• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Acidote

Ok guys, those were a lot of CoO and now I have to go. I'll ask you around for help when I have time to do the chaperone strike ;-)

Thanks Raybunzy, Drizz, Deathjr and everyone else. And I hope you liked the poison chest sword warded opening.

Siaynoqq

Vendor Vanguard pulse rifle with head seeker and full auto and can nearly max stability. Plus Hakke so get 4th shot in burst. HOLY SHIT. This thing is going to be a crucible beast.

Withnail

Hi DGAF

Is the newbie raid still a thing? I've never done VoG and what to see what it's about before deciding whether to buy all the DLC. I've got a level 29 character now after playing solo a bit since the 2.0 patch. Would love to sign up for a newbie raid or maybe even get a group together for semi-regular play. In the UK by the way.

Kyoufu

If you run just one strike, it doesn't matter. It stays active until you kill an Ultra.

However, if you're playing multiple strikes:
We don't know whether the ToC's cooldown starts from the moment you use it or the moment you kill an Ultra with it. If it's the latter, using it at the beginning of a strike will basically ensure the cooldown hasn't run out yet. Thus, reduced chance for an exotic. That's why I use them right before the boss, in order to maximize the time since the last usage.

Okay, I'll try it just before bosses.

Ok guys, those were a lot of CoO and now I have to go. I'll ask you around for help when I have time to do the chaperone strike ;-)

Thanks Raybunzy, Drizz, Deathjr and everyone else. And I hope you liked the poison chest sword warded opening.

CoO is always fun with a team, catch you later.

kudoboi

okay guys, what is the quickest way to rank up eris morn to rank 5? i need to do that to get the rest of the hunger pang quest

against my better judgment, after drinking with a friend tonight i immediately looked to get into my first go at the oryx raid. i feel like it went pretty dang well and we got him. but now i have a killer headache. i'm going to bed.

maomaoIYP

/u/artaru on REDDIT:

1) Finish exotic sword on character A
2) Build second sword on character B with hadium flakes
3) Transfer legendary second sword to character A through the vault
4) Fully level up and infuse second sword to 280+ on character A
5) On character A, go talk to Lord Shaxx and he will give you a quest to go collect planetary materials and kill things with the appropriate subclass elemental abilities.

This allows you to the skip the time consuming step before that, which is to kill in pvp and kill majors with your sword.

Fuck me. I haven't finished exotic sword on character A.
I used character A to fully upgrade character B's sword.
Now shaxx won't give me shit. I can only hope that once the exotic sword quest goes away he will give me the quest again.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Finally get Hunter to 300. Decrypt that Helmet engram I've been sitting on.

310 Knucklehead Radar.

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ambitious

Thanks to the weapons from my other two characters, faction packages and a few blue engrams, my Titan went from 160 to 285 light within a few minutes. Nice.

rc213

Fuck me. I haven't finished exotic sword on character A.
I used character A to fully upgrade character B's sword.
Now shaxx won't give me shit. I can only hope that once the exotic sword quest goes away he will give me the quest again.

I'm working on this, Got all 3 swords on my Titan, Turned in Kill Ectar quest and he gave me 3 sword reforged quest. One for each sword, Done with Arc and Fire, Just need void....

If you're a Titan for the love of God don't choose Void sword.

maomaoIYP

I'm working on this, Got all 3 swords on my Titan, Turned in Kill Ectar quest and he gave me 3 sword reforged quest. One for each sword, Done with Arc and Fire, Just need void....

I'm a hunter, I should be able to get all three no problem. Poor titans though...
Edit: but thanks for the info though, looks like I can still get my quests.

I already did, I am in for the long haul with my sword. Bungie should let you change the element once so you don't get screwed over by this.

Schryver

Getting closer to finishing exotic sword quest line, collected fragments and am working on Touch of Malice quest line, went from 293 to 294, and got Telesto. Not a bad night. May be looking for a raid tonight!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Think I have the checkpoint mate, my boys did it this morning so if you can get the numbers Im down later.
My group last night got to
Oryx
(with the help of Ikkarus)

We beat the
Daughters
, and then stopped right after that because we'd been at it for a few hours.

deoee

HOLY SHIT THE EXOTIC SWORD QUEST IS ATROCIOUS AND FUCKING BORING AND SHIT AND MY GOD WHO DESIGNED THIS PIECE OF CRAP?! - deoee after spending 3 hours for the material gathering and trying to get the solar kills as a Hunter.

Lol I made sure I picked my swords based on the easiest way to get ability kills. Hunter - Arc sword, Titan - Solar, Warlock - void.

Eccocid

Another raid virgin here, currently at around 265 light with Titan. Once I was in a VoG raid with ppl who had finished it zillion times before, so it wasn't super fun when everyone except me knew what to to. So if anyone here who wants to do blind raids add me on psn GimmeCat (I am at gmt +2).

HOLY SHIT THE EXOTIC SWORD QUEST IS ATROCIOUS AND FUCKING BORING AND SHIT AND MY GOD WHO DESIGNED THIS PIECE OF CRAP?! - deoee after spending 3 hours for the material gathering and trying to get the solar kills as a Hunter.

Bad Juju + Siege of the Warmind will help with the ability kills. There's no solution for the farming nonsense.

top of page edit: coffee is so good

Top Bottom