• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Farming Hadium Flakes is too boring, I'd rather do random CoO and get Eris rep. Every rank seems to give out 12-20 Hadium Flakes and you get a ton of engrams.
Might not be the fastest way, but at least it's more fun imo.

Ambitious

giphy.gif

Do it.

Wait I was supposed to stop you... Umm keep anything that's strongly sentimental or useful in normal Crucible if you even care enough about normal Crucible. I'm keeping my raid, Trials, and Iron Banner sets for now. Most Y1 exotics too.

i see no reason not to IF you already completed the Armsday Legendary and Exotic quests

HoW weapons are still pretty boss in the crucible so dont ditch those

Save some legendaries for the Gunsmith quests if you haven't done them all. Handcannons, Snipers, fusions, shotguns, Rifles. scouts.

Alright. Let's start with exotic weapons. I'm gonna dismantle:

Primary: Hard Light, Universal Remote, Thorn, Vex, No Land Beyond, Red Death. I'm gonna keep Bad Juju and MIDA, in case I ever need quick supers or more agility.
Special: Invective, Lord of Wolves, Pocket Infinity, Plan C, Queenbreakers Bow, Patience and Time, Icebreaker, Dreg's Promise.
Heavy: Super Good Advice, Dragon's Breath, Gjallarhorn. I'm gonna keep Truth, just in case I ever need rocket launcher kills in the Crucible (e.g. for a bounty).

As for armor:

Helmets: Apotheosis Veil, Skull of Dire Ahamkara, Glasshouse, Arachnid, Nighthawk, Mask of the Third Man, Eternal Warrior. I'm keeping Ram, Achlyophage Symbiote and Helm of Inmost Light for the Crucible.
Gauntlets: Sunbreakers, Khepri's Sting, No Backup Plans, Feedback Fence.
Chest: Lucky Raspberry. I'm keeping Sunfire Protocol and Arnamentarium. Again, both are useful for the Crucible (grenade kills).
Boots: Dance Machines, Peregrine Greaves, Stand Asides. Keeping Bones of Eao for obvious purposes.

darknil

Baby crota is a rotating Tier 3 boss each week, thats what you did :p

I think only the guy who use the rune gets 100% drops. It auto from the looks of it.

Thalnok is the tier 3 boss. Tier 3 bosses rotate weekly. The chest can only be opened by the person who used the rune, but it might still drop one or two engrams for other players.

Thanks!

Also, I've sharded my HoW weapons since I've seen things like Party Crasher droping at 280s in crucible now. I guess the "intelligent" loot system can now start taking this weapon again in account?

Oh Party Crasher, you helped me in Skolas so much.

I'll shard my Y1 exotics except from the Vex (crucible) and the Gally (feels) and maaaaybe Ice Breaker?

deafmedal

Ugggh, I woke up too early this morning :p

Our blind group did pretty good me thinks, made it to the final boss, but we were missing something. Called it around 4 this morning, I could barely talk and was exhausted! Nice to continue my tradition of blind runs- and not getting the final kill ;P

Got a ghost and armband, both upgrades that bumped me to 297.
Will probably have to wear red/blue and green/white shaders every time I run this, didn't see any warp pipes tho!

Gonna message everyone, I would love to finish this raid with the guys I started with (for the first time)!

Good job ori0n, Beast, MWZ, Store(gafname?lol), and Radical- you lot were fantastic :)

Arrrammis

Kings Raid starting at G
olgoroth
PS4
1. Arrrammis
2. Nirran

Experience preferred(but not required!), please be at least light 290. Starting as soon as we're full!

matmanx1

On a whim I tried out KF for the first time last night. All 6 of us who went in were completely blind in regards to the raid so it was interesting and fun to watch us figure out how to do the first couple of sections.

In particular
the jumping across the dreadnaughts
was pretty cool and unexpected and it took everyone really observing everything carefully for a good few minutes before we could figure out what to do.

We had 5 during and up to the
Warpriest door
but figured out pretty quickly that you need 6 people for that. Once we figured out how it worked that section actually seemed rather easy. The only letdown was that only 2 out of the 6 of us got the
raid ghost
which left the rest of us pretty jealous.

Once we got in to the actual
Warpriest encounter
we figured out pretty quickly how to spawn and engage him but by that time one of our members had to go so we didn't really get to try him out very well.

It seems like his
enrage timer
is very fast. For those of you who have cleared this, when does the
enrage timer
start?

Deku Tree

It is utterly horrible that Bungie locked the only 310 or even 301+ Artifact obtainable in the game behind the insanely long Taken War Quest. I did it once but I don't at all want to do it a second or a third time.

ich00

New page repost!

RAID TIME!!!!

Hey DGaf, I am going to try and get a group together for a full King's fall raid tonight , roughly between 8-9pm EST. I'll be joined by 2 non-gaffers, so will need 3 other brave souls to help us complete it. I'll start a PSN chat with whoever wants in so that we can coordinate an exact time and what not. Disclaimer: we haven't finished the raid yet, got the Golgoroth and couldn't get him dead.

1. Me! ichabod00
2. my brother
3. no gaf friend

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So people are using Strikes to get calcified fragments now huh? 3rd one in a row people have obtained the fragments then left.

SkylineRKR

Sick

That actually sounds like a better roll than I got.

Icarus and Third Eye/Danger Close

It still just a great high damage base weapon though so I use it anyways

Been using it in vanguard strike. Holy shit this thing is good. If I had known I wouldn't have bought Suros.

This one is like a better MIDA multitool with firefly added on top of it. Looks lovely and dat scopes.

nbraun80

On a whim I tried out KF for the first time last night. All 6 of us who went in were completely blind in regards to the raid so it was interesting and fun to watch us figure out how to do the first couple of sections.

In particular
was pretty cool and unexpected and it took everyone really observing everything carefully for a good few minutes before we could figure out what to do.

Warpriest door
but figured out pretty quickly that you need 6 people for that. Once we figured out how it worked that section actually seemed rather easy. The only letdown was that only 2 out of the 6 of us got the
raid ghost

Warpriest encounter
we figured out pretty quickly how to spawn and engage him but by that time one of our members had to go so we didn't really get to try him out very well.

It seems like his
enrage timer
enrage timer
start?

you basically have 4 attempts to dips him before he wipes you, so you wanna aim for about 25% health per time.

Gammacide

So all of you Touch of Malice guys, how did you get all the fragments? I'm missing 3 for the 45 and 1 more that is available: 1 from the Skyburners "quest" which I failed once and I hope drops again, then 2 from specific CoO bosses, and 1 from the Agonarch rune.

Are the bosses in 3rd level CoO really weekly?
Can I only get a fragment during the week a boss is selected?
Does the Skyburners pass drop again?
Does it take forever to charge the Agonarch rune?
Sorry, so many questions.
And where are the last 4(?) missing fragments??

ocean

Banned

In particular

Warpriest door
raid ghost

Warpriest encounter

It seems like his
enrage timer
enrage timer
start?
I didn't even know
he had an enrage timer. Did you actually see the red "Enrage is near!" Message? Or were you just wiping to a black and white swirly screen after damaging him? Because if it's the latter, it just means you weren't well positioned to defend against his "special attack" which he does after every round of damage. I don't know if you want me to spoil the full mechanics of the fight for you so I'll leave it at that for now.

This encounter has a mechanically limited number of times you can attack him so I don't imagine an actual enrage timer being a thing. But I haven't experimented enough to know.

So all of you Touch of Malice guys, how did you get all the fragments? I'm missing 3 for the 45 and 1 more that is available: 1 from the Skyburners "quest" which I failed once and I hope drops again, then 2 from specific CoO bosses, and 1 from the Agonarch rune.

Four fragments have not been found yet (#43-45, 48), but considering #47 and #49 are from T3 CoO, I assume that #48 is also from T3 CoO (maybe we can get this one next reset). You can indeed only get the fragment from the weekly boss, but you have to be the one that puts the rune in. You can get 3 charges per day for the Agonarch rune if you switch over the rune between characters or you can try to find someone with a charged rune to do the event. There's a glitch in the event and it charges your rune as well. Unfortunately I can't answer your question about the Skyburner's Pass.

JayHayabusa

Good morning DGAF.

We have a place open for tonight's raid. Cilonen had to drop out.

King's Fall Raid - 8pm CET - 6pm GMT - Full run

1. Mindlog - 299 - Experienced Oryx Raider
3. Jayforone - 296 - First time Oryx Raider (that's me :))
4. MandrakeUK - 297
5. Icyturds - 296 (might be higher now)
6. Mr-Stephen - 296 - First time Oryx raider

Everyone is welcome. Please add me on PSN.

Dunlop

The perk of the Don't Touch Me gauntlets is amazing.

It's instant aggro loss

Edit didn't realize they were year 2 lol Thought it was new to TTK

Blunoise

Can anyone confirm that the warlock omnigol bond can drop at the lvl 16 strike will of crota? Or do I need to do legacy playlist

I've got a charged agonarch rune if anyone wants to tag along and charge theirs. psn is jiza88

Yes, please.

Big thanks to both of you for the help on this. I never would have bothered to do that on my own.

I now have another charged Ag. Rune in my pocket if someone else needs to do it.

You got the one from the Nightfall then?
I didn't :(

Apparently so. Must have gotten very lucky, I don't remember it at all. Very lame that they had two timed exclusive fragments the first week when you can only miss one and still get the ToM :-/

ocean

Banned

1. They are weekly. This week's is the second out of a probable total of 3 Tier 3 bosses. Each one has an attendant Calcified Fragment you can only get by popping the Antiquated Rune yourself.
2. It does drop, but it's random.
3. Normally 1 charge per day. You can go faster by transferring to alts (for 3 a day) or by joining someone who has his charged into the event - the named Majors in that fight will let you charge it enough to max it and open the chest with them at the end.
4. Out of the 4 undiscovered Fragments, 1 is almost certainly the reward for next week's Tier 3 boss (speculated to be a Wizard called Balwûr). The other 3, as well as 4 Dead Ghosts, have not yet been discovered at all.

DNAbro

Got to 301 with gear I like to use for the raid. So happy about that. If I get Touch of Malice soon I'll be 100% golden for the raid.

Gammacide

Four fragments have not been found yet (#43-45, 48), but considering #47 and #49 are from T3 CoO, I assume that #48 is also from T3 CoO (maybe we can get this one next reset). You can indeed only get the fragment from the weekly boss, but you have to be the one that puts the rune in. You can get 3 charges per day for the Agonarch rune if you switch over the rune between characters or you can try to find someone with a charged rune to do the event. There's a glitch in the event and it charges your rune as well. Unfortunately I can't answer your question about the Skyburner's Pass.
Ah, ok. Thanks for the quick and thorough response! I was worried about CoO being a restrictive factor sadly. Looks like I'll try and charge my Agonarch and keep killing Cabal and hope for a Skyburners pass drop. Amazing that I feel like I am never going to have enough time to properly focus on my alts. There is just so much to do in this game now!!

Deku Tree

This is my theory.

Sleeper Stimulant is a gunsmith quest.
Time to Explain is a rare drop from
Oryx on heroic or challenge mode.

Kinda ready for IB.

There's been a severe lack of gaf crucible trains since TTK launched.

Crucible is boring now :-/

It's filled with people just doing Daily marks, bounties, and quests. We played a team earlier where half the guys were running around with sword hilts the entire match. Weapon balancing helped some but not nearly enough especially with shotguns. Rift is a terrible substitute for CTF, just people camping the Spark all day. Trials ruined me for other modes, 6v6 is just bad in general.

noomi

Hadium flakes... Never again.

- Touch of Malice = 50
- Malice Upgrades = 30
- Void Sword = 25
- Solar Sword = 25
- Arc Sword = 25

Total: 155 Hadium Flakes

I'm done, right? Theres nothing else...?

ocean

Banned
Very lame that they had two timed exclusive fragments the first week when you can only miss one and still get the ToM :-/
I think only 1 was time exclusive during the first week (the first Tier 3 CoO). There were 45 discovered fragments so getting ToM required finding them all.

That one left rotation this week but was replaced by another, so the process for getting ToM is a) the same if you skipped week 1's Tier 3 - get everything or b) you get to skip 1 if you have both weeks' Tier 3.

By next week you'll be able to either skip 2 if you've done all the Tier 3s (as 47 will have been made available), or once again just get all 45 available ones if you skipped week1+2 Tier 3s.

So it's gotten a little easier if you've been CoO'ing but at worst if you missed super ogre it's not harder than it was week 1, just equal.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Hadium flakes... Never again.

- Touch of Malice = 50
- Malice Upgrades = 30
- Void Sword = 25
- Solar Sword = 25
- Arc Sword = 25

Total: 155 Hadium Flakes

I'm done, right? Theres nothing else...?

You need
more for something later on.

Not really. Maybe. Who knows.

Another quick and successful raid this morning. Got two more ghosts(one for each toon now, fusion, and bond for my warlock. The raid refuses to give me armor.

I will need a fresh run with my Titan still. I might do that tomorrow.

Void and Solar exotic sword quests good to go for next week as well.

Gammacide

1. They are weekly. This week's is the second out of a probable total of 3 Tier 3 bosses. Each one has an attendant Calcified Fragment you can only get by popping the Antiquated Rune yourself.
2. It does drop, but it's random.
3. Normally 1 charge per day. You can go faster by transferring to alts (for 3 a day) or by joining someone who has his charged into the event - the named Majors in that fight will let you charge it enough to max it and open the chest with them at the end.
4. Out of the 4 undiscovered Fragments, 1 is almost certainly the reward for next week's Tier 3 boss (speculated to be a Wizard called Balwûr). The other 3, as well as 4 Dead Ghosts, have not yet been discovered at all.
And thank you too! Looks like I've got some CoO to do today. Good thing it is SO much more fun than PoE! Lots of work to be done on the Dreadnaught today.

Top Bottom