• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

LAA

Looking for a team to go through raid once again for the fragments, wish I knew where they all were the first time. Missing 3 fragments in the raid.
Would beat the whole raid if you can get loot twice in a week, but I'm guessing not.

What's a good non-exotic primary for the raid? I have a FWC handcannon, but it seems like most of the engagement distances are
a bit long
for that. Maybe I'm wrong. My other options are the Apple of Discord & Lyudmila. I would go for the DO scout, but I never repped up DO & am low on motes, synths, etc.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Morning DGAF.

Yesterday I got...

Two Spindles.
The Ship from the Spindle mission.
Rank 3 on my Hunter and the Ace of Spades(How good is this hand cannon? PvP?)
Exotic Arc Sword on my main toon
and got a good chunk of the PVP questline for Shaxx done. I am at the Skirmish part. I will need to enlist GAFers soon.

Its actually surprisingly good in PvP. Its base stats make it feel like a Year 1 handcannon. Its range is damned good, and unlike Hawkmoon - its got AA. The firefly and precision kill ammo return perk is whatever, but the fact that it can hit like a truck at a range that most handcannons can't make it valuable by itself. Its going to end up being my go-to Year 2 handcannon at this rate.

Arc sword is OP in crucible. Picking up heavy basically makes you a bladedancer in super. Except you can aim Razor's Edge in the air, do some crazy aerial attack shit, block, and do AoE attacks that linger lol

arimanius

too much of a beast imo. that super shouldn't be splash 1 hit killing people and the damage reduction makes zero sense lol

if you were to extrapolate how broken that class is once super activates to other classes, you'd see 12 round golden guns, invincible bladedancers, and strikers that could make orbital drops on any point on the map

It and stormcaller probably need to be toned down survival wise, but to be completely honest I'm enjoying it after dealing with BS bladedancers for a year. Let hunters QQ for awhile. :D

Woah, really? I managed to kill one with GG, I thought he was at full shields but maybe he wasn't after all.

Yeah I was really surprised as I've been able to kill them before. Not sure what was going on with that one though. Definitely took 2 shots from full health to get him down.

Should I just use my 310 Spindle to infuse or will they nerf existing 310s? Have a spare 300 one so presuming that will go down to 290.

Impulsor

im in love with my scout rifle, <3

Captura_de_Tela_2015_09_24_s_11_07_54.png

anyone using it too?

Its pure bliss, I'm using the raid rifle now though.

noomi

No they didn't. I farmed the hell out of that chest on Tuesday until some randoms came and fucked it up.

Someone told me you can set the date & time on your system a few days back and that won't let anyone join your patrol... Does it work?

Morning DGAF.
Rank 3 on my Hunter and the Ace of Spades(How good is this hand cannon? PvP?).

not that great in pvp, but pve this is a monster for clear rooms, for long one target fights is not the best option as it comes in 280 light ... i sugest hawkmoon or even boolean gemini

Its actually surprisingly good in PvP. Its base stats make it feel like a Year 1 handcannon. Its range is damned good, and unlike Hawkmoon - its got AA. The firefly and precision kill ammo return perk is whatever, but the fact that it can hit like a truck at a range that most handcannons can't make it valuable by itself. Its going to end up being my go-to Year 2 handcannon at this rate.

Arc sword is OP in crucible. Picking up heavy basically makes you a bladedancer in super. Except you can aim Razor's Edge in the air, do some crazy aerial attack shit, block, and do AoE attacks that linger lol

Thanks for the info! Warlock is my main toon but I will have to give the Ace a try if and when I do more PvP with my hunter! I loved TLW and Hawkmoon before 2.0 so I am excited to give this a chance...I just wish it wasn't class specific

lt519

im in love with my scout rifle, <3
anyone using it too?

I've been using Last Extremity with firefly but I did pick this up yesterday. Crowd Control, Field Scout, and Grenadier are decent perks but not the best.

Sorry for the funky cutting, what do you think is better? Tread has more ammo, especially when I unlock field scout. But the hit to impact, range, and firefly are tough to let go. My Tread does have cabal burn, so I might just level them both up and use them situationally.

Does anyone know if the ship that was dropping yesterday will drop in the Heroic version of that story mission today or was it also a Daily/Secret Room drop? I was mostly concerned with the Spindle of course but wouldn't mind trying for the glowy ship.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What's a good non-exotic primary for the raid? I have a FWC handcannon, but it seems like most of the engagement distances are
a bit long
for that. Maybe I'm wrong. My other options are the Apple of Discord & Lyudmila. I would go for the DO scout, but I never repped up DO & am low on motes, synths, etc.

I honestly don't think the weapon you use matters much in a raid, at least not enough to make a difference between wipe and win. Just bring a sniper rifle.

Swords are pretty sweet in crucible, but so are basic rockets and HMG. Until I quit the game I will always maintain that the force lightning of warlocks is the most OP crap in PvP. I see so many 4 to 5 person kill streaks when that's activated.

Hedera

Anyone need to do or want to help with the Wormsinger, Skyburners and/or Founts (Argonarch thing) events? These are for the 36-38 fragments but I'm not sure how soloable they are.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It and stormcaller probably need to be toned down survival wise, but to be completely honest I'm enjoying it after dealing with BS bladedancers for a year. Let hunters QQ for awhile. :D

I'm getting used to Stormcallers a bit... but the fact that they have some DR is still kinda questionable. Why they have it with the range that they do is just nonsense to me. The only reasons Bladedances have damage reduction is because they need to melee. Stormcallers having any at all when they have mid-range attacks, an ability to kill on startup (something no other class with a roving super has), and are able to hit/kill people they're not even looking at (or aware of lol) is just bad balance plain and simple.

I'm not calling on a nerf or anything, just calling it for what it is.

I hated bladedancers too, but they didn't deserve to die ha

j-wood

You killed him with 7seconds left (you can see it on screen from 9:32 onwards) whenever you revived/re spawned the timer didn't show for a few seconds

Oh wow yeah, I didn't see the timer pop back up. I'm still not sure how we didn't have to kill the remaining adds though.

commish

Should I just use my 310 Spindle to infuse or will they nerf existing 310s? Have a spare 300 one so presuming that will go down to 290.

Everyone is infusing their 310 away since Bungie said they were going to nerf it to 290.

deoee

Looking for a few People to try out the Rumble Sword Quest thing:

You just start up a rumble match and let each other kill one another so you can farm the 25 sword kills in no time!

Anyone up for this? :D

Does your character's Light level after how well Infusion works?

Does the amount of XP in either gear piece affect it?

I've been diligently sorting my character and vault storage, decrypting engrams etc. Titan at 303, Hunter at 301, and Warlock at 292 (with a 244 Artifact, bleh). Mostly sorted now so I'm down to do a NF or raid or CoO anytime. Otherwise I'll probably go farm Exotics since I never did that...

Nope, as far as I have experimented, infusing anything that has 5-6 light more than the item being infused suffers no drop off. 10 light or more seems to have 3-4 light drop off, while anything over 20 has at least a 20% drop off.

Same, have not formed Draksis but stocked up on 300 3 of coins before xur left.

MechDX

Swords are pretty sweet in crucible, but so are basic rockets and HMG. Until I quit the game I will always maintain that the force lightning of warlocks is the most OP crap in PvP. I see so many 4 to 5 person kill streaks when that's activated.

5730074a727156fc4ce211a6146121359fb69f4f8647506a18ef5b156ad98494.jpg

ocean

Banned
Does your character's Light level after how well Infusion works?

Does the amount of XP in either gear piece affect it?

I've been diligently sorting my character and vault storage, decrypting engrams etc. Titan at 303, Hunter at 301, and Warlock at 292 (with a 244 Artifact, bleh). Mostly sorted now so I'm down to do a NF or raid or CoO anytime. Otherwise I'll probably go farm Exotics since I never did that...
I don't believe your light level affects Infusion. The XP on the piece you'll discard definitely does though. If you dismantle an unleveled piece into another to power it up, you'll gain 80% of the difference between them. By leveling that piece up you can get more, but I don't know the exact numbers.

Likewise, fully upgraded stuff gives 5 Marks instead of 3 if actually dismantled and not infused.

commish

Anyone need to do or want to help with the Wormsinger, Skyburners and/or Founts (Argonarch thing) events? These are for the 36-38 fragments but I'm not sure how soloable they are.

I literally need to do all 3 of those as well, so I can do them with you tonight but can't atm.

lt519

Everyone is infusing their 310 away since Bungie said they were going to nerf it to 290.

I regret infusing it into my 1000 Yard Stare though. I'd of rather used a 300 to get my 1000 Yard Stare to 300 and then raised a junk legendary to 308 and then in turn infused that into the 290 Spindle to get to 306/307 (not sure the math, I think its 307). A 3 light level difference from what they are nerfing won't be too bad, it'd still be way over powered.

Afrocious

For the new thread:

Are we expecting an exotic for every daily we get now? I got the black spindle after a bunch of tries and I'm glad. I'm also glad Bungie is not gating Exotics behind RNG. However, I don't know if I can keep doing sidequests as intense as killing all those Taken in 10 minutes every day as someone who gets off work at around 4:30, gets caught in traffic for 30 minutes, and plops on a recliner to play videogames at the end of the day.

Apparently, the sidequests will repeat themselves eventually, so that's good.

noomi

Lots of people have checked, no one (afaik) has seen anything. I'm talking to her right now and there's nothing happening.

Where did this originate from? Was it a Bungie employee that mentioned something, or just a random person on gaf?

commish

I regret infusing it into my 1000 Yard Stare though. I'd of rather used a 300 to get my 1000 Yard Stare to 300 and then raised a junk legendary to 308 and then in turn infused that into the 290 Spindle to get to 306/307 (not sure the math). A 3 light level difference from what they are nerfing won't be too bad, it'd still be way over powered.

Yeah, that's what I did. I took a sorry sidearm to 308 and will infuse that back into my real Spindle once I get it to 300.

Haha, jerk :p I also know that when I start dropping hammers on people, people are probably saying the same thing about my fire hammers of death.

I've been using Last Extremity with firefly but I did pick this up yesterday. Crowd Control, Field Scout, and Grenadier are decent perks but not the best.

Sorry for the funky cutting, what do you think is better? Tread has more ammo, especially when I unlock field scout. But the hit to impact, range, and firefly are tough to let go. My Tread does have cabal burn, so I might just level them both up and use them situationally.

last extremity is the pvp one right? i got one but the perks was a real garbage, i wish we could just reroll them already

Top Bottom