• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Juraash

So I've spent some time with Tlaloc and now that it's fully upgrade, I really dig it. The boost to it's performance while you hang onto your super is pretty substantial. I think I still lean towards liking Boolean a little more just for it's base stats, but both have their perks.

On another note. Really hoping to raid this Saturday(tomorrow). I'm 295/6 depending on loadout so I feel like I should be good. Have several solid Sniper options as well.

After listening to the Kotaku podcast with Luke Smith, I'm amped as hell to find out which of the other story missions have hidden weapons/gear, ala the Black Spindle.

People on Reddit are speculating that the next area to explore is the Omnigul/Rasputin room in the story mission "The Promethian Code."

Personally I really hope the VoG mission has something. I had a dream last night where you continue down into Atheon's room and he was just chilling there standing inside the door. Can't remember what happened next.... (true story)

BraXzy

my teammates got so hosed...

damn, can't believe the nightfall of all things got me my prize

now I just need some gloves over 290 to equip sos I can use it and I'll be shadesteppin all over the place

edit: Thanks Vault for the invite and for sticking with the attempt! Damn that Warsat! O_O

Ooooooh I'm jelly! I think thats the exotic I want to settle on with my Hunter.

In fairness, I did get those claw whatsits before at 310 with the extra melee you mentioned which seem preeeeetty sweet.

What class would you recommend I open an exotic chest engram on? Which has the best one?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Have you played this game before?
latest

Personally I really hope the VoG mission has something. I had a dream last night where you continue down into Atheon's room and he was just chilling there standing inside the door. Can't remember what happened next.... (true story)
I want, nay, NEED Infusable VoG armour. Still the best Raid armour set in the game.

ocean

Banned
Well there's 4 dead Ghosts which have not yet been discovered, and their names are all VoG related. The old Vault holds secrets yet.

Silvard

Raid ongoing at D
aughters
right now, we need two more people:

1. SilvardCT
2. Kaikken
3. perineumlick
4. ELB858

Let's go guys!

After listening to the Kotaku podcast with Luke Smith, I'm amped as hell to find out which of the other story missions have hidden weapons/gear, ala the Black Spindle.

People on Reddit are speculating that the next area to explore is the Omnigul/Rasputin room in the story mission "The Promethian Code."

podcast link?

X-Frame

Finally finished the ridiculous Crucible quest-line. I can't believe how unnecessarily long it is, especially with all the later quests requiring wins. It's a wonderful way for people to be motivated to quit when their team is looking like they'll lose.

The only consolation is that "winning" according to Destiny is placing in the Top 3 in Rumble. That is MUCH easier for me to do than regular vs. modes as I continually seem to be matched with newbies or terrible players.

Dead

well not really...yet
Question about the Shaxx Crucible Quest Line

I just did the part where I have to win for Dead Orbit, now I have to talk to the thing from Future War Cult. Do I have to rep them on my wins? That means I cant continue this quest until next week as I had just switched to DO for the previous step (assumed we had to)

Nursezero

Big thanks to SilvardCT, Kaikken, Perineumlick, Elb858, and Nightfox619 for the Raid run. I'm sorry I couldn't stay, but I hope you guys make it all the way through. I'll be back on in about two hours if anybody wants to start from the
Daughters
CP.

Silvard

Big thanks to SilvardCT, Kaikken, Perineumlick, Elb858, and Nightfox619 for the Raid run. I'm sorry I couldn't stay, but I hope you guys make it all the way through. I'll be back on in about two hours if anybody wants to start from the
Daughters
CP.

Any time, it was fun, too bad you couldn't stay.

Fuck the exotic engram weighting being all year 2 versions of year 1 stuff. I got my third invective, light beyond nemesis, and suros today. This shit is getting annoying. Of the near dozen exotic engrams that have just dropped in the wild, I've had 1 decrypt into an actual, new exotic. Bleh. Rahool is the worst.

Oryx down!

Just logged my first Oryx takedown and went pretty damn smooth for being my first Kings Fall and anothers first daughters and Oryx. Only a few wipes along the way. Feels really good to get done.

My spoils have now boosted me into the 300+ club. Hooray! Thanks again for the invite, Zoso!

I want, nay, NEED Infusable VoG armour. Still the best Raid armour set in the game.

I just want my VoG pants back. My favorite hunter pants in the game.

Got my Titan up to 40 after a few missions and some bounties and minutes later he was 270. Yay! 20 more levels to 290. Just need to do that CoO quest for the 300 artifact and buy some leg armor and he'll be there.

Shiv47

Anyone needs Heroic strikes for the one quest? Or just for the hell of it? Need three more here, and don't want randos dropping out at a bad time. PSN: shiv2099

JackHerer

Reposting because I posted in the wrong thread like a dummy:
Just got Stillpiercer from Banshee-44 from a quest he gave me randomly. It looks like an amazing legendary sniper rifle. Special perks:

Perfectionist: Magazine is refunded if all shots fired are precision shots. (Is this from the reserve or free ammo...?)

Self Spotter: Increased radar resolution when this weapon is equipped. (Was hoping this perk existed).

Getting pretty late so I doubt I will have time to level it up tonight. Oh yeah it looks very similar to Patience and Time but the front is different.

I ended up using motes of light to unlock perfectionist. I can confirm it doesn't take rounds from your reserve and there is no time limit. Free ammo as long as they are all head shots. Potentially better than Black Spindle??

I did the king's fall raid 3 times already and none of them decided to do Oryx during the same session :/

Haha yeah I can understand that. It's a reaaaally long raid with newer players. I sherpa'ed a few fresh raids this week and they all ended at the Daughters due to time constraints. Only took maybe 3 hours each time but that's a lot compared to even VoG which could be finished in <1 hour with some newbies. In KF having just one or two newbies can really slow things down since the mechanics are complex and each person is very important.

Once everyone is familiar with the raid and above 300 Light, 1 hour runs should be standard but we aren't close to that yet.

maomaoIYP

I ended up using motes of light to unlock perfectionist. I can confirm it doesn't take rounds from your reserve and there is no time limit. Free ammo as long as they are all head shots. Potentially better than Black Spindle??

Black spindle has better stats overall, and it is not class exclusive. I don't have a BS, so I can't check, but stillpiercer has a 4.5x mag scope, which is the same as what you want in a PvP class sniper. It's my fav sniper....and one of the best in the year 2 content.

Perfectionist only gives back ammo on kills. The black spindle/black hammer perk procs on hits, not kills. So black spindle is good for high DPS against ultras and bosses, perfectionist perk weapons are for use against small mobs and enemies.

So when Destiny launched the Destiny GAF NA Central clan was full, so I got put into 3. I know it's dumb, but who do I bug about seeing if room opened in Central1 now ?

Top Bottom