• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

sephi22

I have a friend who wants to do the raid fresh. I want to do it from 2nd boss. Don't mind doing either. Anyone up for fresh raids?

I was beginning to believe it wasn't possible.

I finished Shaxx crucible quest line. It was so long and sooo frustrating, extremely happy it's over and done with. Got an arc Hothead rocket launcher, perks it rolled pretty much suck though and it rolls at 150 to start so it's got to be infused a ton.

Welp. I pulled the trigger.

Traded in my PS3, Wii, and their respective games that I no longer play so that I could get a second PS4 for my 13 year old son. TTK is installing as I type this. Can't wait to finally play together after a year of playing apart.

Yeah I'm thinking this too simply because strikes take so long. Last night I did over 30 strikes for 6 engrams. A pretty spot on rate for drops even though RNG game me a streak of about 15 with nothing in the middle.... However that took hours and hours (about 6 hours? Longer?).

I'm not sure how bungie wants us to use 3 of coins right now. At the moment I'm limited by time more than coins. The thing is they are really designed for farming at the moment because of RNG. If you just pop them casually there's a good chance you'll never get anything. Over a number of hours the drop rate is about 1 in 5 but thanks to RNG you can grind strikes for hours and get nothing at all.

I feel like most people would be better off spending twice and many coins to do it in one tenth of the time. It doesn't help that once you hit 290 blues become almost useless though I guess though so I'm really only hoping for that exotic drop at the end.

Edit: I was also surprised by just how few ledendary engrams dropped. Out of about 30 strikes I only saw 2 . Granted I was running the 36 playlist because too many people drop from the heroic playlist right now but it as lower than I expected anyway considering the Vanguard streak buff.

I think they want us to just use them passively. Always have one active and maybe you'll get an exotic. But when you give people the power to get an exotic, of course they will take that and skew it to where they can get it the fastest.

Cruxist

Wow. When remote play works, it really works. Just ran the exotic sword quest. What a rush. A pug that really clicked. 2 arc blades, one solar.

Zoidberg

So I got distracted doing the last part of the skyburners deployment codes (intercept cabal major), and didn't think too much of it as I could just repeat it. Turns out the codes are a one off and you need to start back at the beacon part again....only problem is now I cannot get a beacon to drop from any cabal after a few days. Has anyone else had to repeat it and had success farming a new beacon?

Dead

well not really...yet
So I got distracted doing the last part of the skyburners deployment codes (intercept cabal major), and didn't think too much of it as I could just repeat it. Turns out the codes are a one off and you need to start back at the beacon part again....only problem is now I cannot get a beacon to drop from any cabal after a few days. Has anyone else had to repeat it and had success farming a new beacon?
I got a Beacon when I killed off the Champion after using the previous beacon I had

Fresh Kings Fall raid about to start in 5-10 minutes. Group cleared raid last week, need 1 person to replace one who can't come because irl stuff.

1. Me
2. Cosmos
3. Kilau
4. Camokid
5. Bogeypop - Slayer of Driviks, getter of Spindles
6. ???

Ideally we want someone who knows the fights obviously, if that's not possible, we'll take someone else :)

We downed the king in just over 3 hours. Great run all around guys thank you for my first Oryx clear. :)

hyp

got up to
Golgoroth
in a raid with some gaffers earlier but we had to disband. first timer here but I have the checkpoint. willing to join any group that plans to run it from this point on until the end as well.

PSN: hypoetical

Hmm got a 299 auto rifle, have the same one in 280 so either gonna infuse the 299 into a 290 Hawkmoon or 290 Suros. Which would be better for the raid? According to infusion calculator they would come out at 297.

Is it guaranteed for exotic engrams to be 300+ when you're light level is 300+? Is it just a chance?

Got another 290 hereafter

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8841-1367859684-8.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
my teammates got so hosed...
damn, can't believe the nightfall of all things got me my prize

now I just need some gloves over 290 to equip sos I can use it and I'll be shadesteppin all over the place

edit: Thanks Vault for the invite and for sticking with the attempt! Damn that Warsat! O_O

SeanR1221

now I just need some gloves over 290 to equip sos I can use it and I'll be shadesteppin all over the place

edit: Thanks Vault for the invite and for sticking with the attempt! Damn that Warsat! O_O

That's an awesome helmet. Enjoy.

Man, my character is really held back by gloves (289) and ghost (280) :/

Worth it just to be there for momentous occasion. ;)

That Warsat was nuts you definitely deserve your Graviton for that. That musta been about 30 wipes...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Infusing heavy is the hardest as there doesn't seem to be that many great heavy drops. Trying to get my second and third sword to skip quests part. I guess getting them to 280 will trigger it.

Ryck

Got a
Warpriest
cp anyone want to help me run it? I had to leave during that part of the run and my clan finished it without me -_-.

297 Titan and I know the strat.

PSN: Ryck007

I am thinking in about 30 Minutes or so?

Help would be greatly appreciated I was gutted to miss out on it.

We can just run that part or carry on it doesnt matter to me. :)

SnakeEyes

Banned
After listening to the Kotaku podcast with Luke Smith, I'm amped as hell to find out which of the other story missions have hidden weapons/gear, ala the Black Spindle.

People on Reddit are speculating that the next area to explore is the Omnigul/Rasputin room in the story mission "The Promethian Code."

Ryck

Sorry repost for new page:

Got a
Warpriest
cp anyone want to help me run it? I had to leave during that part of the run and my clan finished it without me -_-.

297 Titan and I know the strat.

PSN: Ryck007

I am thinking in about 30 Minutes or so?

Help would be greatly appreciated I was gutted to miss out on it.

We can just run that part or carry on it doesnt matter to me. :)

Top Bottom