• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I wish we could get some solid confirmation about the drops in regular vs heroic strikes. Is there any point to run heroics? The only thing I can think of, there are certain legendary items that only drop from certain heroic bosses, right?

Tower Ghost is fantastic when it works. But 90% of the time it glitches or doesn't load for me.

Loadouts does everything I would want to do. Fantastic app if you use iOS.

Only problem is I can't transfer ghosts on my iPhone 6 Plus. Ghost transfer is in the iPad version though...

Weird. I can transfer ghosts and im on iphone 5.

Mupod

this door to Ecthar is pissing me off and the 10,000 bullshit fake methods around the internet aren't helping either. I really dislike everything about the dreadnaught that involves playing the game with a wiki open.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Got to the second boss and gave up for now, missed the Tottenham City game and we trounced the league leaders 4-1 after a shitty defeat wednesday.

I'm so annoyed I blew off the game the raid

this door to Ecthar is pissing me off and the 10,000 bullshit fake methods around the internet aren't helping either. I really dislike everything about the dreadnaught that involves playing the game with a wiki open.

Bring them all down to a sliver, then kill one that's far away, then use your super on the next two. It makes it really simple that way.

DjRalford

I just led them near each other, gunned one down and instantly hammered the other 2.

nOoblet16

Assuming its PS4/xbone then its not exactly cheating, but heavy heavy lag. That happens much more frequently during Iron Banner weeks as well. Bungie did ban a few people for doing this in ToO.

Sometimes its not deliberate, just really bad internet connections. Sometimes it is deliberate, you can lag your internet connection many ways like downloading massive files, overloading your router, buying an actual router loadout that causes lag, etc.

On PS3/360 there are of course code hacks/cheats, but the ps4/xbone environment currently does not allow that.

If you see someone like this bring up the player roster (options / lb lb on PS4) and you can see green, yellow, or red bars on everyones names. Red bars means their connection is shit. If the person is disconnecting though you will see the kind of thing you saw in your video, as the server still hasn't sync'd them disconnecting.
It could also mean your connection to that particular person is shit...but people will never accept that they could be lagging themselves :p

Thus far I'm pleased with this raid. Much much better than CE. I do wish, however, they would get away from the
large bosses stay imobile but can one shot you if you get to close and oh here are a bunch of adds theme they do so enjoy

nOoblet16

Thus far I'm pleased with this raid. Much much better than CE. I do wish, however, they would get away from the
large bosses stay imobile but can one shot you if you get to close and oh here are a bunch of adds theme they do so enjoy

What else can you do though, the alternative is Skolas esque fight where you take care of adds or bullet sponges or bullet sponges where you take care of adds .

I really, really hate the amount of jumping you have to do in the raid. I have zero problems on my warlock and my titan is sorta ok, but I just can't do that shit on my hunter. I don't like platform games :(

DON'T FORGET, today is the last day to get in orders at the gunsmith for wednesday delivery. I forgot to put in orders on my alts last week since I figure I had until monday night. Why do orders take up a weapon slot each :(

EL CUCO

I wish there was a consumable that allowed us to change what race and sex we are. I've wanted to make a female exo for a while. I don't mind the grind to 40, but I really dont feel like grinding all my factions up again...

I really, really hate the amount of jumping you have to do in the raid. I have zero problems on my warlock and my titan is sorta ok, but I just can't do that shit on my hunter. I don't like platform games :(

DON'T FORGET, today is the last day to get in orders at the gunsmith for wednesday delivery. I forgot to put in orders on my alts last week since I figure I had until monday night. Why do orders take up a weapon slot each :(

Wat. Hunter is the easiest one to do those jumps. And if you equip bones of eao its cheese mode.

Mupod

What else can you do though, the alternative is Skolas esque fight or bullet sponges.

if you really think destiny's raid encounters are the peak of creativity then you should play some other MMOs. King's Fall was pretty good but outside of certain obtuse mechanics
(jumping on platforms in a specific order)
it's not complex at all. They could definitely leverage some of the unique features of an FPS to make some really interesting fights in the future.

What else can you do though, the alternative is Skolas esque fight where you take care of adds or bullet sponges or bullet sponges where you take care of adds .

I wish I had an answer, but this is Bungies job, not mine. We could fight a rogue team of guardians maybe? I'm just tired of bosses with giant weapons with infinite ammo.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Starting a no-mic daily public party, PSN hawkian

Also I may go afk for a minute a couple of times as I am making an omelette.

nOoblet16

Yea Hunter is the easiest class to play the jumping parts with due to how much of a control you can have with triple/quadruple jump....you can even save yourself after a failure of a jump due to triple/quadruple jumps. It's also the twitchiest meaning you will get an immediate response.

anx10us

Banned

We did it with 2 golden guns, clear the room of adds if there are any, get 2 of the wardens together if you can, one person takes 2 the other person the single, time you super and go go go, each warden goes down in 2 shots. I'm not sure you need to use a super to kill them you just need to get it done fast ...

Shito

What!?
But hunters are...

Wat. Hunter is the easiest one to do those jumps. And if you equip bones of eao its cheese mode.
... Yeah, basically this.
Even without the bones, I always feel like hunters have a better time at anything that includes precise jumping in this game.
Watching my friends' Titan and warlock having a hard time on the scent chest while I did it first try no sweat was an eye opener to them on that point...

nOoblet16

I wish I had an answer, but this is Bungies job, not mine. We could fight a rogue team of guardians maybe? I'm just tired of bosses with giant weapons with infinite ammo.

Yea I doubt that's going to work for raids which is basically about the mechanics and keeping you on your toes rather than the actual boss themselves.

Something different from what we have right now where we specifically just focus on the boss to defeat them will wear out quickly, just like Court of Oryx bosses (all of whom have their own little trick) or the strike bosses.

Deku Tree

The fact that you need exotic shards to infuse exotics and that you can't buy them anymore is a huge leveling time gate for kinderguardians.

I have about 100 exotic shards after doing lots of infusing so it doesn't really affect me...

Mupod

We did it with 2 golden guns, clear the room of adds if there are any, get 2 of the wardens together if you can, one person takes 2 the other person the single, time you super and go go go, each warden goes down in 2 shots. I'm not sure you need to use a super to kill them you just need to get it done fast ...

I got it open but I'm still confused because that was in no way even close to the fastest speed I'd killed all 3 of them in during my last half hour of trying repeatedly. I actually screwed up a jump during stormtrance and one of them threw up a shield.

anx10us

Banned
Damn. I think you might have to go back to orbit if you goof it the first time. Not sure.
it took us three attempts, if you fail, go out of the area back to the mauseleum, back into the area and start again, just get all 3 killed as fast as possible, we did it within about 10 seconds ...

Random thought. I love sword bearing in CE, but I wish more people had to do it, so they can expirence it. I wish once you picked up the sword once, you had a 30 second timer. Once this timer is gone, you can no longer pick up the sword. It would force more people to get involved. Of course keep the lvl 30 and 33 how they are but if they ever do a lvl 42 heroic I hope they add something like this.

Lnkn52

The fact that you need exotic shards to infuse exotics and that you can't buy them anymore is a huge leveling time gate for kinderguardians.

I have about 100 exotic shards after doing lots of infusing so it doesn't really affect me...

One of the benefits of being an old guardian.

ocean

Banned
Despite all the cool elements from other genres, this is ultimately a shooter. The main mechanic through which you engage with enemies is shooting them.

Boss fights go to different lengths in making the encounter unique, by requiring other challenges be met while this shooting goes on. They can be an interruption to the shooting - like Atheon teleporting people away; a requirement before shooting - like WP/DS shields; or mechanical damage enabled by shooting, like Crota requiring being shot before he scan be sworded or Oryx
requiringg being shot to keep his crit open for bomb damage

While there are other types of challenges, like platforming or puzzles, bosses will ultimately create a space where you need to fulfill certain requirements in order to effectively stay alive and damage them.

I haven't played many FPS, but this template holds consistent across basically any game genre. The "final boss" equivalent might have some special tricks up his sleeve but you'll ultimately defeat them through whatever that game's essential mechanics are. In this game, meaning shooting.

chur

Regicide is such a great mission.

Two questions. The first is, Eris had a new quest for me when I completed the daily heroic today. I'm not sure if it's because I found a calcified shard, or if it's from the daily. I need to
Head into Rasputin's WAR-4 bunker and kill things.
What triggers this one?

Regarding the ending cinematic.
I started the Taken King campaign on my Warlock yesterday, and with Regicide today, saw the opening and closing cinematics and realized something that was probably pretty obvious to everyone else. The Queen says "It's all up to you now, my hidden friend," to close out the opening. Eris address her monologue at the end of Regicide to "My Queen.". So Eris is the Queen's hidden friend. Derp. And interesting.
Behind in the thread so it may have been brought up already.

There's a secret group of warlocks called The Hidden and Eris is supposedly one of them.

Mupod

Ecthar was actually really fun. This next step looks like the opposite of fun, though.

Once you reach 295, doing the raid is the only reasonable way to level up further.

Grinding engrams at that point is horrible.

It's strange in that at 302 I'm still using a ghost, helmet, and class item I got when I was around 292-293. I wish they'd make random world drops able to go over 300. As it is right now my best bet would be to level an alt to do the raid multiple times a week...which I'm totally going to do as soon as I decide on Titan or Hunter. I want to make a Titan but I already have 310 Hunter gloves...

Dalek

About to start a planned Oryx raid, but it looks like one person isn't showing up. Would anyone like to join? Including myself we have 3 Raid noobs-ideally we'd like someone with a lot of experience? If this guy doesn't respond in the next 5 minutes I could use someone.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've been trying to get one more control win for over an hour. I don't understand how my crucible luck is so shit. I always pull my weight but I literally have like a 20 percent win rate. I don't how much longer this can go on before I throw my ps4 controller at my tv.

Ragona

we are 3 chilled guys here (291, 297, 298) looking to do Kings Fall for the first time.
Anybody wanna join? (PS4)
atleast be half decently geared, If you have the experience to guide us abit we would appreciate that even more :)

Top Bottom