• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Mupod

how the FUCK are you supposed to get 25 kills with a heavy ammo limited melee weapon in a game where every single person has a shotgun?

how the FUCK are you supposed to get 25 kills with a heavy ammo limited melee weapon in a game where every single person has a shotgun?

I found rumble, plus blink, plus carry more heavy ammo, plus using the shield ability of the sword made that part much, much easier. It's still a pain though.

The Rizza

Question about the Shaxx Crucible Quest Line

I just did the part where I have to win for Dead Orbit, now I have to talk to the thing from Future War Cult. Do I have to rep them on my wins? That means I cant continue this quest until next week as I had just switched to DO for the previous step (assumed we had to)

Nope, you don't have to join each faction for those steps. You can decline it and carry on with the rest of the steps.

Side note: just completed that quest and wowwww did that take soo many crucible matches.

Geist-

Anyone on XB1 got a charged agonarch rune? It's one of the last fragments I need and I'd be ecstatic if a fellow GAF could help me out.

GT: Geist IX

jschreier

CPzJanRVEAAS6yW.jpg

Hell yes.

You can kill people without ammo using the sword and it still counts. Please do this in rumble so you don't hurt your team.

Sword can be pretty decent in PvP in my experience I did the 25 kills legit and it only took a few games.

Trickster

Didn't realize you needed goddamn hadium flakes to upgrade your ToM. Fuck this lol. Less braindead grind in next expansion please bungie

noomi

Had a great Oryx run with a good bunch of guys and gals. Got the handcannon and a 310 pulse, happy noomi.

Thanks to everyone I played with tonight, very fun :)

With that said, it's time for some much needed rest. Night DGAF.

maomaoIYP

The easiest, but unfriendliest way to do it is to party up and play rumble with friends. You can use the sword to get kills without ammo too.

shem935

Banned

You get a fire team of 3 and hit each other with empty swords. Still counts as a kill. Probably complete it in 2 matches.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I vote for making purchasing items take as long as dismantling and infusing them.

I just fell asleep and pressed down on the A button and bought a legendary chest piece for my Titan.

Not even one I wanted.

Moron is me. Haha

Mupod

I'm in a rumble match where every other person is using nothing but a shotgun. This sword hilt crap is so goddamn painful

SnakeEyes

Banned
CPzJanRVEAAS6yW.jpg

Hell yes.
Schreier, you sneak fuck!
Those are some great drops you got there. Hella jealous of the Warlock helmet :)

Go into Rumble with a fireteam, and be in a party chat, so that you can organise a spot to meet up in and bash hilts.

Camp corners and don't forget to block. If you are impatient you can run around using just the hilt, but you will look like an idiot doing so.

JackHerer

Perfectionist only gives back ammo on kills. The black spindle/black hammer perk procs on hits, not kills. So black spindle is good for high DPS against ultras and bosses, perfectionist perk weapons are for use against small mobs and enemies.

Thst makes sense. Still an extremely useful weapon especially with how scarce ammo can be at times now. I did not realize it was class specific. I have a Black Spindle and it does have better stats but it also takes up an exotic slot. I bet I'll be switching between the two a lot. I like how Black Spindle looks a lot more.

Noticed that Black Spindle completely trivializes tank fights, especially the Cabal one before the brothers. Each clip takes like 1/3 of its health off.

Messiek

Guys, earlier today I decrypted 4 exotic engrams with 303 light and they came with 310 light. Now I just decrypted 2 engrams and they came 290.

WTF
Why?!

BraXzy

Not gonna bother with 3oC after this week unless Bungie sorts out whatever is going on with exotic engrams.

6 engrams found, 5 duplicates I already had.

Don't know why I bothered trying to do it legit, should have cheesed all of it xD

zewone

So I just got all the Dead Orbit shaders finally.

FWC time I suppose.

Also, I didn't know there was a shader for getting all the raid armor in the kiosk. I just got that.

Anyone wanna do Oryx?

I lost my spot in my friends' group and now blueberries are creeping on me in the Tower so I'm gonna take a break now. But if you want to do Oryx I'm down for that. A few other people had posted earlier but I didn't hear much back so not sure who all is still looking to do it.

Sullichin

Not gonna bother with 3oC after this week unless Bungie sorts out whatever is going on with exotic engrams.

6 engrams found, 5 duplicates I already had.

Don't know why I bothered trying to do it legit, should have cheesed all of it xD

Game will not stop giving me Crest of Alpha Lupis.

LiK

I lost my spot in my friends' group and now blueberries are creeping on me in the Tower so I'm gonna take a break now. But if you want to do Oryx I'm down for that. A few other people had posted earlier but I didn't hear much back so not sure who all is still looking to do it.

Yea. No one in our group from last night posted about it so I assume we won't get back together for it now. Wanna join me for quick daily?

Two raids. We started blind last Friday,
got through Warpriest and Golgoroth, then started again with the reset this Tuesday, got to Oryx on Wednesday, and beat him tonight.

So 1.6 raids ;) That's some crazy loot from 8 drop chances. I think the primary is guaranteed on your first Oryx kill (same as Crota) but I know people with 0 other drops across 10 loot chances.

Maybe smart loot will actually get smarter over the next few weeks until Heroic launches. If I'm still rocking my blue Ghost by then I might freak out a little.

Top Bottom