• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

It's literally the same. i.e. you get nothing.

Because of this, I think running normal full, and then hard Crota checkpoint for another exotic chance is the way to go. If you don't really need anything else from the raid. I'll still do hard fresh if I'm invited, but I don't care about that 8th raid pulse rifle.

Thanks. That's what I figured. Just wanted to confirm before I disappoint myself.

So I have the following left:

1) 1 nightfall
2) 3 Atheon HM
3) 2 Crota HM

That's 6 chances at the Horn. If the Horn comes my way at any point this week, I will shard any non-GHorn exotic of GAFs choosing.
About to run hardmode Crota from the DeathSinger checkpoint after we beat this normal bridge section

patchday

I kind of feel the same way, except that I've pretty much run out of content otherwise. I have 2 lvl. 32 characters and one lvl. 31 (already ran the raid this week), as well as most of the exotics. Plus, I really want a full IB set so that I don't have to look like a radioactive space vampire anymore (warlock raid armor + glowhoo). It's one of the only ways to look different than the majority of 32's.

Oh yeah I already got the gauntlets for my Titan. He gets complements all the time.

I thought bout deleting one of my characters to make a warlock. But I just cant go through that massive undertaking right now. Too many new games coming out. not enough time left over for that task.

I'll just have to be content with my L32 hunter & titans

Ambitious

Usually, I get emblems, ascendant energy, ascendant shards or boots from Dead Orbit packages. Not today.

Today, I got an emblem and ascendant energy and an ascendant shard and boots. Woohoo!

yYTyB7d.jpg
1451.gif

godisreal.gif

still can't believe this happened last night

patchday

I wouldn't mind maxing out my Hawkmoon. I got goals like that left:
- Max out hawkmoon casually just during normal gameplay (not through bounties)
- max out Word Of Crota.
- max out Abyss Defiant / Fang
- collect radiant energies
- Perhaps try to level up Husk of the Pit. maybe make a play for Crux in HM Crota just for fun
- max out the second gjallarhorn drop i got
- eventually delete one of my two titans. make a warlock. But im attached to both my titans. Got a male and female pair!!!

How much XP should I be getting from wins in the Iron Banner?

I have the boost and all 3 faction items.

50XP base per win, 11% per item (33% max) and 10% mote of light buff on top so about 73XP per win. There is a daily buff that goes up every day until it reaches 150% on last day.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
The bonuses are really high over the weekend. It goes quicker than you think.

Very true. I just can't stand my teammates. I played for maybe 1hr and a half and finished 3 bounties and I had to leave for the night. I can't really play until the weekend and it already seems like a chore. Guess I'll be grinding it out on Sat.

Thanks. That's what I figured. Just wanted to confirm before I disappoint myself.

So I have the following left:

1) 1 nightfall
2) 3 Atheon HM
3) 2 Crota HM

That's 6 chances at the Horn. If the Horn comes my way at any point this week, I will shard any non-GHorn exotic of GAFs choosing.

I need 3 Atheom and 2 Crota HM as well. Yesterday everything was working against me from fully completing the reset. Lost my good headset (just bought a new one today) and my controller would die on me randomly (also bought a new one).

-Also I'm debating leveling up TLW, how is that gun compared to Hawkmoon and Thorn?

pringles

I doubt their intentions were that altruistic. Trading is normally the first thing to go in this type of grinder. Because they want us to play an average of 2-3 hours a day and keep us occupied til the next dlc arrives.

If this game had trading like in Diablo we could save each other a lot of grinding. I could just directly give my friend the shards he needs to hit 31. stuff like that
And I don't really have a problem with that. Trading cuts out grinding, but it also actually cuts out a lot of the fun. I got bored of Diablo extremely quickly after the Auction House gave me everything I wanted.
I'd prefer a lot of other things over trading. Xur should be selling more engrams for example.

You need to play with me. I swear this game works on some sort of contagious system or something. I've had three or four get their first w/ me in the last two weeks. And I got a third, friend got a second.

I think you've just created a following for yourself. I sure know who I'm going to invite when I do a nightfall.

LTWood12

I think you've just created a following for yourself. I sure know who I'm going to invite when I do a nightfall.

Ha, well it's always a lot of fun to be there when it happens. I'm sure it's just coincidence, but by the third or fourth one it really started to feel like there was some sort of correlation.

E92 M3

The grimoire card for the Necro is ominous and powerful-sounding. Why can't the weapon be like that?

"The Weapons of Sorrow were believed to be nothing more than a myth. But even the darkest myths are born of some truths, and whispers of the Necrochasm have long filled the Light with dread.

It is said the Necrochasm was born in the twilight after Crota’s sword first cracked the Moon. That a lost Guardian’s weapon was altered by the Hive in an attempt to fuse their own dark understanding with humanity’s mastery of war. The result was a weapon that would feed on its owner’s aggression—reaching further when angry eyes drew focus, its hunger rising as it tore through bone and flesh.

Any Guardian who comes across the weapon must ask some very simple questions with endlessly complicated answers: Is your Light bright enough to stand, even briefly, in full gaze of the Hive's abyss? Can it handle what has died and been reborn in those shadows?"

The grimoire card for the Necro is ominous and powerful-sounding. Why can't the weapon be like that?

"The Weapons of Sorrow were believed to be nothing more than a myth. But even the darkest myths are born of some truths, and whispers of the Necrochasm have long filled the Light with dread.

It is said the Necrochasm was born in the twilight after Crota’s sword first cracked the Moon. That a lost Guardian’s weapon was altered by the Hive in an attempt to fuse their own dark understanding with humanity’s mastery of war. The result was a weapon that would feed on its owner’s aggression—reaching further when angry eyes drew focus, its hunger rising as it tore through bone and flesh.

Any Guardian who comes across the weapon must ask some very simple questions with endlessly complicated answers: Is your Light bright enough to stand, even briefly, in full gaze of the Hive's abyss? Can it handle what has died and been reborn in those shadows?"

They need to buff the gun somehow.

Either a way bigger clip or more impact. It just can't stay the way it is right now. Specially considering the next nerf to ARs in general.

Heh, Shadowmourne is that you?

Best part of last night, someone was saying how good the Hawkmoon sounds and Noomi told them to shut up. Hyunsai equips his, shoots it a few times and says "Is really good sound."

stb

Necrochasm is the cousin to Akujiki so they definitely need to buff it.

The_Akujiki.jpg

Each bullet, or each kill should make it do progressively more damage or something. They could even do the Shinobi gimmick where it starts depleting your life if you don't kill stuff with it.

What lol?

Shadowmourne lore is pretty similar

Shadowmourne... A great two-handed axe fit for a giant, born of sacred and corrupt powers, host of a thousand dead souls and able to be wielded only by the most stalwart armsmasters of Azeroth. Its creation seems nearly impossible; and yet, the rumors do not cease.

Some smiths claim that Shadowmourne must be nothing more than an ordinary axe, honed to unparalleled perfection, while others would shape it from a weapon of immense import in the world. Mograine, when he can be convinced to speak of it at all, is said to believe that only the hammer of Arthas himself will provide a worthy model - but such absurd ambition is just the beginning of Shadowmourne's creation.

To contain the energies that dance across its cold edges, Shadowmourne must be hewn from piles of impure Saronite: the hardened blood of the Old God, Yogg-Saron, treated only by master metal-shapers.
To fuel its power to kill, it is vital that Shadowmourne be drenched in the souls of the most potent servants of the Scourge as they are slain, one by one, with the unfinished blade.
To help break through the Lich King's armor, Shadowmourne is to be adorned with fragments of the Frozen Throne, originally crafted by Kil'Jaeden out of ice from the Twisting Nether.

Only with these mighty components, it's said, can Shadowmourne be finished. And, yet, even if the axe could be completed, questions and fears remain. Is forging the souls of the deceased into a weapon treated withblood and the essence of the Twisting Nether truly any different from the crafting of the Scourge's runeblades?

Who is to say that the Lich King wouldn't simply annihilate - or control - the maker for their impudence in mimicking his most treasured possession? If Arthas, one of the most dedicated knights of his age, lost his humanity to the whispers of Frostmourne, might Shadowmourne bring the same doom and misery tothe living as its sister blade?

Without knowing the answers to these questions, who would be bold enough to try and wield it?

The Necro have pretty similar upgrade system but way to simple, to bad the Husk didnt required to kill the bosses of CE to make the upgrades more fun but only kill Crota HM

I need 3 Atheom and 2 Crota HM as well. Yesterday everything was working against me from fully completing the reset. Lost my good headset (just bought a new one today) and my controller would die on me randomly (also bought a new one).

-Also I'm debating leveling up TLW, how is that gun compared to Hawkmoon and Thorn?

I should be online around 5pm Central today (in about 5 hours). Hit me up if you want to get a group together and take some of that down.

On TLW: Lot of fun in PvP. I still prefer HM and Thorn (Thorn more than HM) because of the range. TLW is a mid to close quarter combat weapon. TLW is useless in PvE in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind maxing out my Hawkmoon. I got goals like that left:
- Max out hawkmoon casually just during normal gameplay (not through bounties)
- max out Word Of Crota.
- max out Abyss Defiant / Fang
- collect radiant energies
- Perhaps try to level up Husk of the Pit. maybe make a play for Crux in HM Crota just for fun
- max out the second gjallarhorn drop i got
- eventually delete one of my two titans. make a warlock. But im attached to both my titans. Got a male and female pair!!!

I don't think you realize how long that would take. I was using a Monte carol recently and applying my bounty XP to another weapon and in 2-3 days of use the first bubble in the Monte carlo had barely even moved. I guess primaries require more xp to level

E92 M3

Each bullet, or each kill should make it do progressively more damage or something. They could even do the Shinobi gimmick where it starts depleting your life if you don't kill stuff with it.

Yeah and make it OP with a health drain that requires killing. Something unique and interesting.

Shadowmourne lore is pretty similar

The Necro have pretty similar upgrade system but way to simple, to bad the Husk didnt required to kill the bosses of CE to make the upgrades more fun but only kill Crota HM

Ah, had no idea lol.

I don't think you realize how long that would take. I was using a Monte carol recently and applying my bounty XP to another weapon and in 2-3 days of use the first bubble in the Monte carlo had barely even moved. I guess primaries require more xp to level

Yeah. It's doable (though I wouldn't recommend it) up to legendaries, but leveling an exotic primary through normal XP gain would take like a month lol.

Top Bottom