• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

You know, I want new bounties in IB as well. Why keep rewarding people with Suros and Mythoclast with that AR bounty. How about one for each main weapon type each day of IB?

Supposedly it's to keep people from holding on to bounties and cashing them in later in the week when the XP buff is stronger. But they could just as easily change the bounty to "Get XX headshots" which is one that already exists as a Crucible bounty and leave your choice of weapon up to you.

LTWood12

So as a long-time 3 characters of the same class Titan, I figure it's time I delete one and actually level on of the other two classes. I'm torn though. I've actually got some 33 Hunter Gear plus a Mask of the Third Man, but it seems like there's an abundance of Hunters out there. Hunter or Warlock Gaf?

So as a long-time 3 characters of the same class Titan, I figure it's time I delete one and actually level on of the other two classes. I'm torn though. I've actually got some 33 Hunter Gear plus a Mask of the Third Man, but it seems like there's an abundance of Hunters out there. Hunter or Warlock Gaf?

Hunter obviously. The game doesn't need anymore cheeselocks.

Is it really possible to get Timur's Lash with Outlaw? I just burned through 40+ motes of light and didn't see it once :(. I ended up with Mulligan and Hipfire, basically garbage.

Namikaze1

That totally works in either the Flintstones or Buck Rogers.

Look at these whippersnappers. Wait til they finally have to go to work and have gaming offspring... :p
Work? What's that?

Hey, pops! Tell ma to send some Doritos down to the basement! I'm busy leveling up my second Abyss Defiant to go upstairs! Thanks!

Very good theories and unfortunately we will never know. I think Bungie are overwhelmed with managing the game properly.

Supposedly he admitted they have a communication problem.

Honestly, if I had to guess, they have more people on their future content teams than their present content teams.

I fully expect a lot of the changes we are wanting will show up in expansions/comets/sequels.

Dave_6

Carbine can't make it tonight for our group, so we will need 1 at least for some Hard CE shenanigans tonight at 9EST.

My Hunter finally hit 32 a couple days ago. I've yet to run a full HM CE so I'm not sure I should offer to help or not lol.

grief

Since it looks like the other group is full, anyone up for Atheon HM? Ideally 2x?

I've got the gorgon checkpoint but I'm down to start from a later one.
PSN: xGrief

1. grief

Jinjo

Is it really possible to get Timur's Lash with Outlaw? I just burned through 40+ motes of light and didn't see it once :(. I ended up with Mulligan and Hipfire, basically garbage.

I have two. One with Outlaw, FS & CC, the other I rerolled this week to Outlaw, Flared Magwell, LITC.

Yeah I would hope so. I don't think it would be even remotely close to the same number.

I mean, looking at the typical development cycle, Destiny 2 has to already be going through initial concept phases, but at the same time they have teams working on the next expansion and probably the Comet expansion at the same time. Not to mention two other expansions coming out.

There is just no way they have the right amount of staff for that. And since they aren't getting MMO subscription money, we're going to feel it somewhere.

Namikaze1

This is my 18th Husk of the Pit. Goddammit.

B-KBsj-CIAA89Va.jpg:orig

Homeboyd

I mean, looking at the typical development cycle, Destiny 2 has to already be going through initial concept phases, but at the same time they have teams working on the next expansion and probably the Comet expansion at the same time. Not to mention two other expansions coming out.

There is just no way they have the right amount of staff for that. And since they aren't getting MMO subscription money, we're going to feel it somewhere.
Yep. I would imagine the "sustain" team is a LOT smaller than most people are imagining for that very reason you mentioned. No subs. On the one hand, the game clearly suffers as a result, but on the other, who (outside of hardcore communities like gaf, destiny subreddit) is willing to pay for a monthly sub to see it improve?

Likely a checklist of items/goals the sustain team works on and the other stuff (that we think is so important) isn't a priority or is a "do it on your own time" kind of thing.

Yep. I would imagine the "sustain" team is a LOT smaller than most people are imagining for that very reason you mentioned. No subs. On the one hand, the game clearly suffers as a result, but on the other, who (outside of hardcore communities like gaf, destiny subreddit) is willing to pay for a monthly sub to see it improve?

Likely a checklist of items/goals the sustain team works on and the other stuff (that we think is so important) isn't a priority or is a "do it on your own time" kind of thing.

The thing to do is to find small simple things that don't require much effort to implement.

I see no reason why Bungie can't add 2 new bounties every month to the Bounty pool. It's simple, most Bounties can be slightly modified versions of existing bounties. This kind of thing would add up over time, after 6 months we'd have a good variety that would only keep growing.

I think that's letting them off the hook too easy. The weak HoW DLC should have bought us some quality of life "free" updates. The bundled version was what, $15? If they only sold a million, and only took home 2/3rds, that's $10 million bucks. Does anyone feel that was a ten million dollar DLC?

The thing to do is to find small simple things that don't require much effort to implement.

I see no reason why Bungie can't add 2 new bounties every month to the Bounty pool. It's simple, most Bounties can be slightly modified versions of existing bounties. This kind of thing would add up over time, after 6 months we'd have a good variety that would only keep growing.

I also remember DeeJ hyping the new Quest system as a way to expand gameplay. Where are the new quests? There were a few that launched with TDB to unlock certain content, but thats it.

No new quests, no new bounties. These things should be fairly minimal in terms of development resources.

Top Bottom