• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Spent 20 motes re-rolling a Void Felwinter's Lie with Final Round, Quick Aim, and Shot Package. About what I wanted (minus Void). Going to try for another when I get more glimmer.

Sullichin

Feels good to have a Lash again. It was my first ever maxed 300 legendary weapon if I recall, with bad perks. So much better with Outlaw (and on a Hunter)...

Spent 20 motes re-rolling a Void Felwinter's Lie with Final Round, Quick Aim, and Shot Package. About what I wanted (minus Void). Going to try for another when I get more glimmer.

That is a pretty damn good shotty. Not much to improve on except maybe Outlaw instead of Final Round.

stb

Updated list:

HM CE Abyss, Bridge, Crota (skip hallway and deathsinger, unless people need them)

Tonight at ~9:15 Eastern

1) ich00 (PSN Ichabod00)
2) stb (PSN berried_treasure)
3) dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) captscience (PSN captscience)
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
6)
a1)
a2)

Please quote and add yourself. We're technically full, but could use an alt in case schwagger's roof caves in from all the snow or whatever.

I'm logging in now, guys.

Schwagger15 can't make it, does anyone want to do full HM CE?

send a FR berried_treasure, or just join on me if we're already friends.

1. Router
2. Darryl_M_R
3. Kaiken??
4. Boguester
5. GibbShit
6. Shem

We all close by? I'm not at my console so if someone wants to send out party invite and we all can just chill and wait for everyone to get on.

Sullichin

7 shards from 32. I have 11 energy, time to farm black wax idols and do some mat exchange...will miss out on upgrading abyss defiant though :(

Is there any way to check if you got the abyss chest? I'm pretty sure I grabbed it on both of my characters but maybe not.

GhaleonEB

That would be great intermediate functionality. Could even skip the "who has already run" aspect altogether, no? If someone wants to help run a Nightfall even if they already have, why not?

Yup, very much so. I just find myself looking at my online friends often and not knowing who to invite, since I'm not sure who has completed it, or has already run it. Including both would enable me to say, invite friend A who has not yet run the Nightfall, over friend B who has, but is willing to help others do so.

Defyler

How's this timurs lash roll?

Outlaw,

Armor Pierce, flared magwell, explosive rounds

Feeding frenzy.

I can't decide if I want to keep trying for field scout and crowd control. Looking to use it for pve.

So, there's a thread on Bungie.net about douchbag-in-chief KermitTHEfrog and his antics.

Not surprisingly, there are a bunch of assholes who are defending him and laughing up the kids loss. Smh

lt519

Still can't get an exotic for the life of me, none in the last two weeks. I'm not sure how much longer I can stay in this abusive relationship. Good thing Kirby hits tonight for a good distraction :)

GhaleonEB

One concern about the weekly Heroic in matchmaking: As a general worry, the weekly Heroic, Nightfall, and Raids all have ways that matchmade jerks can troll the team. The weekly Heroic is the least trollable of the activities, but there is one way: since players are required to be revived by another player, one could simply play cautiously, not die, wait until your teammates are dead...and not res them. We've already seen an outcry from some who want to play the Heroic solo. Moving on while your matchmade partners sit in watch mode helplessly would be one way to go about doing it.

This will happen, at least some % of the time. Because of this I think the self res timer should be extended, but not removed as it is now, once matchmaking is added. Maybe make it 60 or 90 seconds, as failsafe against this kind of trolling.

Still can't get an exotic for the life of me, none in the last two weeks. I'm not sure how much longer I can stay in this abusive relationship. Good thing Kirby hits tonight for a good distraction :)

I've gotten one ever, in over a half dozen full raid runs and a dozen or so Nightfalls. RNGesus hates me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What's the best to go with Firefly and Outlaw? Hammer Forged, high calibur rounds or custom optics? My Demise is actually from like 2 Iron banners ago. I just re-rolled with these perks.

ethomaz

Banned
Today I had 3 smooth and fast Crota Normal runs.

I got the Fusion Rifle but #ForeverNoBlackHammer.

Thanks for all the guys that helped this time.

One concern about the weekly Heroic in matchmaking: As a general worry, the weekly Heroic, Nightfall, and Raids all have ways that matchmade jerks can troll the team. The weekly Heroic is the least trollable of the activities, but there is one way: since players are required to be revived by another player, one could simply play cautiously, not die, wait until your teammates are dead...and not res them. We've already seen an outcry from some who want to play the Heroic solo. Moving on while your matchmade partners sit in watch mode helplessly would be one way to go about doing it.

This will happen, at least some % of the time. Because of this I think the self res timer should be extended, but not removed as it is now, once matchmaking is added. Maybe make it 60 or 90 seconds, as failsafe against this kind of trolling.

I've gotten one ever, in over a half dozen full raid runs and a dozen or so Nightfalls. RNGesus hates me.

Bungie could look into adding some type of rating system for rating other players post match. I know other games have tried it with some success. Players that troll get reported. Do it enough and they drop into the naughty pool and only get matchmade with other bad behavior Players.

I know it very well, man... RNG is ridiculous and I'm convinced there's something up/buggy about it (like so many other things in this game). Better luck next time.

lt519

I know it very well, man... RNG is ridiculous and I'm convinced there's something up/buggy about it (like so many other things in this game). Better luck next time.

Thanks for playing tonight, despite my bitching the social aspect with GAF is always still a blast.

Ghaleon on the bright side we still have something to play for. I think it would be a great idea if they had exotic and/or raid vendors that sold every item but for a very hefty price. Like 20 exotic shards for any exotic or 100 radiant energies for a Hunger of Crota. There would at least be a light at the end of the tunnel. Dedicated players would get to overcome RNG once every month.

Gordon

I see what you mean.. But with gambling, for every run that makes you think there is a pattern, there is another run that makes you say "yep, totally random". With Destiny, you just keep seeing things that feel outside of realm of possibility. And the next thing you see makes you say "yep, something's up".
It does seem a tad suspicious that drops of the same item seem to cluster together. I was running Eris' blade bounty and the second blade I killed dropped me my first husk. The next one dropped my second, and another I happened to run into a little later in the same play session (also the same instance of earth patrol) dropped my third. And this is after intentionally farming for the thing both on the fist mission and earth patrol for days. I probably killed a good couple hundred before seeing three drop consecutively.

Obviously that can be random, but the likelihood must be sarcastically low. It feels like players have their own loot tables with better odds, and new items getting added with true RNG. That would support the braking effect on progression Bungie seems to be hellbent on putting in place, while still allowing players to hit multiple weekly exotic rolls (and visit Xur) without cleaning out the less-than-extensive pool of exotics and moving on to games with deeper content.

Again I could be wrong, but it would make sense for them to do something like that. They're trying to make a small collection of items both accessible and exclusive at the same time, without having an obvious super-rare tier. Easy way to do that is to pick a handful of people and make it rain Gjallarhorns. Gjallarhorn people are still hungry for Thunderlords, and Thunderlord people (like myself) still perceive the Gjallarhorn as attainable (beyond building a time machine and sending a stack of coins back to my level 6 self)

Top Bottom