• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Arrrammis

The raid weapons are all pretty terrible from what I've seen. The only thing they seem good for is infusion.
The scout rifle is actually pretty good, and the machine gun is fantastic with the autoreload perk. You shoot until the mag is empty, then swap to your primary or secondary, unload that mag, then bring out the machine gun again and it's fully loaded. Doesn't seem all that useful, but in practice it is one of my current favorite perks.

Arrrammis

Anyone up for the raid from W
arpriest
or G
olgoroth
? Really just looking for a good group to finally get it done, seems like everybody has done it all already or hasn't started the raid yet.

CP1RGhjWIAAJv8N.jpg:large

What the fuck. Terrible.

All the raid weapons are garbage imo.

Deku Tree

Hadium farming actually goes pretty quickly, and doesn't take that much time, if you learn a good route and use a Nightstalker with enhanced tracking.

I got all that I need pretty quickly.

chur

Man I thought for sure this daily would have some secrets. Underneath the bridge where you get the calcified fragment there's a door. I thought it would open.

Deku Tree

Touch of Malice is a really good weapon. But it's not the OP Gjallarhorn from Year 1.

Bungie realized that the VoG weapons were too good and they are scaling things back to make weapons that are really good in some situations, but not just all around good everywhere. The raid weapons are great in the raid because of the bonus Taken Damage and other perks, but outside of the raid they are not OP compared to things you can buy in the tower... and this is a fact of Bungie's design philosophy after learning from Year 1.

New weapons will be great in certain situations, but they don't want any new weapon to be the answer to all situations. So everyone is going to keep saying that all the new weapons are crap compared to VoG etc but that is intentional for the health of the game.

ToM will be perfect for DPS'ing
Oryx
etc.... and it's an all around great weapon... but the losing health thing means it's not the all around optimal choice... in a lot of situations you are better off with Hung Jury instead.

Touch of Malice is a really good weapon. But it's not the OP Gjallarhorn from Year 1.

Bungie realized that the VoG weapons were too good and they are scaling things back to make weapons that are really good in some situations, but not just all around good everywhere. ToM will be perfect for DPS'ing
Oryx
etc.... and it's an all around great weapon... but the losing health thing means it's not the all around optimal choice... in a lot of situations you are better off with Hung Jury instead.

Is your
health preserved when in the protective aura with Oryx?

while using ToM, I mean.

X-Frame

Anyone need the Sunless Cell strike for the final Exotic Sword quest?

I have a Void sword, but I'd be fine with taking whatever! Would love to get this done today.

PSN X-Frame

Future

Again, if there's a generally recognized ideal perk setup it means some perks need revising and until they do, some people will have unfair advantages.

Imagine playing a guy who can use his shotgun at a better range than anybody else in the match. Of course skill is still the biggest factor, but this guy has an advantage I can't gain.

Ultimately I am not familiar with "loot games". I don't care about anything random. I know what I want and like having means to get these things without relying on luck. This is why I love quest exotics and detest random stuff like a Zhalos, which I can't get no matter how hard I try until a chest or raid or NF or Dreg gives it to me.

Lack of re rolls just means everybody will flock to the same vendor weapons instead of the same re rolls. Watch out for 10 billion FWC RLs in PvP once people settle in their loadouts and Mark grind. You already see everybody going for the Vanguard sniper and DO Scout.

I'd much rather be able to roll for what I want than to settle for what vendors sell (what 99% will do) or use my perfect roll only if I'm lucky (what the 1% will use to their advantage).

Vendors probably need to shift their stock around so people don't continuously end up with everything the same.

Loot games are all about the chase. Manually rerolling offers no chase, just time. I never cared about multiple drops of the same weapon when I could reroll. I'd just get the gun frame everyone says is op and reroll until I got the god roll. This made loot drops afterwards unexciting and insignificant unless it was an exotic. Now legendary drops are exciting again, even if you get a gun you already have

Shotgun guy with max range roll may have an advantage, but the idea is that eventually you'll get something that offers its own advantage. Maybe you'll get a different gun you decide to aim your build around. You should be excited for each loot drop for what it might hold

With the shotgun issue in particular, the core of the matter is that shotguns are OP in destiny. So shotgun guy having an advantage wins the match

SkylineRKR

The sword is so OP. If people just want to grind engrams in Vanguard Strikes, use it. Darkblade went down within 20 seconds, he couldn't even disappear until his health was depleted for 70%.

ocean

Banned
Vendors probably need to shift their stock around so people don't continuously end up with everything the same.

Loot games are all about the chase. Manually rerolling offers no chase, just time. I never cared about multiple drops of the same weapon when I could reroll. I'd just get the gun frame everyone says is op and reroll until I got the god roll. This made loot drops afterwards unexciting and insignificant unless it was an exotic. Now legendary drops are exciting again, even if you get a gun you already have

Shotgun guy with max range roll may have an advantage, but the idea is that eventually you'll get something that offers its own advantage. Maybe you'll get a different gun you decide to aim your build around. You should be excited for each loot drop for what it might hold

With the shotgun issue in particular, the core of the matter is that shotguns are OP in destiny. So shotgun guy having an advantage wins the match
Yeah I might be the exception in that I don't really play for the loot, I play to play. This is why I don't care much about random drops. It's annoying having to go after it.

Legendary drops are only exciting now because we're starting. Once you have the stuff you like they'll usually just be instant shards.

I enjoyed year 1 content once I had everything. Every raid, Trials, Queen's, Iron Banner weapon. Every "perfect roll". I was set.

Then I could just play what I wanted to play using the stuff I wanted. I played VoG long after I had everything because it's fun to play, not because I was chasing something.

I am glad half the exotics shown so far will be mine when I chose to own them and not when I get lucky. And I'm not too bugged about weapon re rolling being gone. But it's a step back is all I say.

Having me chase stuff with set requirements and guaranteed payoff is one thing. I'd have gotten 700 Fragments if I had to for Touch of Malice. Making me play 700 NFs for a Zhalos is not a chase since I'm never really closer than went I started, it's a blind dart shooting game where I have to hope I magically hit a moving target through luck.

For what it's worth, a well-rolled Sniper is something I want far more than any Exotic and chances of getting one are way, way lower. It's not a big deal since most people will also be using subpar stuff like me, but it's a shame I'll have to arbitrarily handicap myself in level advantage enabled games along with everybody else except for the lucky few.

Top Bottom