• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

LTWood12

Did you get Oryx done late last night?

I asked Ray to join up so everyone could get it done. We were just overall underpowered, and since I hadn't even done everything leading up to it, I wanted to give T-44 and Lik a better chance of finishing. They got it done about an hour after I bowed out. Made me happy to get an ecstatic text at 2:30 am.

I know it's a time sink, but obviously would love to have you come along.

Namikaze1

Feels like everybody is getting those really fast. I still don't even have a legendary sword yet lol. So many quests.
I'm on my way to getting the last two exotic swords (Arc and Void). Just need to wait for armsday. Apparently you can skip the 50 Major / 25 Guardian kills steps when doing a second or third sword. I don't know the method myself having done everything before I learned about but it has worked for several here.

Vire

For new page!

Hey y'all would like to do the raid for the first time. We would like to start at 8:30 EST (25 min from now).

1. audioandy
2. Hobowheels
3. Notcanon
4. ManThatYouFear
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

There are two spots open. Hopefully we can get at least one person who knows the fight.

Please message audioandy with a friend request if you are interested.

rc213

I'm on my way to getting the last two exotic swords (Arc and Void). Just need to wait for armsday. Apparently you can skip the 50 Major / 25 Guardian kills steps when doing a second or third sword. I don't know the method myself having done everything before I learned about but it has worked for several here.

On your main you get to the part where you turn in the Kill Ectar Quest. Then you get the swords on your 2nd and 3rd toons. Upgrade them past 280 I think, Get the 5th bubble unlocked for extra ammo. Move all swords to your first, Turn in Ectar kill quest and Jaxx will give you the Sword Reforged ability kills/10 mats for all 3 swords at once.

Deku Tree

I asked Ray to join up so everyone could get it done. We were just overall underpowered, and since I hadn't even done everything leading up to it, I wanted to give T-44 and Lik a better chance of finishing. They got it done about an hour after I bowed out. Made me happy to get an ecstatic text at 2:30 am.

I know it's a time sink, but obviously would love to have you come along.

Thanks for the invite LT. I'm not sure if I'll be online or ready to raid tomorrow night (it's Sunday and I gotta work on Monday) but possibly maybe not sure yet.

Strider

Yea classic 6v6 is good money right now. Reasons...

1. Break from new maps. Old maps > new maps.
2. People arent joining just for their new quests. They're here to actually play to win
3. Limited Sunbreakers/Stormcallers (but mostly limited sunbreakers bc that shit broken)

Namikaze1

On your main you get to the part where you turn in the Kill Ectar Quest. Then you get the swords on your 2nd and 3rd toons. Upgrade them past 280 I think, Get the 5th bubble unlocked for extra ammo. Move all swords to your first, Turn in Ectar kill quest and Jaxx will give you the Sword Reforged ability kills/10 mats for all 3 swords at once.
This would've been useful before I went about killing majors and guardians for my last two swords on Thursday...

Now if only someone could find a way to skip the mats farming part for everyone else.

neoism

holy shit it feels sooo good...
lol after one of the biggest trolls ever got him down to like -0% health and he wiped us lol...
but finally got him...
got the scout and shotty and the cloak..

thanks so much to

Afrodeeziyak
churmom
RibbonHunter
Cherryrocker94
TwilightGap
reedducator..

you guys were hilairious hopefully i can raid with you guys again.. the communication was great

AFTER 10,000 YEARS I'M FREE, IT'S TIME TO CONQUER DGAF.

So I'm back from my temp ban. And I'm enjoying TTK alot. I have alotta love for the changes they did. So I'm going to start off with these coooool gauntlets I found, Mau'uals gauntlets, it adds an ability to your Sunbreaker Super to launch you in the air then kinda fly down and do a groundpound, spawning a pool of fire, usable with R1-

ie2IGRg.png
Ok maybe not but that would be pretty cool right? Bungie hire me, I got ideas for days!
Games pretty great. I like alotta changes. I hope they never bring back reforging. But here are my gripes-

Heroic Strikes are just not fun at all. They are just not. Going with my Titan, who's 24 light levels over the recommended, with almost max armor in the 'subclass' screen, should not be getting 3 shot by normal captains or 2 shot by normal vandals. They shouldn't be a brick wall to bludgeon your head against by throwing increased number of enemies that can 2-4 shot you. Even red bar dregs can 4-hit you and that's not fun at all. Maybe at 300 light you can surive more, but having it be open at 260 light and having enemies gun you down fast isn't fun. It needs some better tuning. Nightfall..well you guys have mentioned Nightfall enough. It's ok. I don't like the checkpoints in Rasputins level(In general, not just for Nightfall.) That's about my only major gripe so far, it doesn't feel rewarding playing a heroic strike compared to its difficulty.

The raid is pretty great, did it with Unstable, ruthless, and other Dgaffers others earlier this week. Look forward to doing it again. Right now I'm in the progress of gearing up my Titan and eventually my Hunter(I found Draksis' cape for him, so that's cool.)

Messiek

I'm having the worst experience in Destiny right now. I'm playing heroic strikes and every team I join become afk mid-strike or have no idea how to play the game.

To make everything better they send me friend requests. ffs

There is no exotic chest.

Haven't heard anyone getting an exotic to drop from Oryx either.

I already posted a lot of times that the chest on the
piston puzzle
can give exotics. I got one from there, a suros regime.

Odds seems to be pretty low though.

LTWood12

Thanks for the invite LT. I'm not sure if I'll be online or ready to raid tomorrow night (it's Sunday and I gotta work on Monday) but possibly maybe not sure yet.

It's cool. Yeah Sunday night probably isn't ideal for most, but my wife will be out w/ some girlfriends until late and she'll have Simon with her. So trying to take advantage.

Vire

Ok I got a full raid! Yay.

1. audioandy
2. aftrcompletion
3. bakaoro
4. Hobowheels
5. not-canon
6. ManYouFear

Let's do this :D

gk1225

Neo Member
For new page!

Hey y'all would like to do the raid for the first time. We would like to start at 8:30 EST (25 min from now).

1. audioandy
2. Hobowheels
3. Notcanon
4. ManThatYouFear
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

There are two spots open. Hopefully we can get at least one person who knows the fight.

Please message audioandy with a friend request if you are interested.

Sent a message if you still need someone. 295 Hunter but haven't done the raid.

Edit: Oh well, a little too late.

ocean

Banned
I did Void with my Hunter, completed Majors/PvP stage.

Unlocked Solar on my Titan. Transferred it to my Hunter. On my Hunter, I infused this new sword past 280 + upgraded. Shaxx gave me the Exotic bounty for this second sword, starting directly at the "farm a lot of shit" step.

I'm currently playing in the Classic 6v6 mode for my Faction quest, and you what guys, looking back maps like Blind Watch and Firebase Delphi weren't actually all that bad, at least compared to the many of the abominations we got with TTK.

These two maps really grew on me. Firebase Delphi is actually one of my favourites. Haven't played either in 6v6 for a long time though.

Feels like everybody is getting those really fast. I still don't even have a legendary sword yet lol. So many quests.

How do you not have a sword??? Get with it.

chur

holy shit it feels sooo good...
lol after one of the biggest trolls ever got him down to like -0% health and he wiped us lol...
but finally got him...
got the scout and shotty and the cloak..

thanks so much to

Afrodeeziyak
churmom
RibbonHunter
Cherryrocker94
TwilightGap
reedducator..

you guys were hilairious hopefully i can raid with you guys again.. the communication was great
That was the biggest troll ever. Lol.

blackflag

I think there's a bug in their smart loot programming making it more probable to get dups instead of less probable. I've gotten special weapon engrams several times. All telestos. All my primary engrams....Monte Carlos.

Rewards for the puzzle chest are horrible. Should be better for having to do the puzzle.

Yeah, no one ever does it. 5-10 moldering shards or maybe something better would incentivize me. A lot if people think moldy shards are trash though. But they have paid off for me every time.

neoism

Yea classic 6v6 is good money right now. Reasons...

1. Break from new maps. Old maps > new maps.
2. People arent joining just for their new quests. They're here to actually play to win
3. Limited Sunbreakers/Stormcallers (but mostly limited sunbreakers bc that shit broken)

yup its totally a better experience with classic.. even though i do love some of the new maps the old ones are better...

Top Bottom