• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Best part of last night, someone was saying how good the Hawkmoon sounds and Noomi told them to shut up. Hyunsai equips his, shoots it a few times and says "Is really good sound."

That was awesome.

The third hard kill took longer than the other 3 kills (2 hard 1 normal) combined I think.

ERMint13

Did anyone try the reset trick with IB to buy gear? I want to roll it up to rank 5 and see if next IB run he is selling Timur or Spear. I'd like some extra ones to roll for the hell of it.

cilonen

The grimoire card for the Necro is ominous and powerful-sounding. Why can't the weapon be like that?

"The Weapons of Sorrow were believed to be nothing more than a myth. But even the darkest myths are born of some truths, and whispers of the Necrochasm have long filled the Light with dread.

It is said the Necrochasm was born in the twilight after Crota’s sword first cracked the Moon. That a lost Guardian’s weapon was altered by the Hive in an attempt to fuse their own dark understanding with humanity’s mastery of war. The result was a weapon that would feed on its owner’s aggression—reaching further when angry eyes drew focus, its hunger rising as it tore through bone and flesh.

Any Guardian who comes across the weapon must ask some very simple questions with endlessly complicated answers: Is your Light bright enough to stand, even briefly, in full gaze of the Hive's abyss? Can it handle what has died and been reborn in those shadows?"

Can your light fuel you into reloading faster then the blink of an eye as you feed clip after clip into downing a single level 15 Knight?

noomi

I will be there if you need one !

Yep, your on my list Hyun Sai :) See you soon!

Are you gonna do HM Atheonx3? count me in

Yup, we are going x3 Atheon hard, starting once at gatekeeper then grabbing Atheon CP on my other 2 alts so we can just start there for the other two.

my PSN is noomi85, starting in about 2 hours from this post. Friend me

I'd be up for this.

send me a FR noomi85 , starting in about 2 hours.

Sounds good, friend request sent on PSN (Surprised we weren't friends already!)

Awesome! Yeah I know haha, see you shortly.

He defriends you if you shoot your Hawkmoon in front of him.

That coooooold blooded.

JayHayabusa

Yep, your on my list Hyun Sai :) See you soon!

Yup, we are going x3 Atheon hard, starting once at gatekeeper then grabbing Atheon CP on my other 2 alts so we can just start there for the other two.

my PSN is noomi85, starting in about 2 hours from this post. Friend me

send me a FR noomi85 , starting in about 2 hours.

Awesome! Yeah I know haha, see you shortly.

That coooooold blooded.

Still place for one?
jayforone on PSN

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Two first timers in VoG got fatebringers, feels good :)

Thank you for that. Will finish that glasshouse later.
Felt a bit useless when all the weapons are so so and constantly dying but gotta start somewhere.

Now to cook some dinner.

E92 M3

Sure lets go with that :p

telomere.jpg

Can your light fuel you into reloading faster then the blink of an eye as you feed clip after clip into downing a single level 15 Knight?

You got some power fantasies there.

Ryck

How can I effectively complete the Thorn exotic bounty when every death knocks my point total farther and farther down?

I had some dominant matches yesterday but barely eclipsed 100/500...
Do rumble with two other friends in the party chat and game. Meet up at an agreed location on the map, kill them, repeat, Thorn, boom.

E92 M3

2 things.

1) Not fair as you did this before I got to.
2) I am pretty sure RNilla doesn't use Weapons of Light bubbles. :p

RNilla, we need an official ruling on the field for using WoL bubbles. mwahahahaha

lol such a crappy weapon

Can't wait to level my Ally

Necro is still one of the coolest looking weapons. I love the flames. Bungie needs to buff it and add the yellow bar around the weapon.

Namikaze1

2 things.

1) Not fair as you did this before I got to.
2) I am pretty sure RNilla doesn't use Weapons of Light bubbles. :p

RNilla, we need an official ruling on the field for using WoL bubbles. mwahahahaha

lol such a crappy weapon

Can't wait to level my Ally
I forgot I had WoL equipped. Thought I had BoL which I needed badly in a few spots.

noomi

First 5 times I took down Crota on normal I got 3 Hunger of Crotas and 1 Swordbreaker.

Not a single drop ever since.

Bungie may have tunned something server-side.

I'm fully convinced they messed with the drop rates after the 2nd week of hard mode. BTW, you're still in for Atheon today @ 3:30 right?

phen0m24

Necro is still one of the coolest looking weapons. I love the flames. Bungie needs to buff it and add the yellow bar around the weapon.

NO denying that. The flames look sick. It needs a buff in the worst way.
along with NLB

When those two get buffs, which weapon will they switch to next?

My vote is for any of the current no-impact bullet hose AR's.

shermas

45 minutes of nightfalling/bulletsponging for.... 8 coins. I guess it'll help me buy something from xur, but not quite what I was hoping for. :(

What a pain in the butt this nightfall is. holy cow.

Forgot to mention an LFG group I joined last week for a full run. This group literally had ZERO requirements (post just said #LFM Hard Crota's End Fresh) so I joined.

We were waiting for the bridge to form to drop down the Abyss and looked at each other. 6 Titans. All with glowhoo. All with same raid gear and 4 had helm of Saint 14. We all had fangs/fatebringer, black hammer and GHorns. Every. Single. One. Literally the only variation was 2 other exotic pieces and emblem/banner.

cilonen

along with NLB

Naw. We're not allowed to enjoy AR's ever again. Bungie says so.

along with NLB

The Cursebreaker needs to proc more often too. Barely even useful.

Impact needs a huge boost and then its a good weapon. It should be the Fatebringer of AR's.

phen0m24

Forgot to mention an LFG group I joined last week for a full run. This group literally had ZERO requirements (post just said #LFM Hard Crota's End Fresh) so I joined.

We were waiting for the bridge to form to drop down the Abyss and looked at each other. 6 Titans. All with glowhoo. All with same raid gear and 4 had helm of Saint 14. We all had fangs/fatebringer, black hammer and GHorns. Every. Single. One. Literally the only variation was 2 other exotic pieces and emblem/banner.

Titan >
everything else confirmed

EDIT:
Naw. We're not allowed to enjoy AR's ever again. Bungie says so.

All the more reason for Rodiard and now Nami to feature them! :) They are the "they" in my comment. ;)

2nd EDIT:
The Cursebreaker needs to proc more often too. Barely even useful.

Impact needs a huge boost and then its a good weapon. It should be the Fatebringer of AR's.

I don't have the Cursebreaker. Is it faction-specific?

ERMint13

How can I effectively complete the Thorn exotic bounty when every death knocks my point total farther and farther down?

I had some dominant matches yesterday but barely eclipsed 100/500...

If you work with a team you can stay back a little more and pick your spots. I used a fusion and Corrective Measure with some Truth mixed in depending on the map.

At my worst I'd pick up 20 points. On a good map/game I'd pick up 75-100. I average a little above a 1k/d mostly 1.2-1.5 is my general range....

Remember when Bungie said we could all be unique and customize how we look?

I'm fully convinced they messed with the drop rates after the 2nd week of hard mode. BTW, you're still in for Atheon today @ 3:30 right?

I need to drop my kid at his mom's house, but yeah I plan to be online.

If I'm not just replace me so you guys don't waste time.

Top Bottom