• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I honestly don't think the weapon you use matters much in a raid, at least not enough to make a difference between wipe and win. Just bring a sniper rifle.

Swords are pretty sweet in crucible, but so are basic rockets and HMG. Until I quit the game I will always maintain that the force lightning of warlocks is the most OP crap in PvP. I see so many 4 to 5 person kill streaks when that's activated.

Swords, plainly put, get way too much fucking ammo off of one drop in Crucible. With one heavy pickup, you can block a hail of machine gun fire or rocket, swingjump to some place you wouldn't normally be able to reach, then unleash your exotic sword special for a triple kill

and have enough energy left over to do it all again 3 more times. You can have your sword out and be getting kills the ENTIRE time between heavy. Difference between swords and the other heavy weapons is that they can drastically add to your survivability. Swords probably shouldn't even be allowed in skirmish lol

ocean

Banned
For the new thread:

Are we expecting an exotic for every daily we get now? I got the black spindle after a bunch of tries and I'm glad. I'm also glad Bungie is not gating Exotics behind RNG. However, I don't know if I can keep doing sidequests as intense as killing all those Taken in 10 minutes every day.

Apparently, the sidequests will repeat themselves eventually, so that's good.
Definitely not every mission. There won't be that many Exotics in the game.

But I'm thinking 2-3 might have similar Easter eggs.

lt519

last extremity is the pvp one right? i got one but the perks was a real garbage, i wish we could just reroll them already

Yeah it's an Omolon. I think the Dead Orbit scout with Firefly is better so I may replace it with that and when I do level up my Tread so I can have a high magazine scout rifle with crowd conrol.

Yeah, that's what I did. I took a sorry sidearm to 308 and will infuse that back into my real Spindle once I get it to 300.

I was rushing to pack my ps4 up for my trip and panicked ): oh well, at least I got A sniper up to 308. Could have been worse and not have had this whole awesome event happen.

Swords, plainly put, get way too much fucking ammo off of one drop in Crucible. With one heavy pickup, you can block a hail of machine gun fire or rocket, swingjump to some place you wouldn't normally be able to reach, then unleash your exotic sword special for a triple kill

and have enough energy left over to do it all again 3 more times. You can have your sword out and be getting kills the ENTIRE time between heavy. Difference between swords and the other heavy weapons is that they can drastically add to your survivability. Swords probably shouldn't even be allowed in skirmish lol

Trials heavy ammo round is going to be hysterical.

For the new thread:

Are we expecting an exotic for every daily we get now? I got the black spindle after a bunch of tries and I'm glad. I'm also glad Bungie is not gating Exotics behind RNG. However, I don't know if I can keep doing sidequests as intense as killing all those Taken in 10 minutes every day as someone who gets off work at around 4:30, gets caught in traffic for 30 minutes, and plops on a recliner to play videogames at the end of the day.

Apparently, the sidequests will repeat themselves eventually, so that's good.

No way, definitely not every Daily. At most there might be another one for Sleeper Simulant and one for No Time to Explain (and that's complete speculation).

There was a special Daily with Spindle partly because dismantling an old BHammer produced a Rune that gave hints as to the Spindle's location. Afaik there aren't any other Runes like that out there.

If I want to grind for a specific strike reward (the scout rifle say, or the shield bro's maulers), what's the best way? Do that strike on the director directly? Or go streaking and hope that the strike gets selected?

Afrocious

TBH, and this is probably just me because I'm quite lame, but I'd like more challenges that didn't involve killing waves of enemies. Collecting some of the Fragments were pretty fun, such as getting the one in the Scent chest. Not that I don't like blasting enemies in the face. I do. But I find it tiresome, which is weird considering how much I enjoy playing this FPS lol.

LiK

I just wanted to say that Eyasluna is amazing. I've been rocking that and the Chaperone in crucible.

I saw that drop for a random in PVP. so jelly. the stats look awesome.

TBH, and this is probably just me because I'm quite lame, but I'd like more challenges that didn't involve killing waves of enemies. Collecting some of the Fragments were pretty fun, such as getting the one in the Scent chest.

less horde mode, more puzzle solving.

oSoLucky

I'm up for a a NF or a Raid sometime today or later if you have room. Online now. My regular crew hasn't been able to down Oryx yet but we blast through the rest and I have alts that are raid ready.

Does your character's Light level after how well Infusion works?

Does the amount of XP in either gear piece affect it?

I've been diligently sorting my character and vault storage, decrypting engrams etc. Titan at 303, Hunter at 301, and Warlock at 292 (with a 244 Artifact, bleh). Mostly sorted now so I'm down to do a NF or raid or CoO anytime. Otherwise I'll probably go farm Exotics since I never did that...

I'm looking to run any part of the raid also(only want Oryx but I'll run the whole thing). If you guys are still interested, we can find 3 others and get it rolling.

That moment when a blueberry sidles up next to you in the Tower... stares at you awhile.... goes into their menu... and then you get a Friend Request.... blueberry pls.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Agreed that it is too much ammo, especially for how powerful it is. Mayhem is going to be insane with all the swords and supers.

LiK

That moment when a blueberry sidles up next to you in the Tower... stares at you awhile.... goes into their menu... and then you get a Friend Request.... blueberry pls.

yea,. I hate deleting their request but my list is big enough already

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I just wanted to say that Eyasluna is amazing. I've been rocking that and the Chaperone in crucible.

Still the most fun secondary in the game
Agreed that it is too much ammo, especially for how powerful it is. Mayhem is going to be insane with all the swords and supers.

science demands that i find out if blocking a golden gun is possible

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Where did this originate from? Was it a Bungie employee that mentioned something, or just a random person on gaf?

From me. Which I heard from someone reliable. The same person told me about the black spindle the day before.

LTWood12

pUCgNEtl.jpg

I got a friend request from some blueberry named "I_Have_Cookies" or something like that. I was scared, but remembered to just say no.

LTWood12

I need to try it out then because Telesto wrecks faces like no one's business.

Will crow be eaten?

Hey sorry again Afro about my connection trouble last night. Hope it didn't ruin that run. Hopefully you were able to kick me before the timer started.

How did you get to 4 already? I'm at ~200 away from 4 after doing this weeks field tests. Also, is the emblem a legendary class emblem?

If the point value is within 5 to 6 of the infusing item, you get the full value. Ex 305 item infused to a 300 item, this will bring the 300 item up to 305 giving you 100% of the infusion value.

Pretty sure that if you're within 5 or 6 light, you get the full value when you infuse. Happened to me several times, regardless of item quality.

It rounds up once you're within a few points, otherwise it'd be impossible to hit the max without getting actual drops at 310/300 in every slot. Not sure specifically where the barrier is though.

Oh wow! I should have infused my 295 helm instead of 294. Every point really does help. Now to find out if it's 5 or 6. I knew it rounded "up" so 290 to 294, 80% is 293.2, rounded up would be 294 (whole value of infusion) so I knew you could get every point like that. Or even infusing 1 light up, 0.8 would be rounded up to 1.

Thanks yall

It's 80% infusion rate rounded up. So if you are within 4 you get the full amount, 5 gets you one short. From what I've seen.

Hmm so now I'm confused! Maybe it is just rounded up :X

Afrocious

Hey sorry again Afro about my connection trouble last night. Hope it didn't ruin that run. Hopefully you were able to kick me before the timer started.

Lol we failed that run but it's all good. We eventually got it. The biggest issue was that people were afraid to kill enemies.

Meh. He was being vague about it. Even the black spindle hint he gave me was vague. Something along the lines of "the spiders are creating webs."

lol what. I don't get that hint.

Top Bottom