• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ocean

Banned
If the login info is saved locally on my iPad then I'm Ok with it.

In any case I'm pretty sure all of these Destiny apps developers could easily steal all your PSN/XBL log in infos if they wanted to do so regardless of the log in procedure... The Tower Ghost app developer had a conversation with posters on Reddit about this a while back.... But it would ruin them if they were caught and there is really no significant financial for them to do so.
There won't be true security until PSN allows 2 factor authentication (Sony pls), but there's a huge difference between handing an app your credentials and authenticating via Sony's API for these purposes.

I'm not saying an app developer would steal my account, that's silly. I'm saying giving him my credentials directly instead of directly to Sony poses a significantly higher risk. Depending on how he transfers and stores this info, it's vulnerable to a malicious attack. It's not like I'm doubting the developer himself, just the opsec of his server platform.

Not that Sony's security is unbreachable, as the world knows, but at least they can easily be held accountable and have no doubt a more secure platform than an independent developer.

There's a reason these authentication tokens exist, and it's to prevent exactly this. It's a rather simple implementation for an app, I can't think of a single reason why they'd go this route.

Hell even Bungie uses authentication tokens and I'd be way more willing to give them my credentials than a small dev. There's just no way around it, this is a bad decision.

Whether it's a deal breaker, on the other hand, is absolutely a matter of opinion :)

Let us know how the performance and UX are!

Couldnt complete
Warpriest
earlier and would like to jump back in, but it looks like hardly anyone starts from there.....anyone interested? What's boss right after since I may have to skip if no one is doing.

Couldnt complete
Warpriest
earlier and would like to jump back in, but it looks like hardly anyone starts from there.....anyone interested? What's boss right after since I may have to skip if no one is doing.

Golgoroth is right after that

I'm 5/6 looking for one more to start at
Daughters which is second to last boss if you want to join.

Deku Tree

There won't be true security until PSN allows 2 factor authentication (Sony pls), but there's a huge difference between handing an app your credentials and authenticating via Sony's API for these purposes.

I'm not saying an app developer would steal my account, that's silly. I'm saying giving him my credentials directly instead of directly to Sony poses a significantly higher risk. Depending on how he transfers and stores this info, it's vulnerable to a malicious attack. It's not like I'm doubting the developer himself, just the opsec of his server platform.

Not that Sony's security is unbreachable, as the world knows, but at least they can easily be held accountable and have no doubt a more secure platform than an independent developer.

There's a reason these authentication tokens exist, and it's to prevent exactly this. It's a rather simple implementation for an app, I can't think of a single reason why they'd go this route.

Hell even Bungie uses authentication tokens and I'd be way more willing to give them my credentials than a small dev. There's just no way around it, this is a bad decision.

Whether it's a deal breaker, on the other hand, is absolutely a matter of opinion :)

Let us know how the performance and UX are!

Here is the developers response to the security question.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ing_ishtar_commander_the_destiny_item/cvf85y8

Any fresh raids starting?
I need the fragments and still get loot from the first 3 bosses!

If you get a group going I can jump in. I need to do the raid again on my hunter this week so I can complete that stupid Eris quest...that dropped...after I completed the raid yesterday...yup.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Every day I find out about new quests and exotic chains I had no idea existed. THIS GAME.

There are so much to discover in this game
Like motes. Motes are my fav thing
CP3Yfp1U8AAodXk.jpg:large

Love me some motes. Motes motes motes. Motes of Life.

bgbball31

If you guys end up with a fresh raid, I'll go.

I ran most of it this morning, but need to go in from the start for some quests.

PSN: bgbball

Juraash

If you guys end up with a fresh raid, I'll go.

I ran most of it this morning, but need to go in from the start for some quests.

PSN: bgbball

I feel like there was at least 6 of us interested in a fresh one on this page lol. Will anyone take point and form the group?

I've got checkpoint before W
arpriest

Looking for 5 others who wanna jump in here. Unless I see a fresh group above me forming....then I can go back a bit and restart.

ocean

Banned
I just keep finding out about stuff like the rank-25 faction quests and Touch of Malice. (Time to grind hadium flakes!)
I'm sure some crazy person somewhere has all 9 Exotic Faction Class Items.

I'm Rank 22 with Dead Orbit on my Hunter. Only class anywhere near these things. I spent most of year 1 with no faction allegiance past Rank 3 (which I got with everyone so I could buy armor or weapons on any character).

Now I look back at my high-ranking Vanguard and Crucible reputations and see mistakes were made :p

They should really stop treating them like second-class Factions. They should have shaders, ships, and Rank 25 Exotic Class items too!

gk1225

Neo Member
I've got checkpoint before W
arpriest

Looking for 5 others who wanna jump in here. Unless I see a fresh group above me forming....then I can go back a bit and restart.

I'll join. 295 Hunter but haven't done the raid yet. Unfortunately my mic seems to be broken, but ill follow whatever anyone says.

PSN: gk1225

Why can't I just buy faction ships and shaders with legendary marks?

Spent 150 marks less than 10 hours ago and i'm again mark capped. Bungie pls.

10 marks for 10 hadium flakes. DO IT

Exchange marks for motes and coins will also work.

Juraash

So based on the posts. A group for a fresh King's Fall would look like:

1.Myself
2.Klyka
3.ManThatYouFear
4.^Friend
5.Bgbball31
6.Zombiemortar

You dudes all kicking around, wanna make this happen? Haven't done it before, fair warning, but that looks like a group to me...

Vire

Hey y'all would like to do the raid for the first time. We would like to start at 8:30 EST (one hour from now).

1. audioandy
2. Hobowheels
3. Notcanon
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

There are three spots open. Hopefully we can get at least one person who knows the fight.

Please message audioandy with a friend request if you are interested.

remember when people were raging that legendary marks would be too hard to come by?

Kalamari

Anyone want to play around in court of oryx? I need that last random calcified fragment drop from a stolen rune.

If you bring your exotic solar sword I can bear witness to your soloing of Thanok. You need to provide the antiquated rune however.

Klyka

Banned
So yeah, looking for any spots on raids, preferably not ORyx since I already killed him earlier.

Start would be great cause I need fragments but will also take bosses 1 2 or 3

Klyka1 on PSN

Deku Tree

How do you get so many marks? Grind a lot of heroic strikes?

Top Bottom