• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Namikaze1

Yeah, no one ever does it. 5-10 moldering shards or maybe something better would incentivize me. A lot if people think moldy shards are trash though. But they have paid off for me every time.

They haven't for me.

Wednesday raid: I have nearly 40 in my inventory. Oryx goes down and I get double Pulse Rifle drops all while I have one in my inventory from the blind raid.

Earlier today: 29 in my inventory. Oryx goes down and I get the same boots with the same stats and perks that I got on Thursday from G
olgoroth

SkylineRKR

I haven't really thought about it, but I must say, Bungie did a lot of things right with TTK.

I checked my Vault, and saw Ice Breaker. And then it hit me; this weapon will never come back. And its because TTK changed a lot of things for the good. The level design for example, its far better. There aren't really cheap encounters (lets say the Warsat is an incident, and its only shitty on Heroic and NF) and the map layouts generally encourage a more direct approach. There are no dinklebot scenes in the new strikes for example (room clearance is there, but plays differently). On Nightfalls, you had to cheese those with IB by not leaving the entryway. There was no reason not to as an orbit wipe was too much in the cards. I am very grateful that orbit wipes are gone, not that I couldn't finish classic NF (solo'd a lot), but because the tactics were very one dimensional and sleep inducing. Hang back, snipe with IB. Wait for regen. Even down to the bosses.

As for the bosses, their areas have no safe spots i'm aware of and they will actually try to seek you out and rush you down. But in return you can hit them from up close without being the victim of a cheap AoE blast about every 1.0 boss had. I think these bosses such as Shield bros, Darkblade and Saber are more fun and an improvement.

With Ice Breaker you would shoot 6 times and then nothing, which worked great with the old encounter design since you could finish complete strikes and the toughest parts of VoG and CE using only a Sniper from a completely safe distance. There is no place for Ice Breaker anymore.

Never liked you, boring piece of shit

OkayRene

Someone told me there was a way to level up a second sword faster by doing some trick… But I'm having trouble remembering. Does anyone know what nonsense I'm speaking of?

Did most of the raid earlier today.

Super quick raid impressions.
It's very mechanic heavy which is a good thing because it stops you cheesing any of it really.

The opening section with the orbs and the court is pretty decent fun, It drags a little but nothing to bad.

The Tomb ship jumping segment was pretty neat.

Things get real serious real quick once you run into the Basilica door puzzle. My sherpa was giving bad advice telling us to do the sides in groups of 2 like a relay. Was just ruining us, Once i figured it passes the buff to the next person if you are stood near them we sent all 3 over to the totem and then just ran back once we debuffed which I assume is the correct way.

The War Priest was fairly easy all said. I don't think we used the thing with the layout but I was mostly on DPS duty and getting told where to go. Neat fight, good mechanics and interesting design.

Golgoroth’s Cellar was again difficult because of a bad sherpa, Getting the chest was time consuming to say the least, Thankfully I now know that place like the back of my hand.

Golgorth caused no end of problems again due to a bad sherpa. We initially tried have 2 people use a side each and swap the gaze, it was taking way to much effort to kill the orbs when they dart between objects to get the gaze holders and cause wipe after wipe. Again I ended up being the sole gaze holder and standing near the entrance. Jumping high to shoot his back. We lost the gaze and just cleared adds and we did it second try using that method.

2nd jumping puzzle was fairly straight forward, not much to say about that.

Daughters of Oryx was the point at which everything fell apart. 2 people left after a couple of times and then a young kid ended up getting in the party, You guys know the type. The ones who always have a 7 friends join with them talking nonsense about fifa or something, He struggled to jump to his platform at the right time or at all. This took us about 2 hours in total. It's a good fight with complex mechanics, I had a buddy watching and he picked them up from watching and was super interested in it. I think it might push him to start playing with me which is cool.

I called it quits before oryx and truthfully after looking at the unwelcoming shit show that is destinglfg.net I doubt I'll end up fighting oryx unless I can jump in a 100.io group tomorrow. The raid overall is really good and diverse.

Destiny is in a really solid place now content wise. I hope Prison on Elders get a update at some point with a range of new enemies and some higher level requirements. I also hope VoG and Crota's End get an update too. It would be great to go back to those locations and have some new mechanics in play or just a reason to replay them at 40/300+

Are ToC broken on the Bond Brothers? The effect goes away after killing one and I have never gotten an exotic off of them.
Exotics will drop from the first brother you kill. Got a chest engram from Mau'ual upon his death and I've seen others get something from him as well.

ocean

Banned
Did most of the raid earlier today.

Super quick raid impressions.
It's very mechanic heavy which is a good thing because it stops you cheesing any of it really.

The opening section with the orbs and the court is pretty decent fun, It drags a little but nothing to bad.

The Tomb ship jumping segment was pretty neat.

Things get real serious real quick once you run into the Basilica door puzzle. My sherpa was giving bad advice telling us to do the sides in groups of 2 like a relay. Was just ruining us, Once i figured it passes the buff to the next person if you are stood near them we sent all 3 over to the totem and then just ran back once we debuffed which I assume is the correct way.

The War Priest was fairly easy all said. I don't think we used the thing with the layout but I was mostly on DPS duty and getting told where to go. Neat fight, good mechanics and interesting design.

Golgoroth’s Cellar was again difficult because of a bad sherpa, Getting the chest was time consuming to say the least, Thankfully I now know that place like the back of my hand.

Golgorth caused no end of problems again due to a bad sherpa. We initially tried have 2 people use a side each and swap the gaze, it was taking way to much effort to kill the orbs when they dart between objects to get the gaze holders and cause wipe after wipe. Again I ended up being the sole gaze holder and standing near the entrance. Jumping high to shoot his back. We lost the gaze and just cleared adds and we did it second try using that method.

2nd jumping puzzle was fairly straight forward, not much to say about that.

Daughters of Oryx was the point at which everything fell apart. 2 people left after a couple of times and then a young kid ended up getting in the party, You guys know the type. The ones who always have a 7 friends join with them talking nonsense about fifa or something, He struggled to jump to his platform at the right time or at all. This took us about 2 hours in total. It's a good fight with complex mechanics, I had a buddy watching and he picked them up from watching and was super interested in it. I think it might push him to start playing with me which is cool.

I called it quits before oryx and truthfully after looking at the unwelcoming shit show that is destinglfg.net I doubt I'll end up fighting oryx unless I can jump in a 100.io group tomorrow. The raid overall is really good and diverse.

Destiny is in a really solid place now content wise. I hope Prison on Elders get a update at some point with a range of new enemies and some higher level requirements. I also hope VoG and Crota's End get an update too. It would be great to go back to those locations and have some new mechanics in play or just a reason to replay them at 40/300+
Sherpa was right about 2/relay though. Helps prevent ads rushing the sides.

I too hope the Arena is updated. But I doubt it will. Higher levels are crap because of fixed rotation, 28 was the most interesting but the rewards were too weak for the time it took.

matmanx1

Used a couple of 3oC earlier on the Daily Heroic and was rewarded a Primary Engram which decrypted into Zhalo Supercell. Man, what a fun gun! It makes my class Exotic the Fabian Strategy look like a chump.

When holding the Zhalo you can look at the area where the stock meets the chamber and you can just make out "EK-97". This is curious because the gun always looked like it drew inspiration from the AK-47. Maybe EK-97 stands for "electric Kalashnikov" and it is actually a direct descendant?

EL CUCO

So I've finally gotten around to using the Necrochasm in PvP post 2.0. The thing melts people pretty good mid/close range.

LiK

so i assume my old raid crew has officially disbanded. so i'll be freelancing for raid HM when it comes out. i'm curious what changes are there for the boss encounters...

Are ToC broken on the Bond Brothers? The effect goes away after killing one and I have never gotten an exotic off of them.

I've got an exotic drop off them before. Pretty sure they both count as Ultras, so I just popped another one after killing the first. Think I got it after the killing the second.

maomaoIYP

Morning DGaf!
I just had a dream where I found a hidden exotic called "No Need to Explain", a sister gun to the pulse exotic. It's a shotgun which shoots laser blasts. It felt so real and I woke up all excited to test it out..... ;_;

SkylineRKR

Seeing there is obviously only one hunter chest in the loot table right now, would it be wise to store exotic chest engrams for now? I ditched my alts anyway, so its either alpha lupi or a small chance on something else (got Praxic Fire and some Titan stuff, rest was CoAL).

ocean

Banned
How do you do void ability kills with nightstalker? Is it just grenades plus melee? Can the super kill?
Super only kills what you actually hit with the bow. Use the 3 shot perk for the super. It's no Nova Bomb, but it beats Ward of Dawn for this :p

Just a shame the melee is so damn weak. Lucky Raspberry + Bad Juju is the way to go here.

Put together a mental list of strike "ultras" that activate the 3oC chance after playing about 35 strikes with them in the past week, figured I'd post it here.

Shadow Thief-
Wolf Walker: No
Taniks: Yes

Cerberus Vae III-
Goliath Tank: No
Taken Gatelord: Yes
Valus Ta'aurc: Yes

Dust Palace-
Psion Flayer, Any: No

Undying Mind-
Undying Mind: Yes

Don't know Echo Chamber I'm on Xbox

The Sunless Cell-
Darkblade: Yes

Fallen Saber-
Devourer Shank: Yes

Shield Brothers-
Goliath Tank: No
Valus Mau'ual: Yes
Valus Tlu'urn: Yes

Namikaze1

Have to do 20 strikes tomorrow (10 Vanguard strikes and 10 Vanguard Heroic strikes) since I haven't even started the quest on my Warlock and Hunter. Have 30 ToC. I know exactly what I'll be doing tomorrow.

Top Bottom