• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

todd360

Again, if there's a generally recognized ideal perk setup it means some perks need revising and until they do, some people will have unfair advantages.

Imagine playing a guy who can use his shotgun at a better range than anybody else in the match. Of course skill is still the biggest factor, but this guy has an advantage I can't gain.

Ultimately I am not familiar with "loot games". I don't care about anything random. I know what I want and like having means to get these things without relying on luck. This is why I love quest exotics and detest random stuff like a Zhalos, which I can't get no matter how hard I try until a chest or raid or NF or Dreg gives it to me.

Lack of re rolls just means everybody will flock to the same vendor weapons instead of the same re rolls. Watch out for 10 billion FWC RLs in PvP once people settle in their loadouts and Mark grind. You already see everybody going for the Vanguard sniper and DO Scout.

I'd much rather be able to roll for what I want than to settle for what vendors sell (what 99% will do) or use my perfect roll only if I'm lucky (what the 1% will use to their advantage).

I see where your coming from. There are positives and negatives to both sides of this argument. It is really exciting to get a vendor weapon you like with better perks randomly though. It feels more special.

nOoblet16

The short answer is: ultimately everyone just ends up with the same weapons because there is a recognized roll that everyone shoots for. From anyone I've talked to about it, they seem glad that it's gone.

I feel the same way. I won't miss it. I have a scout rifle that has great perks but missing one and I could have just rerolled until I got that combo. Everyone with the same stuff isn't good for the game really.
It's not a solution, if something is causing an issue then that needs to be fixed rather than making it a lottery system so that only a few are able to get it. It's not good because someone might have the perfect sniper while I am battling them with a sniper that can't even zoom before the other guy spots and shoots me. What you had with weapon reforge earlier was a preference for perks and categorising them in separate tiers, rather than lack of balance. Right now you have the exact opposite. Currently it's fine since I can just use my old snipers, but when level advantages are enabled I won't be able to use them and would have to resort to using weapons that are reliant on RNG.

Imagine if Street Fighter were to randomly unlock characters rather than making everything available to you, you'll obviously be at a disadvantage if the game only unlocks characters like Dan for you while your opponent is able to pick someone like Ryu. When you make everything available to everyone then you will see a preference for characters like Ryu, Akuma, Bison etc....this is NOT a bad thing and this is how multiplayer usually is unless you do it like Halo games where everyone starts out the exact same.

If shotguns are causing an issue due to a certain perk then the solution is to fix shotgun, not this.

ocean

Banned
I see where your coming from. There are positives and negatives to both sides of this argument. It is really exciting to get a vendor weapon you like with better perks randomly though. It feels more special.
But it sucks to have a vendor weapon that sucks and wishing you had _______'s lucky roll. And there's nothing you can do about it.

I've already spent 450 Marks replacing shit rolls with better Vendor versions. And I'd pay 1,000 Marks if I could get rid of the Vendor version and get the rolls I actually want.

It's not that big a deal since 99% of players will be as handicapped as I am with mediocre rolls, but I do still think it's a step back.

Kings Fall raid from
sisters
cp on ps4. Starting by 12:30pm pacific time.

1. Me
2. J_rocca42
3. Johnnycubsfan
4 baliis
5. Broodshadow
6. Norway

Ok ill send out the invites

ZOONAMI

Take advantage of this quest to learn how to knife. It's easily the most powerful tool in a Gunslinger's Arsenal. I'm still early in the process of mastering it so I won't kill 3 guys in a row with mid air knives like Zoba, but a quick shot + precision Knife hit is easily the most satisfying kill in the game.

Whatever man, crucible is way too range based for this shit. Knives are awesome in single player, but don't have much of a place in crucible. Even close range you just get shotgunned by someone hipfiring before you get a chance to throw a knife, or you default to regular melee because you are too close. Most poorly designed quest I've seen in the game.

Ambitious

CP1RGhjWIAAJv8N.jpg:large

What the fuck. Terrible.

ocean

Banned
Whatever man, crucible is way too range based for this shit. Knives are awesome in single player, but don't have much of a place in crucible. Even close range you just get shotgunned by someone hipfiring before you get a chance to throw a knife, or you default to regular melee because you are too close. Most poorly designed quest I've seen in the game.
Way to get aggressive. I was trying to give you a tip, but whatever.

Another tip: knives have far more range than shotguns. Good luck

nOoblet16

Honestly if you think that way then it's because you just don't know how to use the knives.
Throwing knives are easily one of the quickest way to win a 1v1 fight...if you are getting shotgunned from full health then you are using the knives from the wrong range and need to use it from further away rather than melee range.

Two throwing knives + perk for burn means you can reliably get a lot of kills.

Again, if there's a generally recognized ideal perk setup it means some perks need revising and until they do, some people will have unfair advantages.

Imagine playing a guy who can use his shotgun at a better range than anybody else in the match. Of course skill is still the biggest factor, but this guy has an advantage I can't gain.

Ultimately I am not familiar with "loot games". I don't care about anything random. I know what I want and like having means to get these things without relying on luck. This is why I love quest exotics and detest random stuff like a Zhalos, which I can't get no matter how hard I try until a chest or raid or NF or Dreg gives it to me.

Lack of re rolls just means everybody will flock to the same vendor weapons instead of the same re rolls. Watch out for 10 billion FWC RLs in PvP once people settle in their loadouts and Mark grind. You already see everybody going for the Vanguard sniper and DO Scout.

I'd much rather be able to roll for what I want than to settle for what vendors sell (what 99% will do) or use my perfect roll only if I'm lucky (what the 1% will use to their advantage).

I come down on your side of the fence. Ultimately I like the idea of finding the perfect role out in the wild, but with the legendary engrams still being pretty rare, rerolling is the lesser of two evils.

I think they should up the rate of blues turning to purples to 80% or so if you already have a legendary equipped. That would give everyone a better shot at finding the perfect roll through playing.

ocean

Banned
So whats does everyone think of the new maps? I hate most of them
Dungeons is probably the best map in the game. Banner fall is nice. Crossroads in 3v3 is fun. Vertigo and Drifter I'm not a fan of.

Sector 618 was a mistake designed in Minecraft on bring your kids to school day.

SeanR1221

Finally did the raid from start to finish. Got the fusion rifle (which I infused into my 1000 yard stare) and the ghost.

Brought me from 294 to 296 :)

I still really need gloves desperately.

And I have to say. The raid from start to finish ranks up as one of the coolest things I've ever expierenced in gaming.

Ok. We don't agree, and that's fine.

So whats does everyone think of the new maps? I hate most of them

Same. I've gone back to the "classic 6PvP" maps.
They made the same mistake with crucible that they did with the vanguard strikes - it's only new ones and there's only a handful. They should have mixed them all up so people don't get tired of the new content so fast.

andreevbg

Banned
Guys! Me and my frend @swnnyh are looking for 4 pple for raid tonight. I mean we can start righ now right here!!! If anyone wanna join us plss add me on PSN: CursedByMadneSs !!! LETS KILL ORYX !!!

Can I get the Cloak of Taniks from farming the regular moon strike?
I've heard that you can and enough people have verified it, but I've personally had terrible luck getting specific class items to drop. I've done Omnigul and SABER about 30 times each this past week and gotten neither class item to drop.

Top Bottom