• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

phen0m24

So I must be crazy because I'm actually enjoying using my raid pulse rifle with crap perks way more than the DO scout with firefly and triple tap.

It just feels nice to use. I can't explain it, but I'd totally love another with better perks.

You're not crazy. Raid pulse is the best pulse.

agreed! Got the raid pulse with firefly and you'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands

CIRCLING PLANETS LOOKING FOR VIP MISSIONS SUCKS. SUCKS. SUCKS.

phen0m24

And the game rewards me with a crash to desktop

BOOOOO

stupid Venus

This warlock alt grind not nearly as quick as Titan

#TitanMasterRace

Arrrammis

Hi GAF. At the final boss on the raid, and could use some help from 2 people for it.

1. Me (298)
2. Friend (296)
3. Friend (298)
4. Chur (302)
5. ?
6. ?

My PSN is reeducator
Got 2 here, PSN is arrrammis
Edit: nvm, see you got someone, if 2 spots open up let me know!

Gammacide

I can honestly say the raid scout rifle kicks a lot of ass actually, esp against taken, and interestingly enough, the yellow bar descendants or whatever they are called in that Undying Mind strike and probably elsewhere. Rips em apart in no time. The hand cannon is not great, but at 309 helps me almost reach 301 on my hunter. :)

Deku Tree

Has anyone dismantled one of the unique quest legendary weapons... Like the swords or the three gunsmith class legendary weapons? Are they forever lost in the dark corners of time? Or can you re-do the quest to re-obtain the weapon?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Bahahaha. I got so lucky with the witch you have to kill in Fears Embrace. Stupid thing spawned right under a fire jet and was stunned and shieldless immediately. Luckily I was also right behind her with a full rocket launcher.

Withnail

I would totally hop on if I were online.

It's an activity we all love but it will be rather difficult grouping up for it for the next few weeks since everybody is either doing King's Fall or preparing their alt characters to do it or cleaning up the myriad quests (getting Exotic swords, Touch of Malice etc).

Don't think the crowd is ignoring you it's just that the old raids are sort of on pause. After playing them a few times a week for a year, we're eating up the new stuff as much as possible :p

FYI there's gonna be a newbie VoG on Thursday, Oct 1st. shoot me a pm if you're interested

Ahhh shit me too but I can't play until later tonight. It's been a pain trying to get a group together

Edit:

PM sent.

This thread moves really quickly but just thought I'd say thanks for these replies earlier. Managed to get a group of 5/6 together from a combination of GAF and destinylfg, and after a few attempts we completed VoG. A couple of the guys were experienced raiders and I'm pleased they were there in the end because it would have taken a while to figure some of that stuff out. Anyway it was a lot of fun, I guess I'll buy the DLC now.

bgbball31

Hi GAF. At the final boss on the raid, and could use some help from 2 people for it.

1. Me (298)
2. Friend (296)
3. Friend (298)
4. Chur (302)
5. neo0ism
6. ?

My PSN is reeducator

I got to the final boss earlier, but couldn't beat him. I'm down to try again.

PSN: bgbball

BraXzy

I was playing crucible before, and I think my main problem with all the maps are that the majority of them just look and feel like yet another space from somewhere in the campaign/strikes which you grind out for hours and hours. Not a lot of unique, exciting stuff. Same walls, same doors etc.

I get that each alien race has a set visual theme and stuff, but when a map loads and it's just a generic hive setting with the same visual style as from something I saw day 1, it makes me sigh and detracts from the actual level design.

I wish they'd branch out a bit and do more interesting things.

R0ckman

Just confirming for GAF members, going into a specific strike via the director WILL give you the exclusive drops. Farmed for Taniks cloak by playing the strike on the moon over and over, and eventually got it.

So no need to do heroic or normal playlist for Imago Loop, just go to the strike directly.

I dod notice that randoms are odd. Leaving a strike in the beggining when they chose it, leaving from dying ir leaving even in when nothing is going wrong and we are almost done with the strike.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This thread moves really quickly but just thought I'd say thanks for these replies earlier. Managed to get a group of 5/6 together from a combination of GAF and destinylfg, and after a few attempts we completed VoG. A couple of the guys were experienced raiders and I'm pleased they were there in the end because it would have taken a while to figure some of that stuff out. Anyway it was a lot of fun, I guess I'll buy the DLC now.
Welcome, Guardian!
Just confirming for GAF members, going into a specific strike via the director WILL give you the exclusive drops. Farmed for Taniks cloak by playing the strike on the moon over and over, and eventually got it.

So no need to do heroic or normal playlist for Imago Loop, just go to the strike directly.
Who drops Imago Loop? I'm desperate for a primary I want to level up on my hunter.

edit: I want it to be Eyasluna but that's not so easy to farm for.

Oscar

I've pug'd up to Oryx successfully but hit a road block there.

If any Oryx groups open up I'd be down to help. 295 Titan.

PSN: OscarTheMonster

I could help with a Daughter's fight too, was pretty easy.

I dod notice that randoms are odd. Leaving a strike in the beggining when they chose it, leaving from dying ir leaving even in when nothing is going wrong and we are almost done with the strike.

How many times did you do the Taniks strike before you got the cloak?

Daemul

People complaining about 25 kills with the sword in crucible:

Swords kick ass.

Man I fucking loved that part of the quest, running around invisible and smacking people in the back of the head with the hilt was hilarious, the only bad thing about it was that I got the 25 kills so quickly, I wanted to keep on going lol

Kal_El

Has anyone come up with any ideas as to who Nokris is? Another hive god!! Also doing the daily if anyone needs it. PSN Clark_Kent

What a week. Beat the raid on all 3 characters and all are 300+

After spending time with all the new subclasses I would have to rank Nightstalker as the most useful and fun for me personally. Being able to tether and slow enemies and deal all your damage amongst them is so powerful. Using Shadowshot on a boss and having everyone be able to deal bonus damage makes it useful in high level content, not just a party trick for mobs. The orb generation is off the charts, which obviously helps your team in many ways. Vanish is clutch no matter if it its for a revive or to buy yourself a moment to collect yourself. Highest agility and Keen scout for sprint speed etc just makes this guy a total ninja. Love, love, love Nightstalker, it's like the Swiss Army knife of sub-classes.

Sunbreaker kicks ass and I'd put that at #2 even though I don't run Titan much, had a lot of fun with him the last couple of days. I think Warlock kind of took it in the stones with Stormcaller, at least for PVE, I got bored with it fast. I see more folks running Sunbro in raids than using Stormcaller.

i read somewhere that you can get the class armor from the level 36 strikes, but the weapons only drop on heroic.

So I must be crazy because I'm actually enjoying using my raid pulse rifle with crap perks way more than the DO scout with firefly and triple tap.

It just feels nice to use. I can't explain it, but I'd totally love another with better perks.

I agree. The pulse is pretty nice.

Light level 249. Desperately in need of light level 260 so I can do the heroic strikes and get more marks. Why you hate me Destiny? I just want to become legend

thanks again cloud for your help. only me and teddy are friends the others were LFGs so sorry if they were annoying.

we are now at
Golgoroths
if anyone wants to help 5 noobs out on their first run we would be appreciative. cloud already explained the fight to us now we need to execute :)

Top Bottom