• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

rNilla

I asked YouTube to put these two videos together and it is taking ages. I don't get it. Individually they took no time at all. Maybe I'll just post it in two parts.

Namikaze1

I asked YouTube to put these two videos together and it is taking ages. I don't get it. Individually they took no time at all. Maybe I'll just post it in two parts.
I'm posting mine in two parts. First vid is roughly 11 minutes while the second is just over 8 minutes.

So is a Timur Lash with outlaw/field scout/crowd control the best roll if I would use it primarily as a hawkmoon alternative in pvp?

The one I rolled last time has luck in the chamber and perfect balance, note die I'd that is any good.

Imo the best "baby HMoon" PvP roll for Timurs is:

-Rangefinder
-Send It
-Luck in the Chamber

You don't want Field Scout with LitC since it greatly lowers the odds of the perk proc'ing. Still only a ~14% chance compared to ~23% for HMoon which has three possible perks on a 13 mag, and obviously they can stack on the same bullet which is unique. Two perks to increase range better approximate the HC-sniper talent of HMoon. Obviously you won't be able to engage multiple enemies in quick succession with the small mag and slow reload but I think that trade-off is worth it if you want to mimic HMoon.

Like I mentioned for the IB scout rifle, I don't think stability is critical when the RoF is so low. Outlaw and Field Scout are PvE-first perks to me.

Mindlog

You still want roll? We need one more for two kills.
Missed it twice now.

Sorry, I'm off for the night. Was messing around with Crota.
NYtDOIB.jpg
Sliver of health? Gjallarhorn in your throat.

The Weekly Heroic is a real piece of shit single player. Others have been tough, but this one is a piece of shit. Normal Crota's End is a better balanced solo* encounter.

haha dude, we were looking for a 6th to fill in a spot on our IB team earlier and I saw you solo'ing the Weekly and I died inside a little bit.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks for the help guys.

Bungie will release a Horn with all elements that shoots 3 rockets at the same time and has 10 reserve ammo witih regenerating ammo for 1000 coins so better start saving up.

My daughter is looking for some raiding action today. NatCat_49, she can get on if there's still room.

On the off chance she wants to raid VoG Hard tomorrow, I have a couple of guys that run it with me, and we always need 2 or 3 people. Your daughter is welcome to join us for 1, 2, or 3 runs. That goes for anyone else reading this, too.

Just had a pretty bumpy NM CE on my 31 titan. Ir Yut gave us some trouble and Crota took around 45 minutes. I was letting a 32 try sword for the first time and he kept dying at the worst times. Of course I was the impromptu raid leader again which I am not that good at.

Anyways we are in a familiar position, Crota's enrage is near and we are doing nothing to kill the swordbearer because our swordbearer had died. Tired of dying so close to finishing (Crota had a smidgen of health a couple of times already) I decided to take one last stab at him. So with enrage coming I told the raid to kill the swordbearer and knock out Crota as he was rotating right. It felt like I was doing Crota on hard at the end, lol. Hopefully the team learned a few tips along the way so there next venture will go more smoothly.

At The Buzzer Crota Kill

Edit: Never mind got it to youtube.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
looks like Palom can't make it tonight but Carbine can. I see wins on, but missing Jay and Squall. Will give them until Carbine shows up but I will likely need a couple for HM CE shenanigans.

Hard. Waiting on the abyss right now, I have it finished just waiting for others to join.

Sent a FR, PSN ArkkAngel007. Would have responded sooner but computer locked up.
looks like Palom can't make it tonight but Carbine can. I see wins on, but missing Jay and Squall. Will give them until Carbine shows up but I will likely need a couple for HM CE shenanigans.

I don't know if Koda's run is filled up already, so let me know what's going on as I'd be glad to join if I'm not engaged already.

Imo the best "baby HMoon" PvP roll for Timurs is:

-Rangefinder
-Send It
-Luck in the Chamber

You don't want Field Scout with LitC since it greatly lowers the odds of the perk proc'ing. Still only a ~14% chance compared to ~23% for HMoon which has three possible perks on a 13 mag, and obviously they can stack on the same bullet which is unique. Two perks to increase range better approximate the HC-sniper talent of HMoon. Obviously you won't be able to engage multiple enemies in quick succession with the small mag and slow reload but I think that trade-off is worth it if you want to mimic HMoon.

Like I mentioned for the IB scout rifle, I don't think stability is critical when the RoF is so low. Outlaw and Field Scout are PvE-first perks to me.

Well, the center tree on my lash also had send it, maybe I should keep it as is. My motes are burning a hole in my pocket, and I have an itch to roll for perfection.

Is the auto rifle Silmars Wrath worth rolling? I'd imagine crowd control and stability upgrades would be fun.

coy

How many times do y'all plan on killing Crota? I'm looking for 3x so I can get it out of the way and just focus on IB. If it's only once that's fine as well but wanted to see ahead of time. I'm on your FL as coyquettish.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know if Koda's run is filled up already, so let me know what's going on as I'd be glad to join if I'm not engaged already.
Cool, will do.

For the moment I'm just sitting at the first chest on Normal if anybody needs the mats.
How many times do y'all plan on killing Crota? I'm looking for 3x so I can get it out of the way and just focus on IB. If it's only once that's fine as well but wanted to see ahead of time. I'm on your FL as coyquettish.
Probably no more than once...

nOoblet16

i take the lazy way out and spam R2. If you hit crota with

first swordphase: 1st shield break 4xR2-->2nd shield break 3xR2
Second swordphase: 1st shield break 3xR2-->2nd shield break 3xR2
Third swordphase: 1st shield break 3xR2--> enrage shield break: spam the fuck out of R2--->dead
Edit: protip wait till crota is acutally down on his knees for the enrage shield break :p

Wait, what's this enrage shield break ? Is that any different from usual shield ?

phen0m24

Hmm... well I guess I'll switch characters for the rest of the week. Probably roll Warlock next.

B-KvU7FIMAAD9DV.jpg:large

Wait, you're in my crazy raid group!

Drizz I need to get max Crucible whatevers in a week. If you play Crucible and can carry my scrub hide please let me know. I'll do what I did for Fig Dhruv and Illiniguy, point out the bad guys and get shot by them. Kind of like a more personal radar.

nOoblet16

Nope it's the same. Right before crota dies, he will automatically go into enrage. Ingore the over soul and wait for the shield break before you smack him to death.

yea I know that's what we did. He ended up getting up with a sliver of health once and the other time he glitched and didn't go down and just stood there like a fool.

Just got a Radegast's Fury IB Rocket Launcher to drop!! Terrible perks but worth a re-roll. So it looks like the RL and sniper will likely be the two weapons that can drop this time.

B-IJms9IgAAVvnU.jpg:large

...and hate mail! From the same match! GG! The final score was 20k - 7k, so I find his claims of owning us rather dubious.

B-IMkKkIcAAq3T_.jpg:large

haha it's fun when you have a decent team. Control is a terribly designed PvP mode that completely snowballs against one team based on a few factors like supers and heavy, but mainly map control especially on severely unbalanced maps (that round was Blind Watch).

Just wanted to say I'm glad I put up a decent showing in this match, the Iron Banner train was fun this morning.

Wait, you're in my crazy raid group!

Drizz I need to get max Crucible whatevers in a week. If you play Crucible and can carry my scrub hide please let me know. I'll do what I did for Fig Dhruv and Illiniguy, point out the bad guys and get shot by them. Kind of like a more personal radar.

Ha! Maybe you should have your kids grind it out.

EL CUCO

Just carried a random level 28 tower straggler that had all blue weapons through the Nightfall. I feel like I did my Destiny good deed of the week.

He got an Unwilling Soul bullet hose AR and his reaction was: "Ah yeah! Awesome!" it was almost heart warming.

Just carried a random level 28 tower straggler that had all blue weapons through the Nightfall. I feel like I did my Destiny good deed of the week.

He got an Unwilling Soul bullet hose AR and his reaction was: "Ah yeah! Awesome!" it was almost heart warming.

You can carry my 27 Titan next. I expect my 2nd Gjallarhorn and no less.

ich00

This must be hand cannon week, got my first hawkmoon yesterday and first fatebringer tonight after playing since launch!

Top Bottom