• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Namikaze1

Just need to raid for the last part of the taken wars quest on my warlock. Now to get to this same step on my Hunter. This is gonna take up the rest of the day...

neoism

when need 1 person for the gore boss with exp being a gazer....?
psn ne0ism-

sorry cant.. join hawk cant join i want to though.. :(

Jafku

13 ToC. 3 exotics. The Last Word (290) Alchemist's Raiment (310), and Sealed Ahamkara Grasps (310). Back to the grind

ocean

Banned
Luke tweeted out after that. He said that was an error and it's not coming back.
True shame. No rerolling means depending on luck. I can't fathom how that's a good thing.
If I want a sniper rifle with Ambush, Double Down and Performance Bonus I'm fucked. Someone else might have it and I might never get it and this is just frustrating.

Weapon re rolls let me forget the grind for gear. Just get gear k want, how I want it, and just focus on playing.

People's complaints about rolling perfect shotguns:

1. This just means only a lucky few will have them and gain an unfair RNG based advantage and
2. This has more to do with some perks or perk combinations in certain archetypes being broken, not that re rolling is a problem.

todd360

Reading the highlights listed in the article I saw that reforging is going to come back in some form or another :(

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Luke knows they screwed up with its initial version. Everyone was easily able to get god tier roll shotguns and it really hurt the crucible. They don't want something like that to happen again.

Yes, you seemed to have been absent for some time. Its a good thing to repost. Good hour or so worth of content.

It has some great info in it. I had no idea that Luke worked for kotaku for almost a year. His schedule was so funny. I liked how he had it set up for maximum WoW time.

neoism

when need 1 person for the gore boss with exp being a gazer....?
psn ne0ism-

sorry cant.. join hawk cant join i want to though.. :(

Strider

Oh my god this gun. I had never actually seen it in action until trying it out just now. So badass.

The people over at Bungie that design the weapons are incredible.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone raiding? I'm experienced, looking for a raid at some point this evening.

SkylineRKR

Oh my god this gun. I had never actually seen it in action until trying it out just now. So badass.

The people over at Bungie that design the weapons are incredible.

rub it in.

Nice man, I love the design on 2.0 guns in general. Been all over Hung Jury as well. 1.0 stuff looks sort of pedestrian now.

todd360

Missed you around here buddy

I didn't think I stopped posting all that long. It is nice to know that some people missed me though. Thanks.

Nice man, I love the design on 2.0 guns in general. Been all over Hung Jury as well. 1.0 stuff looks sort of pedestrian now.

I love the new guns as well. I just wish the raid guns weren't so evil looking. It makes sense for them to look like that. Just not a fan. I'd much rather use stuff that our weapon foundries are pumping out. I can't wait to see the stuff they make for us in the future.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
13 ToC. 3 exotics. The Last Word (290) Alchemist's Raiment (310), and Sealed Ahamkara Grasps (310). Back to the grind

A chest engram that wasn't alpha lupi? Ban this hacker.

True shame. No rerolling means depending on luck. I can't fathom how that's a good thing.
If I want a sniper rifle with Ambush, Double Down and Performance Bonus I'm fucked. Someone else might have it and I might never get it and this is just frustrating.

Weapon re rolls let me forget the grind for gear. Just get gear k want, how I want it, and just focus on playing.

People's complaints about rolling perfect shotguns:

1. This just means only a lucky few will have them and gain an unfair RNG based advantage and
2. This has more to do with some perks or perk combinations in certain archetypes being broken, not that re rolling is a problem.

The short answer is: ultimately everyone just ends up with the same weapons because there is a recognized roll that everyone shoots for. From anyone I've talked to about it, they seem glad that it's gone.

I feel the same way. I won't miss it. I have a scout rifle that has great perks but missing one and I could have just rerolled until I got that combo. Everyone with the same stuff isn't good for the game really.

Juraash

So I'm on PS4 and I'm looking to raid sometime today. I would vastly prefer from scratch as it'd be my first go in there. If the day wears on I'd probably be down to jump into something that's partially cleared.

296/5 Warlock with several good Sniper options.

ocean

Banned
The short answer is: ultimately everyone just ends up with the same weapons because there is a recognized roll that everyone shoots for. From anyone I've talked to about it, they seem glad that it's gone.

I feel the same way. I won't miss it. I have a scout rifle that has great perks but missing one and I could have just rerolled until I got that combo. Everyone with the same stuff isn't good for the game really.
Again, if there's a generally recognized ideal perk setup it means some perks need revising and until they do, some people will have unfair advantages.

Imagine playing a guy who can use his shotgun at a better range than anybody else in the match. Of course skill is still the biggest factor, but this guy has an advantage I can't gain.

Ultimately I am not familiar with "loot games". I don't care about anything random. I know what I want and like having means to get these things without relying on luck. This is why I love quest exotics and detest random stuff like a Zhalos, which I can't get no matter how hard I try until a chest or raid or NF or Dreg gives it to me.

Lack of re rolls just means everybody will flock to the same vendor weapons instead of the same re rolls. Watch out for 10 billion FWC RLs in PvP once people settle in their loadouts and Mark grind. You already see everybody going for the Vanguard sniper and DO Scout.

I'd much rather be able to roll for what I want than to settle for what vendors sell (what 99% will do) or use my perfect roll only if I'm lucky (what the 1% will use to their advantage).

Top Bottom