• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

The Ocho

Neo Member
Since it looks like the other group is full, anyone up for Atheon HM? Ideally 2x?

I've got the gorgon checkpoint but I'm down to start from a later one.
PSN: xGrief

1. grief

I would be interested in doing it twice. I'm available in about a half hour.

PSN: thaOcho

border

I see no reason why Bungie can't add 2 new bounties every month to the Bounty pool. It's simple, most Bounties can be slightly modified versions of existing bounties. This kind of thing would add up over time, after 6 months we'd have a good variety that would only keep growing.

It's pretty astounding that they have the gall to keep launching Iron Banner over and over, with the same set of bounties for every single day of the event.

Lnkn52

This is my 18th Husk of the Pit. Goddammit.

B-KBsj-CIAA89Va.jpg:orig

I think at 18th, its not considered "Lost" but "Abandoned" item.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My Hunter finally hit 32 a couple days ago. I've yet to run a full HM CE so I'm not sure I should offer to help or not lol.
You are certainly welcome if you wanna come. It's not a hardcore atmosphere or anything anyway. We'll probably have the Hunters swap soloing the first section so we can get 3 clears of the Abyss to start out.

Dave_6

You are certainly welcome if you wanna come. It's not a hardcore atmosphere or anything anyway. We'll probably have the Hunters swap soloing the first section so we can get 3 clears of the Abyss to start out.

Ok, put me down tentatively but if this headache I have gets any worse between now and then I may have to bow out.

Give me 30 mins and I'll be down for either.

Sounds good though I might only have 1 hour to knock it out after that. We can try to get a team together now.

HM Crota Kill (willing to do it twice)

1. Darryl_M_R
2. Namer

WAIT since grief wants to knock out Atheon would you just rather do Atheon? Grief if so feel free to add both of us to your list for being able to do that in 30 minutes or so

Sounds good though I might only have 1 hour to knock it out after that. We can try to get a team together now.

1. Darryl_M_R
2. Namer

WAIT since grief wants to knock out Atheon would you just rather do Atheon? Grief if so feel free to add both of us to your list for being able to do that in 30 minutes or so

I don't care. As long as I have a shot at an exotic, I'm up for it.

Either Atheon (3), Crota (2) or NF (1)

6 more shots at the horn this week.

grief

1. Darryl_M_R
2. Namer

Gotcha.

1. grief
2. thaOcho
3. Darryl_M_R
4. Narmer

Homeboyd

I think that's letting them off the hook too easy. The weak HoW DLC should have bought us some quality of life "free" updates. The bundled version was what, $15? If they only sold a million, and only took home 2/3rds, that's $10 million bucks. Does anyone feel that was a ten million dollar DLC?
Who is letting them off the hook? I absolutely agree this game needs some serious attention or "quality of life" updates... then again, we play more than probably 95% of the population. I think most people give them TOO much credit by saying they're actively screwing people with these nightfall modifier selections, xur items, daily selections, etc... I think that shit is on cruise control and they only step in when they, not we, feel it's necessary.

To me it is an organizational issue that Bungie simply isn't willing to allocate the resources needed to keep up with the demands of the player base on a week to week basis. I'm saying I think their sustain team for the game is much, much smaller than people think and the things they work on day-to-day probably aren't things we'd ever notice ("working as intended" etc etc). When the quality of life stuff gets added to the balance (bounty updates, new PvE events, etc) either existing deadlines/goals get pushed back for this team or more resources have to be allocated to get these things done.

As others have mentioned, their focus is likely on the new content (be it HoW, Comet, "Destiny 2," whatever...). We can all say "well you made this amount of money off of us, you should be putting out new events and bounties weekly/monthly!" but that's not at all how it works. A monthly sub fee is probably the only thing that would bring in the content updates most of us expect on a consistent basis.

1. Darryl_M_R
2. Namer

KeanBurke and MallyMall

KeanBurke and MallyMall

Looks like we are trying to knock out Atheon multiple times first so I'm not sure if you are trying to do that also. I got your message about HM Crota and I know Namer still wants to do that (I'm not sure I'm going to be on for enough to knock out Atheon and HM Crota) but there seems like there are at least 3 people down for it right now.

-

Also Namer I'm pretty sure you were in my Crota HM attempt yesterday sorry that we didn't take him down. Juggling studying and having tech issues yesterday really screwed me over.

Spent 50 motes of light rerolling my Timur's Lash and Efrideet's Spear from last Iron Banner. Worth it.

Timur's Lash with Outlaw, Field Scout, Crowd Control
http://imgur.com/B94KrDm

Efrideet's Spear with Void, Spray and Play, Armor Piercing, Final Round
http://imgur.com/tStX8IQ

Nice! My efrideet spear from the last one is void too with unflinching, firefly, and lightweight/armor piercing (selected)/custom optics(?). Only way I would like it more would be if it had field scout, but I'm pretty happy with it.

allday247

Banned
Looks like we are trying to knock out Atheon multiple times first so I'm not sure if you are trying to do that also. I got your message about HM Crota and I know Namer still wants to do that (I'm not sure I'm going to be on for enough to knock out Atheon and HM Crota) but there seems like there are at least 3 people down for it right now.

-

Also Namer I'm pretty sure you were in my Crota HM attempt yesterday sorry that we didn't take him down. Juggling studying and having tech issues yesterday really screwed me over.

After atheon I'm down for HM crota. I got checkpoint too

I mean, looking at the typical development cycle, Destiny 2 has to already be going through initial concept phases, but at the same time they have teams working on the next expansion and probably the Comet expansion at the same time. Not to mention two other expansions coming out.

There is just no way they have the right amount of staff for that. And since they aren't getting MMO subscription money, we're going to feel it somewhere.

They're not getting subscription money and they're not delivering a lot of content really. The game has been thin from day one. I don't think what you are saying really excuses them. The game with the expansions if you bought the pass was $95 if I'm not mistaken. That's $95 for basically a full game imo. I honestly expect more from them.

Ha, no worries. We were all being pretty sloppy. I find that happens a lot on reset days because people are playing so much that by the end of the day they just want it done.

I also remember DeeJ hyping the new Quest system as a way to expand gameplay. Where are the new quests? There were a few that launched with TDB to unlock certain content, but thats it.

No new quests, no new bounties. These things should be fairly minimal in terms of development resources.

There were 3 quests included with TDB, the problem is they aren't repeatable. 1 of those quests was turned into a side-mission.

The bounty thing is really what kills me, though. I mean, within 30 minutes I threw this together. None of these are that extravagant, and I can't imagine it being that hard to implement things like these:

Kill Quantities:
Kill 100 Fallen
Kill 100 Hive
Kill 100 Vex
Kill 100 Cabal

Kill 10 Fallen Majors
Kill 10 Hive Majors
Kill 10 Vex Majors
Kill 10 Cabal Majors

Kill 2 Fallen Ultras
Kill 2 Hive Ultras
Kill 2 Vex Ultras
Kill 2 Cabal Ultras

Weapon Based Kills:
Get 100 AR kills
Get 100 PR kills
Get 100 SR kills
Get 100 HC kills

Get 50 SG kills
Get 50 FR kills
Get 50 Sniper kills

Get 25 Rocket kills
Get 25 HMG kills

Get 25 Grenade kills
Get 25 Melee kills

Kill 3 enemies with one AR clip 10 times
Land 3 precision shots with one pulse from a PR 10 times
Get 10 kills with a SR at a distance over 70 meters
Kill 10 enemies with the last bullet in the chamber of a HC

Kill 4 targets within 3 seconds with a SG 10 times
Kill 2 targets with one charge of a FR 10 times
Kill 2 targets with one bullet of a Sniper 10 times
Destroy an enemy with the impact of a rocket 10 times (not the explosion)
Unload a full clip of a HMG into a single target

Elements:
Get 50 Void Kills
Get 50 Arc Kills
Get 50 Sol Kills

Destroy 25 Void Shields
Destroy 25 Arc Shields
Destroy 25 Sol Shields

Missions:
Complete any 2 story missions on Earth
Complete any 2 story missions on the Moon
Complete any 2 story mission on Venus
Complete any 2 story mission on Mars

Complete a Story mission in less than 7 minutes
Complete a Story mission without getting a kill using a grenade
Complete a Story mission without getting a kill using a melee
Complete a Story mission without getting a kill using a primary weapon
Complete a Story mission without getting a kill using a super

Strikes:
Kill Sepiks Prime
Kill Phogoth
Kill Sekrion
Kill Valus Ta’urac
Kill the Archon Priest
Kill Omnigul

Complete a strike with 80 combined kills/assists
Complete a strike without dying
Complete a strike within 11 minutes
Complete a strike without getting a kill using a grenade
Complete a strike without getting a kill using a melee
Complete a strike without getting a kill using a primary weapon
Complete a strike without getting a kill using a super

Complete 3 strikes in the Vanguard playlists

Patrols:
Relic Harvest – Earth
Relic Harvest – The Moon
Relic Harvest – Venus
Relic Harvest – Mars

Complete 3 Public Events with a Gold Rating
Complete 2 Public Events on Earth
Complete 2 Public Events on the Moon
Complete 2 Public Events on Venus
Complete 2 Public Events on Mars

Complete 3 VIP target beacons
Complete 3 Body Count beacons
Complete 3 resources beacons
Complete 3 scouting beacons
Complete 3 survey beacons

Kill 10 enemies with a Sparrow while on patrol
Kill 15 enemies with a Sword while on patrol
Kill 30 enemies without jettison on an Interceptor
Kill 30 enemies without jettison on a Pike

Edit: Currently we have 39 PvE bounties, 17 of which are "Target: X", which are really just "Go play X mission 50-100% of the way through"

My list has 79 bounties.

Who is letting them off the hook? I absolutely agree this game needs some serious attention or "quality of life" updates... then again, we play more than probably 95% of the population. I think most people give them TOO much credit by saying they're actively screwing people with these nightfall modifier selections, xur items, daily selections, etc... I think that shit is on cruise control and they only step in when they, not we, feel it's necessary.

To me it is an organizational issue that Bungie simply isn't willing to allocate the resources needed to keep up with the demands of the player base on a week to week basis. I'm saying I think their sustain team for the game is much, much smaller than people think and the things they work on day-to-day probably aren't things we'd ever notice ("working as intended" etc etc). When the quality of life stuff gets added to the balance (bounty updates, new PvE events, etc) either existing deadlines/goals get pushed back for this team or more resources have to be allocated to get these things done.

As others have mentioned, their focus is likely on the new content (be it HoW, Comet, "Destiny 2," whatever...). We can all say "well you made this amount of money off of us, you should be putting out new events and bounties weekly/monthly!" but that's not at all how it works. A monthly sub fee is probably the only thing that would bring in the content updates most of us expect on a consistent basis.

Unless I'm miss reading this, it feels like you are saying that we shouldn't expect anything more from them without paying a sub. That, is letting them off the hook. I don't want to beat a dead horse, I just disagree.

I don't buy a lot of DLC, but one that I bought recently was Don't Starve: Reign of Giants for $4.99. Between real content, and modifiers, it basically doubled the game for one third the cost of the vanilla game. I don't see why, with the same percentages, Bungie couldn't have made the game "feel" much bigger without dedicating too many resources.

Homeboyd

Unless I'm miss reading this, it feels like you are saying that we shouldn't expect anything more from them without paying a sub. That, is letting them off the hook. I don't want to beat a dead horse, I just disagree.

I don't buy a lot of DLC, but one that I bought recently was Don't Starve: Reign of Giants for $4.99. Between real content, and modifiers, it basically doubled the game for one third the cost of the vanilla game. I don't see why, with the same percentages, Bungie couldn't have made the game "feel" much bigger without dedicating too many resources.
Yeah you're misreading. I agree, I personally think we should be getting more than we're getting. I'm simply telling you why I think we're not.

Top Bottom