• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Running Heroics all day to farm 3oC . I spent 100 strange coins so far and got 6 exotics. All 310 and good ones.

I think It was worth it.
If my math is right that's an exotic roughly every 11 3 of coins (also holy fuck you ran 70 strikes?). I think that's a little below average for what people have reported but 11 3 of coins costs just over 10 strange coins which is cheaper than the cheapest exotic xur can sell, and he doesn't sell them above 280 so yes, certainly worth it and especially so if you got any weapons.

Strider

Ok, what time you think you'll be on?

ill be on most of the morning (starting at like 9est or so) and some in the afternoon. We should be able to knock it out really quick assuming we can find 4 more that are familiar with the fight

LiK

ill be on most of the morning (starting at like 9est or so) and some in the afternoon. We should be able to knock it out really quick assuming we can find 4 more that are familiar with the fight

Ah ok, not sure I'll be up so early but if I am, I'll check in.

xinek

Anyone interested in King's Fall starting at the second boss? I have the checkpoint, but my raiding party seems to have vanished after our intermission.

DNAbro

44/50 fragments

Only one I need left is from Tier 3 CoO. Plan to do it a bit later with a friend. and maybe some help from gaf.

WizzNARD

Depends on which helmet's perks you prefer. Use rockets a lot? Go with Taikonaut. Use blessings? Go with Saint.
True. Been using hammers so it seems like I should do Taikonaut. But Saint 14 seems better for raid, which I haven't done yet so not sure which super would be better. Probably bubble.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just got another alpha lupi. Exotic chest engrams are worthless broken bullshit.

Oscar

Can I save an exotic Gauntlets Engram and redeem it on an alt?

I have all the Titan ones, so don't wanna redeem it on him to get a dupe.

MrDaravon

Just got another alpha lupi. Exotic chest engrams are worthless broken bullshit.

Yup. I think across ~10 Chest engrams all but one has been a Lupi. The weighting on it has to be broken or something. 99% of the time I chalk this shit up to RNG, but this seems to be a universal complaint among everyone I've seen everywhere.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
wow Sealed Ahamkara Grasps are pretty great.

Gunslinger - no 3 knifes, but can then use the fast reload skill, also, shooting an enemy, running out of ammo and then landing a kill with the throwing knife and getting a free ammo refill is great, procs a lot and doesn't need to be a special melee to work, but not sure quite how often, maybe 20%?

Bladedancer - turn invisible more often or heal a bit

Nightstalker - turn invisible more often

tons of xp to level this sucker though, 20+ motes and i still don't have the melee charge increase, but now I want to spec strength, ha, was always discipline before

Arrrammis

Can I save an exotic Gauntlets Engram and redeem it on an alt?

I have all the Titan ones, so don't wanna redeem it on him to get a dupe.
You can, but I don't think it matters which character you open it on. I got about 10 exotic armor engrams, opened them all on my warlock, and only 2 of them were warlock items. (3 titan armor and 5 hunter).

Frenden

Banned
wow Sealed Ahamkara Grasps are pretty great.

Gunslinger - no 3 knifes, but can then use the fast reload skill, also, shooting an enemy, running out of ammo and then landing a kill with the throwing knife and getting a free ammo refill is great, procs a lot and doesn't need to be a special melee to work, but not sure quite how often, maybe 20%?

Bladedancer - turn invisible more often or heal a bit

Nightstalker - turn invisible more often

tons of xp to level this sucker though, 20+ motes and i still don't have the melee charge increase, but now I want to spec strength, ha, was always discipline before

I got them last week. Leveled. Loved. I'm thinking DIS+STR for PvP and INT+STR for PvE are the best builds.

Nirran

Anyone interested in King's Fall starting at the second boss? I have the checkpoint, but my raiding party seems to have vanished after our intermission.

I'd be interested in joining up. My psn name is Nirran. Most of the groups I have joined this week have left at the second boss and I would like to finally clear the place and see everything.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yup. I think across ~10 Chest engrams all but one has been a Lupi. The weighting on it has to be broken or something. 99% of the time I chalk this shit up to RNG, but this seems to be a universal complaint among everyone I've seen everywhere.
Yeah. I mean, anecdotes are anecdotes, but this is pretty blatant. It's clearly broken.

So I did a lot of experimentation with 3oC today. So far I have used 55 of them.

The first 9 I used in strikes, both lvl 36 and picking summoning pits off the map. This net me 1 exotic.

I then went to Draksis to use the remaining 46. I got 4 exotics.

Running strikes: 1 exotic every 9 3oC OR 1 exotic every ~ 1 hour.
Draksis: 1 exotic every 12 3oC OR 1 exotics every ~20 minutes.

Obviously this is a super low sample size. So It's not even close to conclusive.

Farming Draksis takes more 3oC, but takes way less time. In my opinion, if you ONLY want the exotics, it's more efficient to just keep farming there.

I hate dust palace. I really do.

I'm in one with Lik. Will join you after.

Meh i ran dust palace with 2 other gaffers and we destroyed that strike in 10 minutes. We killed all the psions as soon as they spawned with swords, the adds didnt even appear. I dont really see whats wrong with it after playing it quite a few times. A lot of lazy design of "defend this door while the ghost is doing whatever" but a lot of the original strikes have that.

Meh i ran dust palace with 2 other gaffers and we destroyed that strike in 10 minutes. We killed all the psions as soon as they spawned with swords, the adds didnt even appear. I dont really see whats wrong with it after playing it quite a few times. A lot of lazy design of "defend this door while the ghost is doing whatever" but a lot of the original strikes have that.
We had a random quit the moment the strike started. Made it all the way to the boss without anyone else joining. They need to do something about that.

We had a random quit the moment the strike started. Made it all the way to the boss without anyone else joining. They need to do something about that.

Yeah this seems to be happening like 70% of the times im doing strikes. Someone always leaves on the beggining and the useless matchmaking system never replaces them. Pretty shitty.

Yeah this seems to be happening like 70% of the times im doing strikes. Someone always leaves on the beggining and the useless matchmaking system never replaces them. Pretty shitty.

Yep, I don't think I've ever seen someone replaced during a strike I've run, although today I was placed in a strike in progress about half way through.

Oryx is so easy now that it makes that first raid seems like a dream.

Maybe it was.

B58F6315-9E70-4374-91F0-E53351634E35-5218-000003FA3533DC66.jpg

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
So I did a lot of experimentation with 3oC today. So far I have used 55 of them.

The first 9 I used in strikes, both lvl 36 and picking summoning pits off the map. This net me 1 exotic.

I then went to Draksis to use the remaining 46. I got 4 exotics.

Running strikes: 1 exotic every 9 3oC OR 1 exotic every ~ 1 hour.
Draksis: 1 exotic every 12 3oC OR 1 exotics every ~20 minutes.

Obviously this is a super low sample size. So It's not even close to conclusive.

Farming Draksis takes more 3oC, but takes way less time. In my opinion, if you ONLY want the exotics, it's more efficient to just keep farming there.
Yeah I'm thinking this too simply because strikes take so long. Last night I did over 30 strikes for 6 engrams. A pretty spot on rate for drops even though RNG game me a streak of about 15 with nothing in the middle.... However that took hours and hours (about 6 hours? Longer?).

I'm not sure how bungie wants us to use 3 of coins right now. At the moment I'm limited by time more than coins. The thing is they are really designed for farming at the moment because of RNG. If you just pop them casually there's a good chance you'll never get anything. Over a number of hours the drop rate is about 1 in 5 but thanks to RNG you can grind strikes for hours and get nothing at all.

I feel like most people would be better off spending twice and many coins to do it in one tenth of the time. It doesn't help that once you hit 290 blues become almost useless though I guess though so I'm really only hoping for that exotic drop at the end.

Edit: I was also surprised by just how few ledendary engrams dropped. Out of about 30 strikes I only saw 2 . Granted I was running the 36 playlist because too many people drop from the heroic playlist right now but it as lower than I expected anyway considering the Vanguard streak buff.

xinek

Before or after the 2nd boss? I'm after him but don't mind doing him too.

Just before. Looks like there aren't enough takers tonight, so maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

@Nirran -- you were in my group. I'm legilimens. Let's try again later ...

Bogeypop

"Smart" loot is working as intended. Got a Fusion Rifle from W
arpriest
. Hunter Boots from G
olgoroth
(the only worthwhile thing I got in the Raid today), Nothing from D
aughters
, and a duplicate Hunter Chest with LESS Light than the first one I got from O
ryx
, used Shards too and got an Antiquated Rune and no Primary Weapon.

Gonna go stream SOMA and hope that cheers me up.

Top Bottom