• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just got.

9qutrBl.png

Only because of a death early on, it would have been 3 if that didn't happen. There were 3 or 4 total using it.

Hmm it always seems like the total damage per cycle is locked behind the blights so it wasn't clear to me that fewer cycles is possible. What's confusing is that the hit markers don't change. So, when you damage him before the blights go off a sniper does 4-5k and his health bar doesn't really move. Then you snipe him while they're exploding and it does the same damage but his health drops.

As long as we detonated all blights, nobody died, and we shot him while they exploded the damage seemed basically the same. I guess it's good if you can speed up the encounter but it's conveyed so poorly to the player (compare that to Time's Vengeance).

It was probably the shade of oryx in the bubble, that counts as an ultra.

We're probably getting too lax with the spoiler tags btw.

sorry

white, white everywhere

the blights do the damage to oryx, the weapon damage numbers on our weapons don't mean anything. we just need strong, continuous dps on him to stagger him.

oSoLucky

Hmm it always seems like the total damage per cycle is locked behind the blights so it wasn't clear to me that fewer cycles is possible. What's confusing is that the hit markers don't change. So, when you damage him before the blights go off a sniper does 4-5k and his health bar doesn't really move. Then you snipe him while they're exploding and it does the same damage but his health drops.

As long as we detonated all blights, nobody died, and we shot him while they exploded the damage seemed basically the same. I guess it's good if you can speed up the encounter but it's conveyed so poorly to the player (compare that to Time's Vengeance).

We're probably getting too lax with the spoiler tags btw.

Yeah, I'm not sure if we just hit some sort of hard cap. On the 3rd round he was at like 10% so maybe we actually couldn't have done it faster, but it sure seemed like it.

D_psipher

It's like there are 4 strikes in rotation. I haven't even played the new strike on Venus yet....I swear it's not in the rotation.

The new Venus on is there I played it twice. I keep getting the Warsat strike and Valus. The rotation is broken though.

sorry

white, white everywhere

Yeah I know. We'll drop them soon enough but better safe than sorry for now. This OT is still moving pretty briskly. I'd say two weeks after the raid's release would be the max, that'd be very generous with spoiler tags.

I never received the FWC shaders in year 1, and everyone is always going about how ugly they are. I dunno man, I look slick as hell. It's jaw droppingly gorgeous to me. ]

My jaw has been dropped but not for the same reason :p

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Any way to see which Calcified Fragments you have on a specific character?

I never received the FWC shaders in year 1, and everyone is always going about how ugly they are. I dunno man, I look slick as hell. It's jaw droppingly gorgeous to me.

Try them on with some gear that isn't FWC already as it won't drastically change it. Trust me, put them on a Titan and you will never go near FWC again.

Namikaze1

And now I have to kill Taken Vex for this Taken War quest. Thanks god this is the only part in the Taken War quest where I have to collect stuff.

It's like a 'declassified' document in here :p We keeping just till the next thread or until 2 weeks after it launched?

2 weeks or next OT, whichever comes first. At some point it's up to people to avoid the OT if they still haven't played new content for that long. Obviously people have IRL responsibilities and most people aren't crazy like us but eventually we need to have open discussion.

Ah yes of course. I don't have the hand cannon though. To be honest, I only use the pulse rifle (mine has Firefly).
It's decent, but still prefer my Zhalo Supercell for melting down adds.

pulse is great. 2 shot in crucible (when it's not lagging)

got 3 pulses with the exact same perks :(

firefly on a pulse is weird

I'm curious has it been determined conclusively that there are hardly any new exotic armours available in the game? Besides:

Titan: Floaty helm, Spacemansam helm, immolation fists.

Warlock: Sparkle chest, sparkle gloves, Stag.

Hunter: Aramkara Gloves, Shadow helm.

Since this fills up the kiosks slots and I got 7 Alpha Lupi trying to get the barrel role chest I am curious if anyone has got any of the others.

Ah yes of course. I don't have the hand cannon though. To be honest, I only use the pulse rifle (mine has Firefly).
It's decent, but still prefer my Zhalo Supercell for melting down adds.

I love the Pulse, fed my 308 HC to it. HC and AR seem very meh. RL w tracking is good, shotty is decent, fusion charge rate is brutal, don't have Scout, MG or Sniper.

Haha, and what might that be? That I'm in NGAW? Bow to our great leader Drizzay....

Lol NGAW FTW! :)

Marvel

could never
I'm curious has it been determined conclusively that there are hardly any new exotic armours available in the game? Besides:

Titan: Floaty helm, Spacemansam helm, immolation fists.

Warlock: Sparkle chest, sparkle gloves, Stag.

Hunter: Aramkara Gloves, Shadow helm.
There is more than that.

Dave_6

Here I was complaining yesterday about how awful the first part of the TLW quest was, stuck at 35% for two days. In one match of classic 6v6 last night I finished it:

I was pleased to say the least. I don't have a game like that very often lol. Also finally got all the crucible sword kills done last night too, finally! Now to do the Shield Brothers strike for the Chaperon. :/

Here's my Hunter as she stood last night. Still haven't touched the raid:

Anyone wanna help me with that Shield Brothers strike this morning?

There is more than that.

Any proof? I know they are in the database but I haven't seen a single one on live. I forgot the average ethereal cabal helmet for hunters on that list but I honestly haven't seen any others and there are no more slots in the kiosk for stuff. Even Black Spindle and ToM had/have their own spits in the kiosk even though they were hidden.

Top Bottom