• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Take your pick:

B9bHZiECMAA5GxQ.jpg:large

Got a maxed 300, maxed 331, two unleveled 274s and two unleveled 302s :p At least Xbox players will be getting "new" content in September compared to PS players....

Only 17 Spinmetal? Ha, I have you beat there.

those telemetries

i almost feel like those things give me less reason to play the game .. upgrading a weapon is my only source of play sometimes lol

Yup,

No Land Beyond, Dragon's Breath and 4th Horsmen were all duds.

It's fine if they want gimmicky weapons, but at least bring something legitimately useful.

I would love to use all of those weapons but they suck. Even for patrol they're not fun. The necrochasm gets a lot of hate but at least it's fun to use. I want to use Dragons breath but with no tracking and the slowest velocity of any rocket launcher I've seen its not even an option.

i was actually kind of underwhelmed by hawkmoon in PvE

i had gotten it not too long after my timur's lash

if i want a hard hitting hand cannon i think id save the exotic spot

i was actually kind of underwhelmed by hawkmoon in PvE

i had gotten it not too long after my timur's lash

if i want a hard hitting hand cannon i think id save the exotic spot

It's still a brilliant hand cannon. Even for PVE but with weapons like the fatebringer there is no reason to take up the exotic slot with.

Timur's lash is just an uncomfortable hand cannon for me. I never thought stability was an issue with HC's but the lash's is so low that it bothers me. I hope Bungie doesn't turn all hand cannon's into the lash with the balancing patch

Ryck

And The Last Word, and Suros Regime, and MIDA multitool, and Icebreaker...etc
Is MIDA really that good? I have one in the vault that I need to upgrade. I've heard mixed reviews about it.

But yeah Suros and IB are also must have weapons. (Not to keen on LW)

MIDA is a fun gun to shoot but its kind of vanilla

i mean there are scout rifles with firefly these days

they could have at least given it auto fire

Ryck

Exactly, I got VOC around the same time and recently Rapier and Fang. Firefly, solar, arc damage etc or um hair trigger perk everyone says isn't noticable... But yeah I think I'll grind it up and try it out anyway.

I said PvE. There is no reason to use anything other than the horn.

Take out the last word then, there are still a few exotics worth the slot.

I would take Ice Breaker over Gjallarhorn almost everytime for pve use.

Is MIDA really that good? I have one in the vault that I need to upgrade. I've heard mixed reviews about it.

But yeah Suros and IB are also must have weapons. (Not to keen on LW)

I love it, it just feels right to use, and makes you move really fast, hits hard too.

If you already have one, try it, maybe you like it.

cilonen

You guys have any preferred machine guns in pvp? I'm still using an old Swarm with 300 attack. Haven't found a good alternative with similar impact or stability.

My Swarm is probably my second favourite gun in the game. Mine was a drop so it has field scout. It can shoot for days and just melts faces.

Exactly, I got VOC around the same time and recently Rapier and Fang. Firefly, solar, arc damage etc or um hair trigger perk everyone says isn't noticable... But yeah I think I'll grind it up and try it out anyway.

fang just totally outclasses mida

mida fires slightly faster and has faster reload but fang has spray and play

they both have 3rd eye, same magazine size with field scout

not to mention arc damage and hive major damage boost which always seems to come in handy

i guess thats the problem with balancing new raid weapons with oldies

cilonen

MIDA is a fun gun to shoot but its kind of vanilla

i mean there are scout rifles with firefly these days

It's the best weapon for running the abyss in CE due to its movement speed perk. The clip size also makes a big difference in PvE in general.

I said PvE. There is no reason to use anything other than the horn.

I'd also take Vex, Thorn and Icebreaker in general PvE, Gjallarhorn looks superb in some situations but I wouldn't equip it and be done for PvE.

Drizzay stop that. :( I don't have a single Ghorn, you're making me sad.

What exotic are you missing btw? Or do you have all? I just need one and its the best weapon in the game :lol

He's still missing Thunderlord :p

He needs to sacrifice 8 gjallarhorns and 6 hawkmoons to obtain it.

It's the best weapon for running the abyss in CE due to its movement speed perk. The clip size also makes a big difference in PvE in general.

Mida is amazing for Abyss, I also love the scope on it. Wish more scouts had that kind of scope.

cilonen

Can I join with a 31? Need one more bridge HM drop - for deathsinger and Crota I can switch to level 32

D'oh, I just dived on to pass the CP to Raybunny shoot me a FR and I can hop back on and give you it too although I don't have time to run anything at the mo!

It's a normal Bridge CP in cas you just need hard mode :)

Sullichin

D'oh, I just dived on to pass the CP to Raybunny shoot me a FR and AI can hop back on and give you it too although I don't have time to run anything at the mo!

It's a normal Bridge CP in cas you just need hard mode :)

I'm good on the CP, I'll probably get it later this week. Will grind IB instead! Thanks though

Shito

MIDA's best aspect is a bit hidden and not listed in its perks: it has an amazing stopping power, which they added in the last weapon balance patch.
It stunlocks nearly every enemy in the game.

ta155

So I just got my first character to 20 thanks to bounties and the Crucible, as I haven't even finished all the story missions on the Moon. Is it actually worth playing the rest of the story content with this character or should I just be focusing on strikes and stuff now?

And a follow-up, is it actually worth seeing much of the story stuff beyond the Moon anyway? Like, should I start up a new character to get the most out of the story stuff in terms of XP, etc?

cilonen

Only 30 minutes until everyone says they're quitting Destiny.

This week at least I know I'll be buying a shard, maybe two. Oh, and an engram which will turn into nothing I actually want and become another shard.

Edit: I actually want the Monte Carlo upgrade, it's my only 300 max exotic and I passed on the upgrade the previous times he's had it.

Edit 2: if he even brings engrams this week, the patch supposedly guaranteeing them isn't live yet, is it?

My Demise has the same scope as the Midi.

My Badger has same scope and I hate it. For scouts I like the scope that has a small circular crosshair instead of a tiny dot or triangle. Destiny has a pretty big hitbox for headshots and I keep missing them with that tiny dot.

Let's just say you are wrong and leave it at that.

lol I always "get in trouble" for saying the same thing about GHorn in PvE. I wish it wasn't the case but the DPS ceiling for GH has no comparable rival. I love using Red Death with Hungry Scrota when running sword but only because I'm relying on teammates to throw damage on the sword bearer.

Btw, what's the worst PvE exotic selection you've seen somebody use when helping people kill HM Scrota? Just did a kill where one guy was rocking an un-leveled Hard Light as his exotic of choice, haha. It was really tearing down that shield quickly, smh.

cilonen

So I just got my first character to 20 thanks to bounties and the Crucible, as I haven't even finished all the story missions on the Moon. Is it actually worth playing the rest of the story content with this character or should I just be focusing on strikes and stuff now?

And a follow-up, is it actually worth seeing much of the story stuff beyond the Moon anyway? Like, should I start up a new character to get the most out of the story stuff in terms of XP, etc?

So I would save the story missions you have left until you have legendary / exotic armor to level, then run them on hard for the XP bonus - the XP will go into levelling your gear and you'll be able to get a good chunk of that done without having to wait for bounties every day.

Edit: the next steps are Bounties (to get Crucible / Vanguard rep and commendations), strikes, public events and more Crucible to get Vanguard or Crucible marks so you can buy the legendaries you need. Go with Armor first over weapons as that will directly boost your level. Also start hoarding strange coins to buy exotic pieces that Xur brings every weekend, but don't dive in blindly like I did (I main a defender titan and bought the first helmet I could afford which had striker perks). Planetdestiny.com has decent exotic reviews so you can see how well the pieces will suit your play style - or ask around here.

Hawkian has some great detailed guides on life post-20 in the OP of the thread :)

Edit 2: unless Xur brings Icebreaker or Gjallarhorn, in which case always buy those over anything else.

Drizzay stop that. :( I don't have a single Ghorn, you're making me sad.

What exotic are you missing btw? Or do you have all? I just need one and its the best weapon in the game :lol

haha sorry dude, sometimes I can't help myself from salting up the thread a bit :p Missing TLord and 4th Suckman, but Saint Helm is the only thing I really want.

Only 17 Spinmetal? Ha, I have you beat there.

I've accumulated a whopping 0 Vanguard Marks across all three characters this week, and all my Crucible marks have been going towards buying weapons so I don't stock up on planetary mats at all. Almost have enough marks on two characters to buy the Crucible vendor Against All Odds and Three Little Words, after that I don't think there's another vendor weapon I'm remotely interested in buying.

Top Bottom