• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Dunk#7

Let's do it this way.

CROTA'S END - full raid (Normal Mode)

Forming Now

1. Dunk7

Still need some secondary/heavy raid weapons that don't drop in Hard

Felwinter's Lie is a total beast. LOVE it.

@FD_Reborn: That teabag after killing you was my way of saying "hi", since I immediately recognized you :) Your team dominated the match, good job.

I knew you guys were GAFFER's haha. GG's..I wasn't doing much. I decided to go in Iron Banner as a Titan..I shoulda went with Warlock instead.

GhaleonEB

You should do it the other way around to get the Reputation bonus on the Weekly.

Good idea, though in this case it's different characters. I ran the weekly on my alt this morning, who was 29 at the time; that helped her hit 30. Now I'm running weekly on my main and the Nightfall on the alt now that I'm 30.

Ozone

My haul from the HM Crota we just did:

Oversoul Edict
Abyss Defiant
Fang of Ir Yut
Plan C
Bane of Dark Gods

Not bad at all. Thanks Hawkian for the invite!

Need 1 for normal Crota with sword experience.

Sorry I left but I had fucking had it. Getting killed because boomer guy couldn't take care of boomers over and over for 45 minutes. I don't normally like to leave a group, especially at the boss but I just am not in a good mood.

Arrrammis

As great as IB is, I just keep getting frustrated when comparing it to what was advertised. Level advantages should be exactly like they are in PvE. Nothing more than 3 levels below a player should be able to damage them, much less one-shot them with a sniper/fusion rifle/ shotgun. Currently, my lvl. 31 and even my lvl. 32 characters are still being one-shotted by 26's and 27's wielding snipers and shotguns.

It wouldn't be friendly to the lower level destiny player or those that haven't put in the time to reach 31/32, but that's the whole point of the Iron Banner: high level ranked PvP gameplay.

Dunk#7

Posting for new page

Forming Now

1. Dunk7

EDIT: Experienced swordbearer, and can solo is through the abyss to start

Posting for new page

Forming Now

1. Dunk7

EDIT: Experienced swordbearer, and can solo is through the abyss to start

I'll join with my hunter. psn is angry_eric

Magik

Sorry I left but I had fucking had it. Getting killed because boomer guy couldn't take care of boomers over and over for 45 minutes. I don't normally like to leave a group, especially at the boss but I just am not in a good mood.

Not a problem at all. Thanks for all the help.

A big thanks to Coy and everyone else that stayed along. It took a while but we got it done.

coy

I hate forgetting to put my +36 light boots on when trying to prevent heavy ammo loss. Thankfully, I didn't die as a 31 on the kill. Being on bubble duty certainly helped. Also, I had a sloppy sword run, but NM allows that sort of slop to be recoverable. I still need to calm the nerves and be more relaxed in the role.

2 more HM Crota + 3 HM Atheon then focus fully on IB. I want the Titan class item and rank 5 rep for next time.

A big thanks to Coy and everyone else that stayed along. It took a while but we got it done.

No problem! Glad we can still enjoy ourselves in spite of the messiness.

That was my worst raid pay out ever. All I got were radiant shards and energy that whole raid... I deserved it though, was making stupid mistakes.

Nat issues and lag were annoying. I didn't see what everyone else got as rewards but hopefully better then what I got.

What a strange ending to the night. Could only communicate with one other person, and after all the attempts made, I only get 2 shards after Crota's death. Still fun though, glad we finally got it done.

Sullichin

Now that I have the vampire batman Warlock raid helmet, it can be my first character to hit 32 if I grind IB and get the boots. But, the helmet doesn't have infusion :( I was using Apothesis Veil and I don't really want to give that up...

EDIT: Memories of Hawkian switching his helmet and then back after picking up an orb. I'll just do that, I really just like having it for health recovery in the crystal room.

xCobalt

As great as IB is, I just keep getting frustrated when comparing it to what was advertised. Level advantages should be exactly like they are in PvE. Nothing more than 3 levels below a player should be able to damage them, much less one-shot them with a sniper/fusion rifle/ shotgun. Currently, my lvl. 31 and even my lvl. 32 characters are still being one-shotted by 26's and 27's wielding snipers and shotguns.

It wouldn't be friendly to the lower level destiny player or those that haven't put in the time to reach 31/32, but that's the whole point of the Iron Banner: high level ranked PvP gameplay.

It really shouldn't. That type of level advantage heavily favours equipment over actual skill. It'll just boil down to teams of level 32s steamrolling everyone who is sub-32 and would make people quit the game as soon as they see their subpar team. So many people left in the first iteration of Iron Banner simply because they didn't get rep for losing. Imagine how many people would leave because someone wasn't level 32.

I think the main problem with Iron Banner (and to a certain extent, Destiny) is that there isn't enough diversity between character classes or stats. A level 32 character, regardless of class, will have identical defense ratings. I think it would make more sense if, for example, Titans had higher defense while Warlocks had lower defense. You would then need to give warlocks an appropriate buff given that they're more fragile. I think Bungie tried to do this through the Toughness stat but it doesn't really have an impact. From what I remember, the difference between the minimum toughness vs max toughness is about 20hp which is like 1 auto rifle bullet.

In regards to stats (STR/INT/DIS), they just don't have enough impact in pvp. All it does is lower your cooldowns. What if it could give you a stronger melee attack? Maybe your grenades have a longer duration or bigger aoe? If those types of mechanics were implemented, the level advantages would actually matter because the higher level gear would give you better bonuses.

patchday

I hate forgetting to put my +36 light boots on when trying to prevent heavy ammo loss. Thankfully, I didn't die as a 31 on the kill. Being on bubble duty certainly helped. Also, I had a sloppy sword run, but NM allows that sort of slop to be recoverable. I still need to calm the nerves and be more relaxed in the role.

2 more HM Crota + 3 HM Atheon then focus fully on IB. I want the Titan class item and rank 5 rep for next time.

No problem! Glad we can still enjoy ourselves in spite of the messiness.

What?! You did good think we only wiped like 2-3 times. You did good.

Top Bottom