• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Hung Wei Lo

Hello my friends.

Brasilian's Carnaval is over so I'm up for:

2x NF
2x Weekly
3x Crota Normal kill

PSN: ethomaz

:)

I'll do the two nighfalls with you and try for the 3rd later. I'm also not going to rush with the weeklies, since I have 150ish coins taking up space in my vault. Time permitting, we can try for the normal CE. PSN is Kinezo - I'm already on your FL

I'll do the two nighfalls with you and try for the 3rd later. I'm also not going to rush with the weeklies, since I have 150ish coins taking up space in my vault. Time permitting, we can try for the normal CE. PSN is Kinezo - I'm already on your FL

I'd like to join in on at least one nightfalls if you guys are going still

psn: blacksalad_

yea I know that's what we did. He ended up getting up with a sliver of health once and the other time he glitched and didn't go down and just stood there like a fool.

If he didn't go down, that's because somebody died during Enrage (probably due to thrall hitting them through the window from inside the crystal room). That causes him to enter his "summon Oversoul" animation instead of kneeling, but it doesn't actually matter. As long as his shield is gone you will do damage with the sword whether or not he's kneeling. Here's a little summary, but the easiest way to learn would be to just run it sometime with me in the group. Really simple once you get the method down, but there are a lot of small details I guess. Basic overview:

Scrota Math:

Total HP: ~262,000
Enrage: ~214,000 - 215,000 (not sure exact #)

R1 slash: 7,201
R2 slam: 15,301
R1-R1-R2 combo: 27,003 (R2 is uppercut for 12,601)
Super: 18,001

Damage possible per shield break:

R2x3 = 45,903
Combo x2 = 54,903
Combo+R2x2 = 57,605
R2 x4 = 61,204
Combo x2 + R2 = 69,307

If your team generates orbs enough to have your super ready, you can animation cancel into the super to add another 18k to any of those but obviously the timing is really tight on those latter combos. You can also do bigger combo's than these technically but that's definitely unnecessary.

I've never liked the "3x R2 per combo" approach because if you miss just one then 17 R2s leaves him with ~2k HP. Better to add at least an R1 in there somewhere just in case. I like the Combo+R2x2 because it's faster than R2x4 and more damage.

Just got home. Hope my crazy raid group is crushing Crota about now.

Everything ok here? Nami still making fun of us elder gamers? :p

Scarlet crushed it as the Lv32 sword runner, knocked him out with only 1 wipe. He may or may not have been slightly (or extremely) inebriated. The rest of us got to laugh our asses off and watch him get smashed by Scrota at the end of basically every sword, it was glorious. We missed you and Ahh-nold greatly though, of course.

And yes, we could definitely do some Crucible this week. All the good players will be in Iron Banner so normal Crucible would actually be an easier learning curve but it'll be easier to find full Gaf teams for IB. Doesn't matter if you get kills as long as you can hang back on capped points, give call outs and stay alive as much as possible to not feed the other team points. Just make the most of "easy kill" opportunities like rocket launchers and supers, for example.

In Control, map control is all that really matters, not kills. Especially on the really unbalanced maps Firebase and Shores. If you have proper point control, the kills will come easily because the enemy has to assault a very limited number of ingress positions that you can camp.

That sucks considering I bought them both last time. Is that confirmed? Or just seen so far?

All of the IB weapons should just be possible drops each time.

Yes, it's confirmed. From hitting rank 5 yesterday and today, I landed 2 of the rocket launchers and 3-4 ugly DLC ships. First RL dropped for me at rank ~3.5 and 2nd at rank ~4.25, drop rate definitely increases past rank 3. Terrible perks on both but I'll wait for the end of the week before re-rolling to see if I get luckier for any other drops.

Only other IB weapon I've seen drop was a Timurs for Rubenov, pretty sure he was rank ~4 at the time. Have also seen 6+ exotics drop total.

spyder_ur

Yes, it's confirmed. From hitting rank 5 yesterday and today, I landed 2 of the rocket launchers and 3-4 ugly DLC ships. First RL dropped for me at rank ~3.5 and 2nd at rank ~4.25, drop rate definitely increases past rank 3. Terrible perks on both but I'll wait for the end of the week before re-rolling to see if I get luckier for any other drops.

Only other IB weapon I've seen drop was a Timurs for Rubenov, pretty sure he was rank ~4 at the time. Have also seen 6+ exotics drop total.

Ah OK, thanks Drizzay. You running any IB? Hoping to hop on a group with you at some point, was fun last time. Already at level 2.5 or so right now.

Feeling squishier than I usually am in Crota Hard. Not sure what is different with my set up for that.

Did get Oversoul Edict, so the only thing on Hard left is the sparrow.

Is the auto rifle Silmars Wrath worth rolling? I'd imagine crowd control and stability upgrades would be fun.

It's a low impact AR which means it's complete garbage and going to get worse, at least relative to other primary weapon options. Suros, Vanquisher VIII, or even 300 atk Shadow Price are better, really need that impact. I won't be dropping many Motes to roll IB weapons. I'll buy two shotties, keep vendor perks on one, then roll the other 5-10 times max hoping for an ideal load out (Final Round, Hammer Forged and Shot Package).

And you were playing really well today, everybody was. Usually just the unbalanced maps can cause problems, especially if you get the bad starting point vs. a good team. We've had a few Firebase matches become total beatdowns against us because we couldn't flip spawn points quickly, then that snowball starts rolling downhill fast: killed by HMoon 1-2x turns into death by Golden Gun-->GG-->Rockets-->Machine Gun-->GG--->GG-->Rockets.... uuggghhh.

Control is one of the worst designed PvP modes I've ever played.

Ah OK, thanks Drizzay. You running any IB? Hoping to hop on a group with you at some point, was fun last time. Already at level 2.5 or so right now.

Np dude, definitely fun times previously (as long as people can tolerate my occasional Destiny-induced-Tourettes, haha). If I get back on tonight, probably won't be for a while when all reasonable people have already gone to bed :p

But I'll be playing plenty of IB this week, having a lot of fun with it. Might stick with my Hunter for now just to have rank 5 drop rates for IB weapons, then switch to alts later in the week when the buff is huge.

Well I went for reload, reload, stability on my lash, you think I can get significantly better?

As long as you have field scout, the others should be about preference. I like crowd control because I hit a lot of crits. Lash has a slow rate of fire so bullets need to count. Other weakness is reload so I agree some outlaw-type perk is a good call.

Rubenov

Felwinter's Lie is a total beast. LOVE it.

@FD_Reborn: That teabag after killing you was my way of saying "hi", since I immediately recognized you :) Your team dominated the match, good job.

Top Bottom