• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Marvel

could never
Any proof? I know they are in the database but I haven't seen a single one on live. I forgot the average ethereal cabal helmet for hunters on that list but I honestly haven't seen any others and there are no more slots in the kiosk for stuff. Even Black Spindle and ToM had/have their own spits in the kiosk even though they were hidden.
Yeah there's videos on YT

darknil

Yesterday I did my first CoO, I was patroling the Dreadnaught looking for damn Hadiums and saw a group of 5 doing it. It was pretty fun and fast since I think they did only Tier 1 and 2 bosses. Rotation is broken, I got baby Crota like 5 times in a row.

But I didn't understand the chest, it auto opens? Some rounds I didn't get any rewards and I never got any Legendary stuff while people in the group got stuff. I never exited the fight zone while it was active, so I kept wondering.

Also, I want Bungie to allow us customize the character so baaaad, I want my Awoken Warlock to look like the Queen so bad.

I guess I'll look for raid groups later, now that I'm 292!

pulse is great. 2 shot in crucible (when it's not lagging)

got 3 pulses with the exact same perks :(

firefly on a pulse is weird

Too bad mine came at 300, guess I have to infuse it at some point. Haven't unlocked Firefly yet, but I was so surprised that I kept this pulse rifle.

I love the Pulse, fed my 308 HC to it. HC and AR seem very meh. RL w tracking is good, shotty is decent, fusion charge rate is brutal, don't have Scout, MG or Sniper.

What does the Aganorach get you? Are there fragments tied behind completing it? I think my highest one is only 4/7 although I heard you can move it between characters to charge it.

Yeah, your's has Life Support right? Seems to be a helpful perk. I have the scout rifle, it's decent but my perks are not too great (Rangefinder). I heard that the Machine Gun is one of the better raid weapons. Sniper is shit from what I've seen from my clan mates, partially because of the weird scope.

Regarding the Agonarch rune, you get a calcified fragment (#36) and some moldering shards, but I guess you already have enough of those. There's also a glitch, which allows you to charge your rune in the event itself.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yesterday I did my first CoO, I was patroling the Dreadnaught looking for damn Hadiums and saw a group of 5 doing it. It was pretty fun and fast since I think they did only Tier 1 and 2 bosses. Rotation is broken, I got baby Crota like 5 times in a row.

But I didn't understand the chest, it auto opens? Some rounds I didn't get any rewards and I never got any Legendary stuff while people in the group got stuff. I never exited the fight zone while it was active, so I kept wondering.

Also, I want Bungie to allow us customize the character so baaaad, I want my Awoken Warlock to look like the Queen so bad.

Baby crota is a rotating Tier 3 boss each week, thats what you did :p

I think only the guy who use the rune gets 100% drops. It auto from the looks of it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So when will shotguns be nerfed in PvP? I could have sworn bungie said their effectiveness at range was being fixed? Or did I just misread that?

ich00

RAID TIME!!!!

Hey DGaf, I am going to try and get a group together for a full King's fall raid tonight , roughly between 8-9pm EST. I'll be joined by 2 non-gaffers, so will need 3 other brave souls to help us complete it. I'll start a PSN chat with whoever wants in so that we can coordinate an exact time and what not. Disclaimer: we haven't finished the raid yet, got the Golgoroth and couldn't get him dead.

1. Me! ichabod00
2. my brother
3. no gaf friend

Ambitious

Thalnok is the tier 3 boss. Tier 3 bosses rotate weekly. The chest can only be opened by the person who used the rune, but it might still drop one or two engrams for other players.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Thanks Rahool
CP1bElLUkAAFFDA.jpg:large

What does the Aganorach get you? Are there fragments tied behind completing it? I think my highest one is only 4/7 although I heard you can move it between characters to charge it.

Moldering shard, Fragment, and some blues. I am not sure how switching between characters works because it just reset my progress when another character had a rune in his inventory. Maybe it only works if you discard any Aganorachs on your other characters.

It would be really fast to get 3 charges in a day with switching.

;_;

The grind is so real with some of these quests. Still haven't finished a ToM or exotic sword, that's the stuff the makes me start disliking the game if I do too much.

Yeah some of it is a tad grindy. I think I am lucky as I thoroughly enjoy trying to kill people in Crucible with just the hilt but I am certainly in the minority there. ToM is no where near as bad the fragments are pretty easy, just the T2 CoO ones take a little bit of effort. However both are worth it in the long run, the sword is amazing.

Yeah, your's has Life Support right? Seems to be a helpful perk. I have the scout rifle, it's decent but my perks are not too great (Rangefinder). I heard that the Machine Gun is one of the better raid weapons. Sniper is shit from what I've seen from my clan mates, partially because of the weird scope.

Regarding the Agonarch rune, you get a calcified fragment (#36) and some moldering shards, but I guess you already have enough of those. There's also a glitch, which allows you to charge your rune in the event itself.

Yeah, Life Support is good, saved my skin in PvP and PvE. No idea what the proc rate is but it must be decently high, maybe 33%. Scout with full auto seems to be the one to get. I've also heard good things about the MG and bad things about the sniper. Personally I don't care about any sniper that can't revive-snipe and I believe that one is too low impact.

Thanks for info about Ag rune. Guess I need to work on that. Anytime I have to pull a reddit list or YouTube guide I lose any interest though, lol.

So when will shotguns be nerfed in PvP? I could have sworn bungie said their effectiveness at range was being fixed? Or did I just misread that?

They've been nerfed 80 million times already but Bungie doesn't understand what the problem is. The top impact ones should not exist, movement in this game is too fast to get within "shotgun range" no matter what the range stat is.

ocean

Banned
Calcified Fragment an antiquated rune and engrams was my loot haul

Someone talk me out of sharding my Y1 stuff (exotics + legendaries), because I'm about to do it.

Do it.

Wait I was supposed to stop you... Umm keep anything that's strongly sentimental or useful in normal Crucible if you even care enough about normal Crucible. I'm keeping my raid, Trials, and Iron Banner sets for now. Most Y1 exotics too.

todd360

I never received the FWC shaders in year 1, and everyone is always going about how ugly they are. I dunno man, I look slick as hell. It's jaw droppingly gorgeous to me.
CP1St5_UkAA1Wvo.jpg:large

Oh no!. The cult has brainwashed him!

I guess fwc can look decent if done right

ocean

Banned
;_;

The grind is so real with some of these quests. Still haven't finished a ToM or exotic sword, that's the stuff the makes me start disliking the game if I do too much.
Yeah I said hell no to the exotic swords. Picked up 34 Relic Iron nodes on Mars, only 2 had the special stuff. It wasn't fun so I stopped.

SkylineRKR

Got Hung Jury from DO package, life support, extended mag, firefly/eye of the storm. No triple tap like vendor one. Save my marks?

Got Bittersteel too. Only Rank 6.

Got Hung Jury from DO package, life support, extended mag, firefly/eye of the storm. No triple tap like vendor one. Save my marks?

Sick

That actually sounds like a better roll than I got.

Icarus and Third Eye/Danger Close

It still just a great high damage base weapon though so I use it anyways

nbraun80

Hmm interesting, did a strike before I was done, got shield bros. Had a 3oC on hot nothing but a blue from the first, quickly popped another and when we killed the second I got an exotic. It was about 5 min. between kills cause the random liked getting downed, so maybe a 5ish min. timer.... or I got lucky. Got a Supercell from it too. :).

Also has anyone done the warlock void and solar subclass strike challenges? have no godly idea how id get 3 7-orbs void supers, and don't understand getting kills in radiance, clearly at least a dozen with it was popped got 2 kills towards it.

Yeah some of it is a tad grindy. I think I am lucky as I thoroughly enjoy trying to kill people in Crucible with just the hilt but I am certainly in the minority there. ToM is no where near as bad the fragments are pretty easy, just the T2 CoO ones take a little bit of effort. However both are worth it in the long run, the sword is amazing.

Yeah I just need to suck it up. Monsieur Bunzy said he would help w the fragments *cough cough*. Just checked and I have 27/50, including all T2 ones from random CoO grinding so that's nice.

Of course then I'd need 30 Hadium Flakes to max ToM. Plus another 150? for the other two exotic sword quests. Plus 3x planetary material grinds plus Zzzzzzzzzz.....

Moldering shard, Fragment, and some blues. I am not sure how switching between characters works because it just reset my progress when another character had a rune in his inventory. Maybe it only works if you discard any Aganorachs on your other characters.

It would be really fast to get 3 charges in a day with switching.

Hmm I might try deleting one since my other characters are like 1/7. If I manage to complete one and you're still looking I'd be down to do it.

Deku Tree

Cocoon
doesn't work as well as I would like against KF bosses.

If you do scout to sniper to scout you don't have enough time in reserve to refill your scout ammo.

But if you do sniper to scout to sniper then your sniper refills. This way probably maximizes DPS anyway.

Probably I'll just use all ToM to DPS from now on anyway.

Not sure if you are immune inside the
Ogre puddle
though. Other bosses would be OK.

Hmm interesting, did a strike before I was done, got shield bros. Had a 3oC on hot nothing but a blue from the first, quickly popped another and when we killed the second I got an exotic. It was about 5 min. between kills cause the random liked getting downed, so maybe a 5ish min. timer.... or I got lucky. Got a Supercell from it too. :).

Also has anyone done the warlock void and solar subclass strike challenges? have no godly idea how id get 3 7-orbs void supers, and don't understand getting kills in radiance, clearly at least a dozen with it was popped got 2 kills towards it.

Yeah 3oC literally works on any Ultra

I had a lof of good luck on Yesterdays Daily. That Ultran in teh first TTK story mission is piss easy but qualifies as an Ultra

Wallach

Pretty productive strike/infusion grind. Up to 310 legendary & Taikonaut helms, 310 Ruin Wings with PR reload with 307 legendary options, 310 raid and Alpha Lupi chests, 298 boots, 308 raid PR, 310 raid sniper, and my Y2 Thunderlord which is only up to 290. Can hit 305 overall now. Wish heavy and boots had a better upgrade route besides the raid, don't really get why those aren't in the 3oC loot table.

Klyka

Banned
Yeah I just need to suck it up. Monsieur Bunzy said he would help w the fragments *cough cough*. Just checked and I have 27/50, including all T2 ones from random CoO grinding so that's nice.

Of course then I'd need 30 Hadium Flakes to max ToM. Plus another 150? for the other two exotic sword quests. Plus 3x planetary material grinds plus Zzzzzzzzzz.....

Hmm I might try deleting one since my other characters are like 1/7. If I manage to complete one and you're still looking I'd be down to do it.

I went from 30 up to 39 fragments yesterday, now all I need are some raid ones and some others. Kinda pisses me off there is one in the alakhul nightfall i can't get now or that the first CoO3 boss had one and I didn't ge tit cause it wasn't my rune i killed him on :(

EL CUCO

Cocoon
doesn't work as well as I would like against KF bosses.

If you do scout to sniper to scout you don't have enough time in reserve to refill your scout ammo.

But if you do sniper to scout to sniper then your sniper refills. This way probably maximizes DPS anyway.

Probably I'll just use all ToM to DPS from now on anyway.

Not sure if you are immune inside the
Ogre puddle
Definitely not
immune in the Orge puddle
If Timba wasn't on crowd control,
cursed Thralls
would've had us for dinner

Yeah I said hell no to the exotic swords. Picked up 34 Relic Iron nodes on Mars, only 2 had the special stuff. It wasn't fun so I stopped.

Yeah, "only do it if it's fun" is my Cardinal rule with this game. I try to break it as little as possible but the swords will force me eventually.

[Not sure if you are immune inside the
Ogre puddle

You're not. Only works on last two because Aura gives invincibility. Wouldn't work on Warpriest either.

I went from 30 up to 39 fragments yesterday, now all I need are some raid ones and some others. Kinda pisses me off there is one in the alakhul nightfall i can't get now or that the first CoO3 boss had one and I didn't ge tit cause it wasn't my rune i killed him on :(

Ugghhh just checked and never got last week's Tier 3 either even though I did it like 10 times. Apparently managed to never use my rune. I guess that's the one and only fragment I can miss since ToM requires 45 and only 46 have been discovered. This game, sometimes....

Klyka

Banned
Yeah, "only do it if it's fun" is my Cardinal rule with this game. I try to break it as little as possible but the swords will force me eventually.

You're not. Only works on last two because Aura gives invincibility. Wouldn't work on Warpriest either.

Ugghhh just checked and never got last week's Tier 3 either even though I did it like 10 times. Apparently managed to never use my rune. I guess that's the one and only fragment I can miss since ToM requires 45 and only 46 have been discovered. This game, sometimes....

You got the one from the Nightfall then?
I didn't :(

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Got the Stag (290) from a strike drop. Think I'll stick with the Obsidian Mind since I'm playing with Voidwalker and the Nova Bomb cool down perk is brilliant for PVE. And the blue helm is 300 so using that for an infuse.

maomaoIYP

Oh no!. The cult has brainwashed him!

I guess fwc can look decent if done right

;_;
New Monarchy is nice and regal but kind of plain. Dead Orbit is too grimdark for me. Flashy and stylish FWC fits best with the awoken and their funky blue hair lol

oSoLucky

Take them slow, when you're not doing anything else. I'm doing my 2nd planetary mats grind in as many days and this is not fun. The Hadium Flakes aren't as bad though IMO.
If Ray is busy I can definitely help you with a lot of the fragments also, pretty sure I'm done getting friends through the raid for the week.

Top Bottom