• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

So all of you Touch of Malice guys, how did you get all the fragments? I'm missing 3 for the 45 and 1 more that is available: 1 from the Skyburners "quest" which I failed once and I hope drops again, then 2 from specific CoO bosses, and 1 from the Agonarch rune.

Are the bosses in 3rd level CoO really weekly?
Can I only get a fragment during the week a boss is selected?
Does the Skyburners pass drop again?
Does it take forever to charge the Agonarch rune?
Sorry, so many questions.
And where are the last 4(?) missing fragments??
It won't take forever ever to charge if you charge the same rune with all three characters.

I think only 1 was time exclusive during the first week (the first Tier 3 CoO). There were 45 discovered fragments so getting ToM required finding them all.

That one left rotation this week but was replaced by another, so the process for getting ToM is a) the same if you skipped week 1's Tier 3 - get everything or b) you get to skip 1 if you have both weeks' Tier 3.

By next week you'll be able to either skip 2 if you've done all the Tier 3s (as 47 will have been made available), or once again just get all 45 available ones if you skipped week1+2 Tier 3s.

So it's gotten a little easier if you've been CoO'ing but at worst if you missed super ogre it's not harder than it was week 1, just equal.

Ah ok, I thought he was saying one was limited by the NFall but I guess that's just completing any NFall? Not really sure how these fragments work...

That 4 minute double post ;_;

Need three more for Oryx on PS4

1. Unknown837 (me)
2. kartik21
3. Defuser
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

If you still need folks I can hop in real quick.

Remember to put your Armsday orders in before reset tonight

Good call. I totally forgot to bother last week. Armsday stuff has fallen into the "too grindy to bother" bucket. They aren't that bad, I just don't care much about any of the weapons or exotics. Sounds like Warlock exotic Scout is legit but I have 0 Gunsmith rep with my Warlock.

Raybunny

1 spot for a fast Gorgo. I am helping a friend. One that knows the fight is appreciated since he doesnt have much time.

Edit: FULL

Need 3 for a fresh raid. It's our first time but we're all 295+ and we've seen a bit of the strategies. Somebody with experience would be helpful, but as long as you're 290 or so I think we'll be okay. Looking to start when we're full.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

1) Dr_Lawyercop
2) Friend
3) Friend
4)
5)
6)

That 4 minute double post ;_;

If you still need folks I can hop in real quick.

Good call. I totally forgot to bother last week. Armsday stuff has fallen into the "too grindy to bother" bucket. They aren't that bad, I just don't care much about any of the weapons or exotics. Sounds like Warlock exotic Scout is legit but I have 0 Gunsmith rep with my Warlock.

Interested.

Ok great, just need one more.

Whats your PSN ID, UMGAWA?

Has anyone got a plan to do either Vault of Glass or Crota's End? I haven't done either and have owned Destiny since day one, would appreciate any help from experienced people.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm at 41/50 fragments on my 'lock. I know 1 is in the raid, 1 is this week's T3 CoO which I need to do, and the other two I have no idea where to get because I've been picking them up on alts as well. Damn it.

ocean

Banned
Ah ok, I thought he was saying one was limited by the NFall but I guess that's just completing any NFall? Not really sure how these fragments work...
Last week's NF was the Sunless Cell but you didn't need it to be the NF to find the Fragment in that Strike. Probably confusion.

The Fragments are overwhelmingly just lying on the floor like Dead Ghosts. Like the Ghosts, most can be found on Patrol but a few are hidden in instances which only open up for specific Strikes or Missions (and the Raid, in this case).

Some fragments are not lying there on the floor and are rewards for some specific achievement. Off the top of my head, those are:

1. The "scent" chest
2. The "slow opening" chest (pop a bubble, or go as a Bladedancer, or Radiant Skin)
3. Reward from opening your first "named" chest (requires Key of _____)
4. Skyburners Pass event
5. Agonarch rune reward
6. Last week's Tier 3 CoO
7. This week's Tier 3 CoO
8, 9, 10, 11. Specific combinations of bosses in Tier 2 CoO
13. Very likely from next reset's Tier 3

Note: these CoO rewards only come up if you're the person who summoned it by using a Rune. Participating in someone else's won't give them to you.

A genius Redditor took the time to make this beauty:
jVuBnst.png

Strider

Why are people so convinced Malice will be nerfed?

It's great in
2 sections of the raid (Oryx and Sisters)
both of which are easily done without the malice and it's just a solid gun in any other encounter. The only way this changes is if
hard mode is ridiculous bullshit and basically requires the malice
which is really really unlikely. The entire point of the Malice is just to make your raid runs easier so it's working as intended.

As for the exotic swords... Well... I haven't used one myself but swords in general seem pretty OP. Wouldn't be surprised if those are nerfed but we'll see.

Take them slow, when you're not doing anything else. I'm doing my 2nd planetary mats grind in as many days and this is not fun. The Hadium Flakes aren't as bad though IMO.
If Ray is busy I can definitely help you with a lot of the fragments also, pretty sure I'm done getting friends through the raid for the week.

Awesome, thanks for the offer. I will take you up on that if I decide to grind out the last 17 I need.

Slow and steady is the right idea, I'm just bad at it. I do "all or nothing" so I either raid until my eyes fall out or ignore something completely.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just got a 300 atk answering chord from vanguard rep up, but its final perk is improved aim while crouching. Bleh

ocean

Banned
Why are people so convinced Malice will be nerfed?

It's great in
2 sections of the raid (Oryx and Sisters)
both of which are easily done without the malice and it's just a solid gun in any other encounter. The only way this changes is if
hard mode is ridiculous bullshit and basically requires the malice
which is really really unlikely.

As for the exotic swords... Well... I haven't used one myself but swords in general seem pretty OP. Wouldn't be surprised if those are nerfed but we'll see.
I don't think it will be nerfed. Seems super well balanced. I do think that not taking any damage from it in those sections is just a bug though. It's god tier for ad control while people rush to their
bombs
to make sure they come back alive, and does ridiculous DPS but I can't shake the feeling it's not intended to be that effective there :p

Good morning DGAF.

We have a place open for tonight's raid. Cilonen had to drop out.

King's Fall Raid - 8pm CET - 6pm GMT - Full run

1. Mindlog - 299 - Experienced Oryx Raider
3. Jayforone - 296 - First time Oryx Raider (that's me :))
4. MandrakeUK - 297
5. Icyturds - 296 (might be higher now)
6. Mr-Stephen - 296 - First time Oryx raider

Everyone is welcome. Please add me on PSN.

Jay I believe Icy can not make it unfortunately so we will have two spots.

SeanR1221

Looking for 4 for a fresh raid run. Message me on ps4! SeanR1221

1. SeanR1221
2. My cousin
3. Taken
4. Taken
5. Taken

Need one more!

DNAbro

I don't think it will be nerfed. Seems super well balanced. I do think that not taking any damage from it in those sections is just a bug though. It's god tier for ad control while people rush to their
bombs
to make sure they come back alive, and does ridiculous DPS but I can't shake the feeling it's not intended to be that effective there :p

I wouldn't be surprised if they designed the gun in with the Oryx encounter in mind.

Luis_23

Need 3 for a fresh raid. It's our first time but we're all 295+ and we've seen a bit of the strategies. Somebody with experience would be helpful, but as long as you're 290 or so I think we'll be okay. Looking to start when we're full.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

1) Dr_Lawyercop
2) Friend
3) Friend
4)
5)
6)

If there is still room I wouldn't mind joining. This is my first time though :/ lvl 294 hunter PSN Felyx.

Eric WK

I wouldn't be surprised if they designed the gun in with the Oryx encounter in mind.

Seriously, it plays directly into the mechanics of the invincibility auras. I have a very hard time believing they didn't intend for this. Particularly with how well thought out all of TTK is.

Shito

Entire raid knocked out for the first time. 300 ghost, 302 pulse and 307 hand cannon. Not one piece of armor. Go smart loot!
I'm with you, got a 300 ghost, 302 cloak, and 310 auto rifle.
At least that last one will be good infusion material.

Also, during our raid run yesterday,
one of my regular team members decided she had enough of all those jumping sections, so she just decided to... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcd305dLrp0
The moment she nearly loses her rythm is when two of us are telling her she'd better have enough ammos to make it, because she was gonna end up on youtube. :D

I'm with you, got a 300 ghost, 302 cloak, and 310 auto rifle.
At least that last one will be good infusion material.

Also, during our raid run yesterday,
one of my regular team members decided she had enough of all those jumping sections, so she just decided to... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcd305dLrp0
The moment she nearly loses her rythm is when two of us are telling her she'd better have enough ammos to make it, because she was gonna end up on youtube. :D

LOL that is quality.

Top Bottom