• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Thanks guys! Apparently the guide we were following was wrong. It instructed us to
activate platform until spark first. Luckily we only tried a few times, so I don't feel too stupid

nOoblet16

Once a person grabs the spark, he is supposed to jump into the bubble of one of the sisters (the one not on fire) and press Square. He then is supposed to immediately run back to the stairs/entrance and meet you guys there, then you all shoot the unprotected sister.
About grouping up
I feel like my team was the only team so far who actually used the small platforms right underneath the deathsinger's platform to stand and shoot the other deathsinger.

TsuWave

how does matchmaking for court of oryx work? i'm trying to do court of oryx bounty where i have to finish off antiquated rune boss in under 2 minutes and i have been sitting here for ages(currently not in a fireteam) and no other player has popped up. i heard it supports 9 players but since you can't go into the dreadnaught with a fireteam of 6 what is the point of supporting that many?

nOoblet16

We've done it several times in the correct order, but no one could pick it up. I haven't been the one between dimensions yet, but nobody else knew what to do once they got to the spark.
The best way to think ofnit is to go to the platform to the left of the spark...and go anti-clockeise from there

nOoblet16

that actually sounds easier, good shit.
You need to have the ads cleared though, otherwise everyone is just standing there ready to be hit..while they are blinded by the flash..or build a bubble. But that's the same if you group up elsewhere...it's actually easier to kill ads from the platform since you can see both sides.

I have a feeling that everyone will go there for hardmode as we would need quick grouping up, there is no other reason for that platform to exist.

Gordon

how does matchmaking for court of oryx work? i'm trying to do court of oryx bounty where i have to finish off antiquated rune boss in under 2 minutes and i have been sitting here for ages(currently not in a fireteam) and no other player has popped up. i heard it supports 9 players but since you can't go into the dreadnaught with a fireteam of 6 what is the point of supporting that many?
If you zone out two zones away and come back you can get a new instance. I did that a few times until I got into one with a couple randoms and then after running a couple tier 1s sent them party invites. Each of us invited more people to our fireteams and the 9 man fireteam was born. Makes the tier 3s a joke as long as most if not all players are 290+. Screenlag gets pretty bad though, particularly when one of the tier 1 or 2s runs with the three wizards.

Rehsa

Well we made it to
Deathsingers
in about 7 hours with an hour break going in blind :)

Thanks to Azys, g3ud0, pyrandes, SJay1994, and Xplicit. That was a fucking blast

pyrandes

Well we made it to
Deathsingers
in about 7 hours with an hour break going in blind :)

Thanks to Azys, g3ud0, pyrandes, SJay1994, and Xplicit. That was a fucking blast

It was quite fun! Thanks to the group for having me along! We'll get that encounter next time!

I kept going back to orbit and back down again to get in a new instance and hope there are more players around. Players that have played Crota raid before... Wasted some time yesterday with people who had no idea what to do in it.

Finally found an elimination match after 30 minutes.
Asshole on my team decides to AFK after we were 3 rounds leading.
Comes back just as the other team smashes us on the 5th round.
Fucking randoms make my blood boil.

Spent about two hours trying to win two skirmish matches and two salvage matches today, solely because randoms kept leaving. Playing small team based modes in Destiny with randoms is awful.

Ambitious

It has always bothered me how the description of the Daily Heroic does not include the missions's name. Anyway, it's Regicide today.

So the guaranteed legendary engram you get for completing the daily heroic strike always drops from the last boss ? I thought it was a reward you get on the end screen.

Wallach

Yep, long ass Reddit thread reports the same https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...o_not_use_the_firefly_perk_on_the_future_war/

The grinding with all the quests and getting all characters up to speed finally caught up with me last night and I hit the proverbial brick wall mentally and physically, all the flashing etc at
the sisters
was the tipping point

A good nights sleep and I'm ready to go again :d Just need to finish the post story quests to get the sword and NF on my Titan, 2x Court quests, 25 pvp kills on one character for the exotic sword then grind out Hadium flakes and materials for 3 of them, finish collecting fragments/flakes for the ToM then I think i'm up to speed

Had this crash on my raid PR tonight, so it appears to just be Firefly in general. Sucks because I really like that PR.

I kept going back to orbit and back down again to get in a new instance and hope there are more players around. Players that have played Crota raid before... Wasted some time yesterday with people who had no idea what to do in it.

The CoO is a great idea with terrible implementation. It suffers from the same problem Public Events have always had. Ghost Town instances. They really need to find a way to get more players there. It needs to a actively seek out instances where players are present to add you in, otherwise it's broken.

I usually load in 3-5 times before finding one that is active with a Fireteam playing.

6 hour blind raid quick thoughts for now! Before the spoilery stuff, Blind raid beats all. It takes more time but it's so worth it. So much satisfaction in figuring out the problems, working with what we have, and coming together as a team. Just the little things we suggest to improve and watching the progress we make and then to come out victorious, it's just too good. We didn't go all the way but...

What a fantastic run! We got to Golgoroth and failed quite a few times and took an hour break and came back swinging. Made so many little improvements along the way and once we knew everything, it was about getting the timing down. So good! The jumping puzzles were hilarious and tons of fun. Both encounters prior were great, too. Figuring out how to finally tell which ones to go. It was like ahh!

Couldnt figure out the sisters at all. We would get to the top with the beacon/icon from the platforms, well just the 1 person that's between dimensions, and couldn't do anything. Writing this now made me have an idea.. What if the extra person aka the 5th, has to follow the person in between dimensions to make it work?! There are 2 sisters after all and 2 dimensions.. Hmmmmm.....

Love this new raid. It's fantastic. And I love the length. So so good. It helps to have a great group of guys as well.

So far I got the ghost shell and I'm proud! All my work from morning and afternoon with no progress I jumped from 293 to 296. Specing and preparing my best gear/loadout for the Spindle mission really helped.

The only thing is I wish I didn't hear any names of bosses on here. A couple of times, especially after Golgoroth, that I would have thought Oryx was next. But I knew what was yet to come in terms of boss names. Oh well not that big of a deal. It doesn't take away for how awesome it all is

About grouping up
I feel like my team was the only team so far who actually used the small platforms right underneath the deathsinger's platform to stand and shoot the other deathsinger.
I pointed it out to my teams but the warlocks cried that it takes too long to get up there so whatever

Jinjo

Only problem starting fresh on a different console. I now have almost zero weapon parts/motes/coins. I miss being rich

I accidently deleted my weapon parts while levelling up gear with motes of light. It sucks now being able to upgrade stuff because you're missing weapon parts :(

I accidently deleted my weapon parts while levelling up gear with motes of light. It sucks now being able to upgrade stuff because you're missing weapon parts :(

Ouch. That would hurt. I just hate having to be careful about what I upgrade or infuse because constantly broke.

Never ceases to amaze me how people from LFG etc can die so often in basic content.

anx10us

Banned
I'm still not sure if I'm using 3oC correctly. Is it used at the start of each Strike?

Yes before each Ultra boss, it will get used each time an Ultra dies, check in your character and you should have a badge with an XI in it to show the 3oC is active. If you die it remains active, it only dissapears when you have used it as a chance against an Ultra ..

To be clear you don't need one per strike, you only need one per Ultra boss kill ... so if you fail a strike/NF you wont need another 3oC, just check your character screen if you are unsure ...

Ambitious

I'm still not sure if I'm using 3oC correctly. Is it used at the start of each Strike?

If you run just one strike, it doesn't matter. It stays active until you kill an Ultra.

However, if you're playing multiple strikes:
We don't know whether the ToC's cooldown starts from the moment you use it or the moment you kill an Ultra with it. If it's the latter, using it at the beginning of a strike will basically ensure the cooldown hasn't run out yet. Thus, reduced chance for an exotic. That's why I use them right before the boss, in order to maximize the time since the last usage.

Top Bottom