• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

lt519

Oh wow! I should have infused my 295 helm instead of 294. Every point really does help. Now to find out if it's 5 or 6

Thanks yall

It's 80% infusion rate rounded up. So if you are within 4 you get the full amount, 5 gets you one short. From what I've seen.

purg3

slept with Malkin
im in love with my scout rifle, <3

Captura_de_Tela_2015_09_24_s_11_07_54.png

anyone using it too?

My favorite gun in the game so far. My roll was okay-ish, would have been godlike if it wasn't for the Icarus roll. It has Will of Light and Army of One.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I need to try it out then because Telesto wrecks faces like no one's business.

Will crow be eaten?

I mean... I like Telesto more than most exotic weapons. In PvE I had to laugh at how easily I mauled the S.A.B.E.R. strike the first time through. I was running Nightstalker w/ Alpha Lupi and the perk that gives orbs on every tethered enemy kill + duration/length/#tethered... needless to say, there was an orb for every man woman and child in the tower lol.

Its a great team weapon. I just can't get that same enjoyment out of it in PvP.

Meanwhile, Chaperone headshots in Crucible followed by whip action and agility boost give me the vapors every time. I just need a good PvP Scout and I'm set for life.

Edit: Battle Runner is very underrated for Telesto. Meshes with the theme of the weapon perfectly.

Shito

OK here´s what I´m gonna do:

-Bring my 1000 YS to 308
-Bring my Telesto to 300
-Bring two of my 3 Invectives to 300
-Use those to bring my soon to be fucked up spindle to 300 when the time comes.

Genius. Yes, me. Glam Lord.
Yep, genius: totally forgot I kept those 290 dupes I got from uncle Draksis.
I just infused my 310 Spindle into my stillpiercer, and then I brought two of my Hereafter to 300 for when my 300 Spindle will be nerfed to 290.

Thanks! :)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
what type of gun?

Fusion rifle. Fires a bunch of pellets that glow and explode a second later and does aoe damage. The damage is honestly ridiculous, and I could see it getting an adjustment from Bungie.

LTWood12

Meh. He was being vague about it. Even the black spindle hint he gave me was vague. Something along the lines of "the spiders are creating webs."

We have a saying in my country - the coyote of the desert likes to eat the heart of the young and the blood drips down to his children for breakfast, lunch and dinner and only the ribs will be broken

Anchorman_096Pyxurz.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
We have a saying in my country - the coyote of the desert likes to eat the heart of the young and the blood drips down to his children for breakfast, lunch and dinner and only the ribs will be broken

Anchorman_096Pyxurz.jpg

I don't even get what that means. If people want to crucify me for what I said then that's totally fine. lol.

All I was told was that she says some new things and it can be considered bland and straightfoward.

Dante316

Can you guys recommend me a good legendary primary, I'm thinking of upgrading my sword to exotic and a nice legendary would go a long way.

Frostburn

Anyone for T2 and maybe a T3 CoO? I need to get some more fragments (At 41 so far and I know I am missing 2 easy ones from Founts and Golgoroth's Cellar) The rest are in the CoO.

LordofPwn

OT 32 already? as Shaxx would say "THIS IS AMAZING!"

Great job Doc on another OT

So back to that sleeper simulant...

Things I know:
It's an invisible quest chain you receive once you beat regicide or enable patrol on the Dreadnaught.
It is not tied to the gunsmith rank in any way so far. (rank 4 does not give you a quest btw. i'm rank 4).

I got my warlock to 304 and have started using my hunter. I have yet to find any of the fusion rifle relics and i have yet to beat regicide.

My plan is to make a detailed log of this quest and the steps needed. I will also say that my gut is telling me you can not get the sleeper simulant only doing solo play. there is a co-op aspect to it.

This gun will not be a drop, it is a quest reward. No time to explain is most likely a spindle like reward.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are his
sisters
taken?

giphy.gif
No, actually, I guess he didn't feel comfortable with that even though it would've made them more...

...oh, you mean like, oh.
Are you doing noob king's fall already? I want in. lol
Haha, no. But soon enough!
Any advice on how that's done lol?
Not really D: Haven't tried it
Did you wind up getting Spindle last night?
Nah. Got plenty close. I was falling asleep with my trigger held down the last few atttempts and just had to call it. I feel so ridiculously tired today

Swords, plainly put, get way too much fucking ammo off of one drop in Crucible. With one heavy pickup, you can block a hail of machine gun fire or rocket, swingjump to some place you wouldn't normally be able to reach, then unleash your exotic sword special for a triple kill

and have enough energy left over to do it all again 3 more times. You can have your sword out and be getting kills the ENTIRE time between heavy. Difference between swords and the other heavy weapons is that they can drastically add to your survivability. Swords probably shouldn't even be allowed in skirmish lol

Wait. What? You can block a rocket and machine gun fire without taking damage?

geordiemp

My favorite gun in the game so far. My roll was okay-ish, would have been godlike if it wasn't for the Icarus roll. It has Will of Light and Army of One.

Bot one with reactive relaod, but will need to get some gauntlets with faster scout reload for it to work how I would like.

EL CUCO

So is it confirmed that our existing BH 2.0's will be getting dropped down to 290, or is that only referring to the ones that will drop in the future?

LTWood12

someone find a way to get the black spindle mission to proc outside the daily. All you people are smart with computers and the htmls. figure it out. Papa Wood needs catharsis.

Posting for new thread and updating roster from replies:

DGAF King's Fall Blind Raid! It's looking like Friday, most likely... what time is best for people that didn't reply about their time, yet? I'm hoping early Friday especially with a UKer but let's see what everyone can do!

1) xplicitone (open to any time)
2) Frenden (open to any time)
3) Pyrandes
4) Rehsa / Moridhin
5) darkshodan / darkshodan84
6) achamian / cptsupermarket (UK time)

That moment when a blueberry sidles up next to you in the Tower... stares at you awhile.... goes into their menu... and then you get a Friend Request.... blueberry pls.
That happened to me last week but, after asking what they wanted to play (the story which I hadn't finished), I accepted and played through a couple of missions. It was fun. It turned out to be a lady who was playing with her mic live. I could hear her chastising her son in the background (don't play in the bathroom!) while we played. Made me chuckle. Of course, my 18 month old daughter was napping in the next room so I could empathise a bit.

MrS

Banned
OT 32 already? as Shaxx would say "THIS IS AMAZING!"

Great job Doc on another OT

So back to that sleeper simulant...

Things I know:
It's an invisible quest chain you receive once you beat regicide or enable patrol on the Dreadnaught.
It is not tied to the gunsmith rank in any way so far. (rank 4 does not give you a quest btw. i'm rank 4).

I got my warlock to 304 and have started using my hunter. I have yet to find any of the fusion rifle relics and i have yet to beat regicide.

My plan is to make a detailed log of this quest and the steps needed. I will also say that my gut is telling me you can not get the sleeper simulant only doing solo play. there is a co-op aspect to it.

This gun will not be a drop, it is a quest reward. No time to explain is most likely a spindle like reward.
It could be a secret co-op mission involving Vex like yesterday's daily?

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
OK here´s what I´m gonna do:

-Bring my 1000 YS to 308
-Bring my Telesto to 300
-Bring two of my 3 Invectives to 300
-Use those to bring my soon to be fucked up spindle to 300 when the time comes.

Genius. Yes, me. Glam Lord.

Perfect. Just did that too! Thanks for the little "guide" :)

The patch can come now lol

lt519

BRB infusing 1000 yard sale

NOOOOOOO don't

Edit: infuse a shitty legendary with the 300's you can buy from the blueprints. Infuse the Spindle into it to get it to 308. Buy more 300 spindles and infuse second shitty legendary to 300. Buy 290 spindle when it comes out, infuse shitty legendary #2 (and #3 if necessary) at 300 to bring spindle to 298 then 300 then infuse 308 shitty legendary #1 to bring spindle to 307. You basically have the pre-nerf spindle again, 307 Spindle will still be OP.

I fucked this up and regret it a lot.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wait. What? You can block a rocket and machine gun fire without taking damage?

You'll take damage - but it'll be GREATLY mitigated. A rocket will push you a bit, but you can blockwalk directly through machine gun fire. It'll hurt a little, but you'll be able to plan and push engagements better with a sword than anything else in the game. Sword gives you third person as well so you can edge corners harder, block and gamble (basically if you get killed by a shotgun ever its YOUR fault lol) appropriately, disengage easier, etc. Treat it like chip damage in a fighting game, for example.

I've also noticed that the lag issues that typically effects bladedancers isn't nearly as prevalent on swords. Probably because the range is greater. Sword will 1hk just about anything. Sunbreakers are... sketch. I've seen one walk through a sword hit before.

Top Bottom