• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Kyne

I'm picking up helium coils for the sword quest but after a few dozen it's still at 0%. Am I doing something wrong? The quest says very clearly helium coils on the moon and solar kills.

You need 10 special drops that proc from collecting the coils. It's usually a 1 in 10 chance.. so you'll need to gather about 100 coils. Should take you a couple of hours.

kidko

289 wearing a bunch of blue crap. Infusing my purples will bring me lower. Onward my slow climb to raid readiness

Edit:

Question: what subclass is warlock using mostly in the raid?

For the new page: King's Fall raid, starting at the first boss as soon as we are full:

1. Duebrithil
2. Vincent Alexander
3. GalacticToast (once his team finishes killing Oryx)
4. edukate (luckydoobage)

Week 1 nightfall - Did it at 282, got a 280 Legendary Auto rifle far worse then what I had. Salvage.

Week 2 nightfall - Did it at 292, got a 281 Legendary Class item far worse then what I had. Salvage.

Week 3 - don't bother.

Even an exotic I don't need would have been nice so I can get the shard.

Jinjo

Looking for one more for Oryx. Preferably someone who has finished it before or knows the encounter. A team of first try'ers is looking to finish it today. We got everything down, just need the perfect run.

Psn: JinjoNL

maomaoIYP

Finally found an elimination match after 30 minutes.
Asshole on my team decides to AFK after we were 3 rounds leading.
Comes back just as the other team smashes us on the 5th round.
Fucking randoms make my blood boil.

So I've been doing some thinking about how PvP has changed for better and worse with 2.0 and felt like writing it up for you guys, so here we go.

Balancing:
2.0 did quite a bit to change weapon balance. This coupled with new subclasses has altered the landscape significantly. The new supers are not well balanced with each other or previous supers. The Sunbreaker super is completely broken in its current form. The issue with Sunbreaker is that you receive an enormous amount of damage resistance while also having a ranged one hit kill with multiple shots. Compare this to golden gun where you have no resistance and have 3 opportunities for a kill and have to be relatively accurate to be successful. Hammers can be tossed a couple more times and have perks allowing for homing as well as health recovery upon kills. This badly needs to be reduced to something like 125% health as opposed to 200% where it seems to be now. Stormcallers also receive significant damage resistance, but it is not so egregious as they have to be close like Bladedancers to be effective. I think reducing range slightly would put them in a good place. Nightstalker is a very fine and average class that fits well with the current balance. My only complaint would be tethers not activating or shutting down supers fast enough. As for weapon balance the best thing that happened was the removal of rerolling. In HoW this made PvP very homogenized with everyone sporting the same loadout of God tier rolled weapons. Unfortunately many players still cling to these weapons making bit frustrating to use current weapons which are much more reasonable. As for actual changes to weapons there is good and bad. Rockets are no longer the only option now that h&h is slightly nerfed, making heavy a pretty even playing field. Sidearms are now useful and quite fun. Fusion rifles seem to be a bit more useful but still not optimal. Shotguns are still ridiculous. Nerfing the OHK range extending perks did far too little to change the landscape. The top impact class of shotgun simply needs to be removed from the game. Snipers are fine. Some have noticed increased auto aim, but I haven't personally. They are still a skill weapon and don't really feel overpowered. Auto rifles are competitive again and feel pretty balanced in terms of range and ttk. Pulse rifles are too prevalent now. They were already the best option in HoW and now everything around them has been nerfed aside from ARs. PR's are too effective both at close band long range beating both HCs And SRs in most encounters. Pulse rifles also make you flinch to much when damaged by them. Hand cannons have been nerfed as a result of 3 excellent ones and now have poor range and are now beaten by pulse rifles at close range. To remedy this hand cannons need better accuracy, especially while moving or jumping, more stability, and more of a staggering effect upon targets. Scout rifles have never been in a great place, but they haven't been terrible either. Currently they just need to be a bit faster or a bit stronger.

Incentive to play/Enjoyability:
Currently there is little reason to play PvP aside from daily matches for legendary marks. Legendary weapons don't seem to drop as frequently as they did in HoW and you no longer make steady progress by earning marks to make up for this. The mark economy alongside the new quests tied to crucible has led to a different type of player spending time in the crucible. Teammates might not care to win since marks are guaranteed, others may leave because they only needed a few kills in the game mode, and some will run around with sword hilts trying to complete a quest. Overall it feels like people are playing PvP because they need to rather than because they want to, making it less fun for everyone. I enjoy the addition of new modes and permanent inclusion of others. Map selection is very poor though. For whatever reason, in the main playlists the Dlc maps are weighted way too heavily making it feel like there are less maps now than a month ago. This would be one thing if the new maps were all enjoyable, but I'm afraid that Sector 618 and Drifter are beyond redemption. Sector is bad for reasons I can't pinpoint, while Drifter is my personal least favorite due to having to wither be trapped in small tunnels are sit in the open while being exposed on all sides. I have little desire to play classic playlists though as I still enjoy Crossroads and Dungeons quite bad bit.

The Future:
I'm very interested to see what the future holds. I hope that they do quarterly balance patches like Luke mentioned. I also eagerly await the return of Iron Banner and Trials as they will bring a more competitive feel to the crucible and encourage players to use new weapons. I also hope Bungie continues to address networking issues such as lag, as well as addressing people playing with extremely poor connections whether maliciously or otherwise.

hyp

anyone doing the raid
sisters
part? have the checkpoint but haven't beaten it yet. down to join.

maomaoIYP

Finally found an elimination match after 30 minutes.
Asshole on my team decides to AFK after we were 3 rounds leading.
Comes back just as the other team smashes us on the 5th round.
Fucking randoms make my blood boil.

And it happened AGAIN! In another match! With another fucking idiot!

Jinjo

#TeamFirstTry lives again!

Just beat Oryx first try
after a night's sleep
with remnants of HM Crota #TeamFirstTry. Awwwww yiiiisssss!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
#TeamFirstTry lives again!

Just beat Oryx first try
after a night's sleep
with remnants of HM Crota #TeamFirstTry. Awwwww yiiiisssss!
It's my charm and
malice
:p

Good stuff. Got the chest piece for my titan so I'm happy.

nOoblet16

See the argument about people playing PvP for their quest and as such not playing for the team does not really hold much weight. It's no different than people trying to finish off bounties in PvP pre 2.0. People are generally bad anyway, it's only during IB that you come across more competitive plays because people play as a team more often then.

Also Sector 618 is bad because of no clear line of sight, there is far too much obstruction and the pathways are narrow. It's the worst map in the game, Drifter is actually great on the other hand. Infact a lot of TTK maps are good, Bannerfall being a top tier map, probably the best map after Rusted Lands.

Secret?

make sure the platforms are up in the right order. always do it counter -clockwise

We've done it several times in the correct order, but no one could pick it up. I haven't been the one between dimensions yet, but nobody else knew what to do once they got to the spark.

We've done it several times in the correct order, but no one could pick it up. I haven't been the one between dimensions yet, but nobody else knew what to do once they got to the spark.

You have to start counter clockwise from the platform after the one the relic is above.

Like if relic is above the bottom left, you have to jump up to the one counterclockwise to it which is bottom right. Then rop right and top left and the last will be the relic platform.

Oscar

Once a person grabs the spark, he is supposed to jump into the bubble of one of the sisters (the one not on fire) and press Square. He then is supposed to immediately run back to the stairs/entrance and meet you guys there, then you all shoot the unprotected sister.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You can't pick it up if the order is wrong. Do not count the platform under the relic, it's the one after that.
So in your case, the second platform is the first, third is the second, 4th is the third.

Top Bottom