• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

E92 M3

I don't know if iI would say that necessarily. The few times you get someone from Bungie to post real comments, you get the feeling they care. I think they just have no clue how to manage it from a high level. They also have much fewer resources working on maintaining the game since most are likely working on the next big thing.

Communication is terrible. Urk even acknowledgex that, but they don't know how to fix it.

On a personal level they care, but as an organization it doesn't seem like it. Doesn't take a million dollars to have Xur sell us heavy ammo. Small changes like that show they care, you know what I mean? Why did Urk admit that?

Carbonox

2 Nightfalls. 18 Strange Coins.

There is nothing more broken in this game reward-wise than the fucking Nightfalls being a colossal waste of time for absolutely fucking nothing. Especially when it's shit like this week's Nightfall.

Even the Weekly gives you more than that.

Utterly infuriating.

I do acknowledge that many players ARE getting good stuff from them but not even being guaranteed at least a Legendary Engram - which is a lottery in itself in terms of what that will turn in to - is hilarious.

I am completely baffled by the design choices in this game. Back to Iron Banner/Raid farming it is then.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Carbine can't make it tonight for our group, so we will need 1 at least for some Hard CE shenanigans tonight at 9EST.

Knowing how much you talk though
hehe
, Dhruv is pretty quiet and calm in game, and Nilla who will spend most of his time reloading - it might be kinda funny to have comments from three orbs watching from the spawn point.

:p

I nominate you and I to fill in two of those spots... I'm open to suggestions for the third.

Lnkn52

Bungie reminder:

Screenshot_2015-02-18-15-30-27.png

Developers dream for an active community that Destiny has (or, I guess you could argue HAD). The fact that Bungie doesn't really listen, nor really care is so frustrating. Other companies I feel like would constantly be updating us, keeping things fresh... LISTENING.... etc.

Yeah I wish Bungie would at least make an effort to be like able

Lnkn52

Everyone at DGAF that are making NLB/Necrochasm videos showing completing Nightfalls and daily etc., it's going to back fire on us. Bungie are not going to buff them since their data is going to show the community using them. :(

Homeboyd

Bungie reminder:

Screenshot_2015-02-18-15-30-27.png
Yes, definitely wade through the bugs in HM CE for the nerfrochasm. It's super awesome and definitely worthy of an exotic slot. Don't worry about that AR nerf inbound... it'll only make it slightly more terrible!!!

#wecare
#welisten
#ironbanneryall

E92 M3

Everyone at DGAF that are making NLB/Necrochasm videos showing completing Nightfalls and daily etc., it's going to back fire on us. Bungie are not going to buff them since their data is going to show the community using them. :(

Yes that's true, Bungie is known for one-dimensional statistical analysis lol.

The people who are doing these things are probably <0.0000001% of the population in this game. They are using big numbers, like they are with weapon type usage.

I am looking to do a HM crota run in about 30-40 minutes(crota only). Sign up below if you want to do it. PSN is greyblade.

1. greyblade
2. greyblade's friend
3. nooblet16
4.blazeuk
5.iiidredayiii

Also, don't know if any of you all are sword carrying capable, but we need someone who is.

Edit: full.

On a personal level they care, but as an organization it doesn't seem like it. Doesn't take a million dollars to have Xur sell us heavy ammo. Small changes like that show they care, you know what I mean? Why did Urk admit that?

Yeah, it's the small things and Xur's heavy ammo situation is a perfect example. We know they have the power to affect Xur. They have demonstrated it. So when it comes down to it, Xur still not selling it means one or more of these things:

• They have some misguided philosophy that Xur must remain untainted by human hands
  • Adding it back in is going to break something which means there are some crazy programming issues over there that need to be addressed
  • They aren't listening to the community and are unaware this would go a long way to settling people down about HA issues
  • It's "as intended" and they want us to have to farm glimmer harder than usual to buy them
  • They don't care that the community is dying for heavy ammo largely due to their own bugs and we'll "deal with it"
All of which are concerning. Then add in other issues like what we have with Iron Banner this week:

• Auto rifle bounties AGAIN after just talking about how we use auto rifles too much.
  • Map rotation still doesn't include the 3 maps that have been added to the Control playlist despite the fact that they were supposed to be included in the last one
And you just start to wonder if this ship is too big to make anything but huge course corrections. It's tiny stuff like this that gets on people's nerves and makes it seem like they're just coasting.

rNilla

Haha, you mean all two of us?

phen0m24

I nominate you and I to fill in two of those spots... I'm open to suggestions for the third.

You know it! We should grab Hawkian to keep us calm. He can offer serious, in-depth comments on how much each weapon
sucks
performs in the raid.

hehehehehehehe Nothing but love for my peeps.

EDIT:
Haha, you mean all two of us?
I was going to say this. Glad you did.

Wait, did I miss something? What did Urk admit?

rNilla

You know it! We should grab Hawkian to keep us calm. He can offer serious, in-depth comments on how much each weapon
sucks
performs in the raid.

We should set it up so that your commentary is audible on the stream but not in our serious party chat that is needed to talk about serious strat business. No peanut gallery. But then you wouldn't hear us
not
talking. :(

phen0m24

We should set it up so that your commentary is audible on the stream but not in our serious party chat that is needed to talk about serious strat business. No peanut gallery. But then you wouldn't hear us
not
talking. :(

Wait wait wait.

We should do a stream of us watching your stream and comment there.

mindblown.gif

"Yo I heard you like streams, so I put a stream inside your stream."

blazeuk

I am looking to do a HM crota run in about 30-40 minutes(crota only). Sign up below if you want to do it. PSN is greyblade.

1. greyblade
2. greyblade's friend
3. nooblet16

I'm in, can't remember whether I did it with my Titan or not so may as well go through it again and check. PSN same as here.

phen0m24

Maybe multitwitch.tv is the winner here.

Since we're both apparently
old
age-advanced, is this like watching a baseball game on TV on mute and listening to the local radio broadcast?

:p

Hey, I most likely can not make my normal CE tonight and told Scarlet he should ask you. You're like way better than me anyway

E92 M3

Yeah, it's the small things and Xur's heavy ammo situation is a perfect example. We know they have the power to affect Xur. They have demonstrated it. So when it comes down to it, Xur still not selling it means one or more of these things:

• They have some misguided philosophy that Xur must remain untainted by human hands
  • Adding it back in is going to break something which means there are some crazy programming issues over there that need to be addressed
  • They aren't listening to the community and are unaware this would go a long way to settling people down about HA issues
  • It's "as intended" and they want us to have to farm glimmer harder than usual to buy them
  • They don't care that the community is dying for heavy ammo largely due to their own bugs and we'll "deal with it"
All of which are concerning. Then add in other issues like what we have with Iron Banner this week:

• Auto rifle bounties AGAIN after just talking about how we use auto rifles too much.
  • Map rotation still doesn't include the 3 maps that have been added to the Control playlist despite the fact that they were supposed to be included in the last one
And you just start to wonder if this ship is too big to make anything but huge course corrections. It's tiny stuff like this that gets on people's nerves and makes it seem like they're just coasting.

Very good theories and unfortunately we will never know. I think Bungie are overwhelmed with managing the game properly.

Wait, did I miss something? What did Urk admit?

Supposedly he admitted they have a communication problem.

Sulik2

You know, I want new bounties in IB as well. Why keep rewarding people with Suros and Mythoclast with that AR bounty. How about one for each main weapon type each day of IB?

Top Bottom