• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

EL CUCO

Luke said his favorite weapon is probably Touch of Malice because it's symbolic of all the hard work they've put into the game. Yet alot of people are thinking it might get nerfed? It can be considered a strong weapon but not without limitations, while at the same time being very situational. I mean, It's an exotic weapon that hurts you if you abuse of its perk.

I wonder how Luke feels whenever there's a good weapon in the wild and the first thing the public says is "This is getting nerfed".

GhaleonEB

Regicide is such a great mission.

Two questions. The first is, Eris had a new quest for me when I completed the daily heroic today. I'm not sure if it's because I found a calcified shard, or if it's from the daily. I need to
Head into Rasputin's WAR-4 bunker and kill things.
What triggers this one?

Regarding the ending cinematic.
I started the Taken King campaign on my Warlock yesterday, and with Regicide today, saw the opening and closing cinematics and realized something that was probably pretty obvious to everyone else. The Queen says "It's all up to you now, my hidden friend," to close out the opening. Eris address her monologue at the end of Regicide to "My Queen.". So Eris is the Queen's hidden friend. Derp. And interesting.

GutZ31

Thanks for pointing out the cheese method. I found a video of it. Gonna try it later.
I had to do the nightfall legit with taken the first time I did it.
Wiped at least 6 times on the Warsat.
Started using invisibility to make up for team mates dying so often.
Died, and as I died, the warsat completed so we were allowed to respawn.

That Warsat has no mob flow filter.
It's on a timer, and just keeps dropping adds off for you to be over run. If you can't kill them as soon as they pop up, you are as good as dead.

Telesto really is king for this nightfall. Soloed the boss twice with my whole team down.
It just eats thru him so fast.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The fact that I am fucking never on the winning crucible team is ruining my god damn brain

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay, Tower Ghost used to be one of my most prized possessions and now it's borderline useless from slow/glitchiness. Anyone have any alternatives to recommend?

Man, we're just not ready to kill
Oryx
yet.
We need weapons of light to do enough DPS, and the moment one of us is dead we might as well just wipe. It's crazy unforgiving.

I find I have less and less patience for stuff like that anymore. It's getting harder and harder to get a group together, too. It's starting to feel like Skolas, which I only killed once and then never touched again. With the amount of content that's already in the game, that doesn't even feel like a waste.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I had to do the nightfall legit with taken the first time I did it.
Wiped at least 6 times on the Warsat.
Started using invisibility to make up for team mates dying so often.
Died, and as I died, the warsat completed so we were allowed to respawn.

That Warsat has no mob flow filter.
It's on a timer, and just keeps dropping adds off for you to be over run. If you can't kill them as soon as they pop up, you are as good as dead.

Telesto really is king for this nightfall. Soloed the boss twice with my whole team down.
It just eats thru him so fast.

despite void burn, good old bladedancer/don't touch me/stalker/shadowjack was mvp for our run. a defender or two with bastion and blessing of light would be a huge boon too though of course.

Great. Soonish is ASAP. We have a fourth person, so once you join, we'll just need one more. That work for you? If so, what's your PSN ID? (I forgot to mention we are on PS4.) We'll send you an invite.
VincentAlexander. My kid is being picked up in about 7 minutes, then I'll hop on if that is cool.

GutZ31

Okay, Tower Ghost used to be one of my most prized possessions and now it's borderline useless from slow/glitchiness. Anyone have any alternatives to recommend?
I'm in the same boat. About to try a new app for IOS called loadouts for Destiny.
Edit: just tried it, and it loaded up super fast. No wait at all to see my gear.

lt519

I feel so dirty I just red barred crucible so bad, my internet connection at the hotel is just unfair. I had two rift ignitions and a 1.7, that's well above my abilities. I'm not going to do that anymore.

On that note I'm doing The Taken War quest lines with my Titan and/or heroic strikes/daily if anyone wants to play. I'd also be up for raiding although my mic cuts now and then. Also have a Warlock that needs to finish the story.

Psn rarbusto

nOoblet16

Man, we're just not ready to kill
Oryx
yet.
We need weapons of light to do enough DPS, and the moment one of us is dead we might as well just wipe. It's crazy unforgiving.

I find I have less and less patience for stuff like that anymore. It's getting harder and harder to get a group together, too. It's starting to feel like Skolas, which I only killed once and then never touched again. With the amount of content that's already in the game, that doesn't even feel like a waste.
What's your teams average light level?

EL CUCO

Two questions. The first is, Eris had a new quest for me when I completed the daily heroic today. I'm not sure if it's because I found a calcified shard, or if it's from the daily. I need to
What triggers this one?

I started the Taken King campaign on my Warlock yesterday, and with Regicide today, saw the opening and closing cinematics and realized something that was probably pretty obvious to everyone else. The Queen says "It's all up to you now, my hidden friend," to close out the opening. Eris address her monologue at the end of Regicide to "My Queen.". So Eris is the Queen's hidden friend. Derp. And interesting.
That quest opens up after collecting 15 calcified fragments. It's a part of the ToM quest line.

Menome

Is there a known problem with cheating in Destiny? Just had one round in the Crucible where a player had odd movement patterns and at times seemed to be taking no damage at all, beyond the normal 2-second lag there sometimes is.

Got some video footage of one of these encounters, where I'm emptying bullets for nearly 20 seconds and they just don't die:

http://youtu.be/nii0mrKzA04

I filmed two other instances like this in the same match, so who can I report them to?

GutZ31

What's the app do exactly? How does it differ from Bungie's app?
The app makes it much easier to transfer gear from one player to another, or vault to player, or player to vault.
Making loadouts to quickly pick the best weapons for the job is also pretty nice, as you could make void only load outs, or PVP loadouts, and when you select them, it just transfers everything for you.

Destiny app and site only let you move to/from vault.

Nirran

I feel so dirty I just red barred crucible so bad, my internet connection at the hotel is just unfair. I had two rift ignitions and a 1.7, that's well above my abilities. I'm not going to do that anymore.

On that note I'm doing The Taken War quest lines with my Titan and/or heroic strikes/daily if anyone wants to play. I'd also be up for raiding although my mic cuts now and then. Also have a Warlock that needs to finish the story.

Psn rarbusto

Which taken part are you on? Just got it for Earth on my hunter

SkylineRKR

I like Little Light for android. After some time the category graphics would mess up, like hawkmoon being under special, but transferring between sources and selecting/transferring multiple is really easy and fast.

Mindlog

Big thanks to both of you for the help on this. I never would have bothered to do that on my own.

I now have another charged Ag. Rune in my pocket if someone else needs to do it.

Apparently so. Must have gotten very lucky, I don't remember it at all. Very lame that they had two timed exclusive fragments the first week when you can only miss one and still get the ToM :-/
Hrm. Ghost Hunter puts me at 43/50.
Good thing I did the Nightfall. Bad thing I forgot to T3 with my own Rune :\

Looks like the last ones I can get this week are: Agonarch Rune and Emporer for All Outcomes (T2 CoO)

Anyone else with a shareable Agonarch Rune?

What triggers this one?

Well the Queen also says something like:
You knew it would end like this from the day you climbed out of the pit. Not sure if that is the exact quote but I'm pretty sure she references climbing out of the pit.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So how exactly does the strike streak system work?
Can i quit out when its trying to matchmake to take a 5min or do i need to stay in without ever leaving?

noomi

Can anyone tell me which quest gives you the 1000 year stare please?

I missed it on my main, going through the story again on my alt and want to make sure i dont miss it.

Is there a known problem with cheating in Destiny? Just had one round in the Crucible where a player had odd movement patterns and at times seemed to be taking no damage at all, beyond the normal 2-second lag there sometimes is.

Assuming its PS4/xbone then its not exactly cheating, but heavy heavy lag. That happens much more frequently during Iron Banner weeks as well. Bungie did ban a few people for doing this in ToO.

Sometimes its not deliberate, just really bad internet connections. Sometimes it is deliberate, you can lag your internet connection many ways like downloading massive files, overloading your router, buying an actual router loadout that causes lag, etc.

On PS3/360 there are of course code hacks/cheats, but the ps4/xbone environment currently does not allow that.

If you see someone like this bring up the player roster (options / lb lb on PS4) and you can see green, yellow, or red bars on everyones names. Red bars means their connection is shit. If the person is disconnecting though you will see the kind of thing you saw in your video, as the server still hasn't sync'd them disconnecting.

Anastasis

What's the app do exactly? How does it differ from Bungie's app?

The app makes it much easier to transfer gear from one player to another, or vault to player, or player to vault.
Making loadouts to quickly pick the best weapons for the job is also pretty nice, as you could make void only load outs, or PVP loadouts, and when you select them, it just transfers everything for you.

Destiny app and site only let you move to/from vault.

Time to get an iphone :p

Loadouts is 10/10 now.

Absolutely. I need to throw some money at those developers.

Deku Tree

Tower Ghost is fantastic when it works. But 90% of the time it glitches or doesn't load for me.

Loadouts does everything I would want to do. Fantastic app if you use iOS.

Only problem is I can't transfer ghosts on my iPhone 6 Plus. Ghost transfer is in the iPad version though...

Nalsh

224 Warlock here. I've never bought anything from Xur before, so I'm a bit shy about spending Strange Coins.

I've got blues and a few purples, so I feel awkward about zeroing in on the exotic helmet or Hawkmoon just yet. Are folks finding the Three of Coins worth it?

Menome

Assuming its PS4/xbone then its not exactly cheating, but heavy heavy lag. That happens much more frequently during Iron Banner weeks as well. Bungie did ban a few people for doing this in ToO.

Sometimes its not deliberate, just really bad internet connections. Sometimes it is deliberate, you can lag your internet connection many ways like downloading massive files, overloading your router, buying an actual router loadout that causes lag, etc.

On PS3/360 there are of course code hacks/cheats, but the ps4/xbone environment currently does not allow that.

If you see someone like this bring up the player roster (options / lb lb on PS4) and you can see green, yellow, or red bars on everyones names. Red bars means their connection is shit. If the person is disconnecting though you will see the kind of thing you saw in your video, as the server still hasn't sync'd them disconnecting.

Fair enough. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Top Bottom