• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

bosseye

I got Sunbreakers from the NF. Thanks! not like Xur has been selling those pretty much every week since release.

Although, more cheerily, my mate who got Gjallarhorn from the NF last week got Ascendant Energy this week. Balance of fairness partially restored! :p

bosseye

Also, can someone explain whats happening with my weapon upgrades/XP gains from Bounties please; I've been a bit slow and only just realised that when turning in a bounty you appear to get XP applied to weapons that are equipped rather than anything you completed the Bounty with - right? But it doesn't seem to be working quite like that for me lately. Or do you actually have to use the weapon you want to upgrade?

Example, I did a load of Eris bounties - I used Thorn as I had a spare telemetry and used Blackhammer maybe for 2 or 3 kills just for variety. Equipped Bad Juju when I turned the bounties in thinking that would get the XP but Blackhammer got the lot, 2 bubble upgrades despite being barely used and Thorn got nothing.

I'm a bit confused.

Spiders

Also, can someone explain whats happening with my weapon upgrades/XP gains from Bounties please; I've been a bit slow and only just realised that when turning in a bounty you appear to get XP applied to weapons that are equipped rather than anything you completed the Bounty with - right? But it doesn't seem to be working quite like that for me lately. Or do you actually have to use the weapon you want to upgrade?

Example, I did a load of Eris bounties - I used Thorn as I had a spare telemetry and used Blackhammer maybe for 2 or 3 kills just for variety. Equipped Bad Juju when I turned the bounties in thinking that would get the XP but Blackhammer got the lot, 2 bubble upgrades despite being barely used and Thorn got nothing.

I'm a bit confused.

You get XP for the weapons you have equipped when you turn the bounties in.

ocean

Banned

I'm a bit confused.
Using a weapon gives it XP for each kill, but even with telemetry it's kind of slow. Bounties apply XP to whichever weapons you have equipped. If you equip Bad Juju and Black Hammer before turning in a bounty they both get XP. You'll see BH leveling up faster because it's a legendary instead of an Exotic and because it's a secondary instead of primary weapon. Exotics take a ton of XP to level up. Primaries also require a little more XP than secondaries to level up. Heavies are by far the fastest though.

Ridwald

I'm a bit confused.

You gain XP of the kills you do while you're doing your bounties to the weapons you have equipped at the time but that's a little amount of XP compared to the bounties, or you would have to kill a truckload of Majors/Ultras. "Red"/normal Enemies give only a small amount of XP.

When you're turning your bounties to the quartermaster, only the equipped weapons will get the XP of the bounties (not the ones you used during the bounties). For the time when you had Bad Juju and Black Hammer equipped i think both got XP but exotics require a lot more XP than legendaries, so when BH got two bubbles unlocked your Bad Juju might not get one (depending of how far you were in the tree of perks maybe).

For the sake of information, if you have the Nightfall bonus (head on fire, light .. whatever the name is :) ), you gain something like 25% more XP (and rep) for each patrol/bounty you turn in. That bonus can be (from my experience) stacked with the telemetries too. Don't forget that the package you get in the mail contains materials but it also gives you 5000 XP per package.

For example, I try to have a pack of finished (or unfinished) bounties on my characters so that i can turn them in to the quartermaster/Eris while using a telemetry (you pop it just before turning them in). If i still have bounties to do while the telemetry is still active, i go and try to finish some before the end of it and maximize the effect. You can level up an exotic in no time if you have multiple characters and the bonuses/items available and you swith the weapons from one character to another.

As great as IB is, I just keep getting frustrated when comparing it to what was advertised. Level advantages should be exactly like they are in PvE. Nothing more than 3 levels below a player should be able to damage them, much less one-shot them with a sniper/fusion rifle/ shotgun. Currently, my lvl. 31 and even my lvl. 32 characters are still being one-shotted by 26's and 27's wielding snipers and shotguns.

It wouldn't be friendly to the lower level destiny player or those that haven't put in the time to reach 31/32, but that's the whole point of the Iron Banner: high level ranked PvP gameplay.

Since it's the only event they have I guess they try to make it accessible to as many people as possible

Just hit 31 on my warlock :)

And top of the page too! Feeling lucky about hm scrota, gimme that No Land Beyond scrota!

you might be the only person who's ever said that and meant it

amar212

As great as IB is, I just keep getting frustrated when comparing it to what was advertised. Level advantages should be exactly like they are in PvE. Nothing more than 3 levels below a player should be able to damage them, much less one-shot them with a sniper/fusion rifle/ shotgun. Currently, my lvl. 31 and even my lvl. 32 characters are still being one-shotted by 26's and 27's wielding snipers and shotguns.

It wouldn't be friendly to the lower level destiny player or those that haven't put in the time to reach 31/32, but that's the whole point of the Iron Banner: high level ranked PvP gameplay.

I think you are confusing initial idea of banner with the current one - which has been leveled after the second Banner IIRC

And it is better IMO and works as it should

ATTACK is dealt with particular weapon, thus WEAPON STAT (331 for instance) is what deals damage

DEFENSE is attributed to defense stat (thus LV26 defense is lower than 32)

It is okay IMO

Ambitious

From the Hot Fix of Jan 12th:

Deathsinger Encounter
  • Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger
  • The Deathsinger now has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials

Exotic Armor? I don't think so.

Ambitious

Maybe the chance is just extremely small, like xur selling hard light or thunderlord.

That's entirely possible, but I doubt it. I've never witnessed anyone getting exotic armor after any part of any raid. Of course, this observation doesn't mean anything if the chance of an armor drop is low enough. But still, I'm sure that's just yet another mistake of Bungie. Just like Public Events or Nightfalls supposedly have a chance to drop radiant materials.

ocean

Banned
That's entirely possible, but I doubt it. I've never witnessed anyone getting exotic armor after any part of any raid. Of course, this observation doesn't mean anything if the chance of an armor drop is low enough. But still, I'm sure that's just yet another mistake of Bungie. Just like Public Events or Nightfalls supposedly have a change to drop radiant materials.
Hadn't thought of it but you're right. Never seen exotic armor from VoG or CE. I'm ok with that though. Unlike weapons, the vast majority of the good armor has been sold by Xûr and unlike weapons which you can share with alts, dupe armor is useless.

IHaveIce

Banned
That's entirely possible, but I doubt it. I've never witnessed anyone getting exotic armor after any part of any raid. Of course, this observation doesn't mean anything if the chance of an armor drop is low enough. But still, I'm sure that's just yet another mistake of Bungie. Just like Public Events or Nightfalls supposedly have a change to drop radiant materials.
Bungie said there is a chance of radiant drops??
i refuse to believe that.

Ambitious

Bungie said there is a chance of radiant drops??
i refuse to believe that.

Check the material description for radiant shards/energy:
Obtained from Raids, in smaller amounts from Nightfall events, and rarely from other sources in the world.

I made a mistake; it doesn't explicitly mention Public Events. But about a month ago, Public Event packages indeed rewarded radiant materials for a short time until Bungie fixed it. So I guess we can assume "other sources in the world" refers to PEs.

Manp

Check the material description for radiant shards/energy:

I made a mistake; it doesn't explicitly mention Public Events. But about a month ago, Public Event packages indeed rewarded radiant materials for a short time until Bungie fixed it. So I guess we can assume "other sources in the world" refers to PEs.

they just copypasted ascendant materials' description. bungie being lazy? no way :|

remember when they patched truth to hold 3 rockets and wrote that in the patch notes. moths later truth description still report it as having a 2 rockets magazine.

Namikaze1

Necrochasm Daily Mission run complete. Uploading vid right now. Once that is up, I will post a link to that and the two Husk of the Pit vids I forgot to post last night.

Omni

Can anyone on Xbox One carry me through the earth strike as a level 5?

I can return the favour or whatever. I have 32 Titan and Warlock characters so if you need to cheese first half of hard raid or something afterwards I'll do it for you.

Ambitious

I am never going to reach IB level 5, just don't feel like playing. :( I don't wanna miss out on that scout rifle though.

Speaking of which:
I'm thinking about replacing my Saterienne Rapier with Gheleon's Demise. More impact, AP rounds and a slightly bigger mag. Sounds great. I don't mind the reduced stability and the increased reload time.

There's a Reddit thread with lots of comments and comparisons. Apart from the lower RoF, it seems to be worth it. I'm going to get it.

BokehKing

Banned
Since it's the only event they have I guess they try to make it accessible to as many people as possible
That is one of Bungie biggest problems, they try to be everyone's friend, they try to protect against trolls.

They added in mic support to strikes and crucible, but the damage has been done. For such a 'social' game everything is defaulted to anti social behavior. It does the opposite of promoting communication.

I blame it on that dumb ass teen rating honestly.

noomi

Nothing to show for this reset, not a single thing I wanted or needed after running through everything. Guess it's time to start grinding those roc strikes again *shiver*.

Either way curious about what the weekly update will be, should be a good one this time around. Also tomorrow is Xursday! Hope Xur brings red death upgrade, and sells the mida multi tool.... oh yeah, and heavy ammo synth please!

blazeuk

One more for hm abyss and bridge. Come and get your raid pulse rifle and auto rifle.

or shards/energies

Damn, wish I wasn't at work, before I spend almost 10000 glimmer on gloves to get my level 30 to 31 I wanted to see what HM CE would give me...
shards/energy

Top Bottom