins to influence the rolls at the end anyway. Let someone dump 10 strange coins to make the chance of an exotic 90%; it's not going to hurt anything.

I always thought they should have a high level strike playlist that has a daily modifier list with 2 random modifiers which rotates daily. Would be a good way to mix it up. Rewards would also be increased appropriately.
Both of those ideas would be awesome.
Basically, Bungie has to understand that endgame players need something to farm for, be it exotics they don't have yet, or legendaries with better perks. It seems they really didn't think about endgame *at all*.

Both of those ideas would be awesome.
Basically, Bungie has to understand that endgame players need something to farm for, be it exotics they don't have yet, or legendaries with better perks. It seems they really didn't think about endgame *at all*.

I wouldn't say they didn't think about it at all. They put a lot of thought into it with the numerous grinds within grinds acquiring new gear and around mat collection and XP for gear etc. They may have underestimated how hard some people would grind and how soon people hit the limits though.

The Hard raids are the end game content with Weekly reset missions as something extra to keep people coming back. They did a good job with it in general from a birds eye view.

Now that they have a lot of data on player behavior they can tune the end game a lot better. It is just a matter of when they do it.

CLBridges

I'm seriously thinking about deleting my 2nd warlock and creating a titan, so that I can have all three classes. But, thinking about going through the "story" and grind again makes my head ache. I'll probably wait until HoW drops and then make a decision.

On another note, I have all the weapons from NM/HM Crota and, other than helping out folks who need clears, I'm done with that shit. Although it's a walk in the park now with most groups, it's just not fun enough to want to run multiple times per week IMO.

Gordon

Ha... hahahaha...

I've got one more NF, two HM Crotas, and three HM Atheons left. If I get the Horn this week, finally, I will shard an exotic of GAFs choosing.
PMt5kOu.png

Frostburn

I'm seriously thinking about deleting my 2nd warlock and creating a titan, so that I can have all three classes. But, thinking about going through the "story" and grind again makes my head ache. I'll probably wait until HoW drops and then make a decision.

On another note, I have all the weapons from NM/HM Crota and, other than helping out folks who need clears, I'm done with that shit. Although it's a walk in the park now with most groups, it's just not fun enough to want to run multiple times per week IMO.

Share him and make that Titan, I've grown to love all 3 classes and it's nice to be able to choose which one I want to play at that moment or with a certain group makeup. Do it now so you are ready for HoW with all 3 classes when it releases.

Going to have a hard time getting my Hunter alt IB ready in time to actually grind it. At 27 now with almost maxed exotic gloves, and two bubbles short of maxed legendary chest. Mostly gated on both of those by Saphire Wire and shards. Still only have a blue helmet and boots and wouldn't be able to get enough marks to buy anything from a vendor even if I reached cap this week. I'm hoping to get to at least 29 before jumping in (it was rough on my titan alt last IB but doable), but I might have to try earlier than that.

Just do it. It isn't as bad as you think. I got a new Titan this week and they are a blast to play. I may end up playing Titan more than the other 2 classes now. With the TDB dlc, there are a bunch of new bounties you can do each day so the leveling was surprisingly fast.

Never had to do Mars missions and only did some Venus since there were a lot of bounties easily done there.

Gordon

Yeah, they definitely need a better manual, but that would require people to read it. The game may be fairly obtuse in a lot if ways, but mission modifiers are pretty straight forward. I would put a lot of the onus on people to read what is plainly on the screen and hold them to that. A lot of dense folks out there unfortunately. That's why I try to stick to GAF, they are generally above average and high information players.
I feel like more people read the manual because it's an outlet while you're excited but have to wait to play, getting home from the store or waiting for it to install. And yeah, I wish I could rely on gaf for players, but sadly I'm still clutching my faithful old 360, so my player pool is primarily populated with drama-riddled teenagers from tower. You have no idea how many raids have fallen apart because of bloody infighting... smh

I just played the Nexus strike for the Sekrion bounty and did not get the bounty. Why's that? I was down in the arena while the other two stayed up top. One of them killed Sekrion. Don't tell me it only counts if either I kill him myself or be in close vicinity to the player who does.
I think it's like an assist - if you haven't put damage on in the last few seconds it's like you're weren't even there. The thanks we get for clearing adds, right?

They really should give us the possibility for trading.

Since last week I got 3 Ghorns to add to my already maxed Ghorn.

I don't need those and would gladly trade with guys I know really want one like Kartik, Frostburn and Vinijack.

Instead I sharded one and now have one on each character that will take forever to upgrade.

Frostburn

They really should give us the possibility for trading.

Since last week I got 3 Ghorns to add to my already maxed Ghorn.

I don't need those and would gladly trade with guys I know really want one like Kartik, Frostburn and Vinijack.

Instead I sharded one and now have one on each character that will take forever to upgrade.

Yeah I agree, same has happened to me with Hawkmoons, I have gotten 7 or 8 and of course the max anyone needs is 3. I doubt they will ever add trading though :( maybe for Destiny 2.

patchday

Ran the Nightfall last night and got a useless Machine Gun. Made it to rank 2 in Iron Banner. Had some bad matches but finally settle down and won a bunch in a row. I don't think I can make it to rank 5. I just can't stomach it.

It sucks the ranks aren't cumulative. I've probably hit rank 4 like 3-4 times. cant do it anymore. I'm skipping this IB completely

Gordon

Just do it. It isn't as bad as you think. I got a new Titan this week and they are a blast to play. I may end up playing Titan more than the other 2 classes now. With the TDB dlc, there are a bunch of new bounties you can do each day so the leveling was surprisingly fast.

Never had to do Mars missions and only did some Venus since there were a lot of bounties easily done there.
^This - I haven't done anything on Venus with my alt titan other than hard VoG, and I haven't been to Mars at all. Don't really see much reason to. Frankly I wouldn't even have Venus unlocked if I hadn't wanted to do the Summoning Pits for a bounty.

Yeah I agree, same has happened to me with Hawkmoons, I have gotten 7 or 8 and of course the max anyone needs is 3. I doubt they will ever add trading though :( maybe for Destiny 2.

They dropped it intentionally. They intended it to be there according to early vidocs, but cut it. I imagine it is because either Bungie or Activision didn't want to have to deal with the Black Market and people farming the game for money.

Future

They dropped it intentionally. They intended it to be there according to early vidocs, but cut it. I imagine it is because either Bungie or Activision didn't want to have to deal with the Black Market and people farming the game for money.

Solution is simple: trade with only immediate fire team on the score card. Will make some friends with randoms and make fire teams even more beneficial (increased chance you can get something you want)

Nothing like seeing a fire team member get an item you want, then promptly see "fire team member found ascendent shard" as they shard it immediately for shards that he probably doesn't need either

For once I'd like to see some design that isn't about grinding 100s of hours and delaying people from getting items they want for as long as possible, and instead focus on increasing social activity and the feeling you can actually get shit from time to time

Question: beat deathsinger on normal with an alt yesterday. If I go back and beat DS on hard, do I get another drop or is it literally the same as what the Abyss chest used to be (one drop regardless of difficulty)??

Arrrammis

It sucks the ranks aren't cumulative. I've probably hit rank 4 like 3-4 times. cant do it anymore. I'm skipping this IB completely

I kind of feel the same way, except that I've pretty much run out of content otherwise. I have 2 lvl. 32 characters and one lvl. 31 (already ran the raid this week), as well as most of the exotics. Plus, I really want a full IB set so that I don't have to look like a radioactive space vampire anymore (warlock raid armor + glowhoo). It's one of the only ways to look different than the majority of 32's.

LTWood12

Question: beat deathsinger on normal with an alt yesterday. If I go back and beat DS on hard, do I get another drop or is it literally the same as what the Abyss chest used to be (one drop regardless of difficulty)??

It's literally the same. i.e. you get nothing.

noomi

Let me know if you need help/ need some extra people. Still hoping for that elusive Ghorn so my Destiny life can be complete.

Yeah we will, only have 3 of us lined up for now. We are going in at 3:30PM EST (about 3hrs from now)

Psn me dude, noomi85

Shito

My guess is that it would cut too much on the grinding time, so when they saw they wouldn't have that much content, they cut out features that would make you progress faster.

CLBridges

One drop, it's happened to me. Beat normal then hard DS and got nothing on HM.

patchday

I doubt their intentions were that altruistic. Trading is normally the first thing to go in this type of grinder. Because they want us to play an average of 2-3 hours a day and keep us occupied til the next dlc arrives.

If this game had trading like in Diablo we could save each other a lot of grinding. I could just directly give my friend the shards he needs to hit 31. stuff like that

It's literally the same. i.e. you get nothing.

One drop, it's happened to me. Beat normal then hard DS and got nothing on HM.

Thanks. That's what I figured. Just wanted to confirm before I disappoint myself.

So I have the following left:

1) 1 nightfall
2) 3 Atheon HM
3) 2 Crota HM

That's 6 chances at the Horn. If the Horn comes my way at any point this week, I will shard any non-GHorn exotic of GAFs choosing.

LTWood12

Thanks. That's what I figured. Just wanted to confirm before I disappoint myself.

So I have the following left:

1) 1 nightfall
2) 3 Atheon HM
3) 2 Crota HM

That's 6 chances at the Horn. If the Horn comes my way at any point this week, I will shard any non-GHorn exotic of GAFs choosing.

You need to play with me. I swear this game works on some sort of contagious system or something. I've had three or four get their first w/ me in the last two weeks. And I got a third, friend got a second.

You need to play with me. I swear this game works on some sort of contagious system or something. I've had three or four get their first w/ me in the last two weeks. And I got a third, friend got a second.

... so which of the above events would you like to complete tonight? I have a Gorgon HM CP and a Crota HM CP. ;)

Top Bottom