• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Had a pretty nice Rift match just now, usually I miss arrows like this

mlVGkG.gif

Also, I need to learn how to make better gifs.

That is top notch!

----

Is it possible to do the House of Wolves missions after starting TTK?

X-Frame

End Raid spoilers which I didn't know about as of this minute and is wonderful news:

Apparently for the Daughters and Oryx, the 4th player does NOT need to actually stand on his plate in order to complete the walkway to the final orb. The 3rd platform is what builds the final walkway section. Meaning, if the orb is directly above your platform, which normally would be last, you don't need to stand on it and instead that platform can be left empty so 2 people can now float to deal with adds/Orges.

Am I just really late in learning this?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Anyone up for the King's Fall raid? We're at the
sisters/daughters
Need three more.

PSN: ShadowKayos

chur

End Raid spoilers which I didn't know about as of this minute and is wonderful news:

Apparently for the Daughters and Oryx, the 4th player does NOT need to actually stand on his plate in order to complete the walkway to the final orb. The 3rd platform is what builds the final walkway section. Meaning, if the orb is directly above your platform, which normally would be last, you don't need to stand on it and instead that platform can be left empty so 2 people can now float to deal with adds/Orges.

It's been known for a bit but it's not widespread. Everytime I don't step on it I get yelled at until I can explain why.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Sure, of course. The TDB and HOW missions open up after certain Vanilla missions that tie into them story-wise

Awesome! I'll have to get further into the vanilla story then. TDB missions are the only ones that show up for me at the moment.

Strider

I didnt know this either.... interesting...

43/50 fragments now.

I need the first fragment from the raid (the easiest to get), and 1 from CoO Tier 2 with a random combination. The fact that it's RNG for me to get the correct combination sort of sucks.

Yea it does kinda suck. I think it took me 5-6 tries to finally get the right combo. At least you are able to wipe on purpose if it's the wrong one and save your stolen rune. I wouldn't have had enough stolen runes if I lost it each time even if I had bought the 3 extra stolen runes I could afford.

I wanted to do a blind raid today but I think I have the flu, running back and forth to the washroom wouldn't help much during boss fights lol ah well maybe next weekend.

X-Frame

Yea it does kinda suck. I think it took me 5-6 tries to finally get the right combo. At least you are able to wipe on purpose if it's the wrong one and save your stolen rune. I wouldn't have had enough stolen runes if I lost it each time even if I had bought the 3 extra stolen runes I could afford.

F me, I didn't even think about wiping. I already tried like 6 ones and just bought 3 more, haha. Damnit. Oh well.

Strider

F me, I didn't even think about wiping. I already tried like 6 ones and just bought 3 more, haha. Damnit. Oh well.

Yea man...

Use stolen rune and if it's the wrong combo just jump off the side until that event timer runs out. You'll see a message that says "X-Frame has abandoned the event" or something and then it's safe to respawn... This allows you to keep your rune and use it again.

But if randoms dont catch on and keep reviving you then you're screwed.

EDIT: NM I cant read.

I'm starting to think whether you use 1 three of coins or 5 at once, it all evens out in the end.

It's impossible for me to use 5 at a time twice and not get an exotic. Which is about the same as I was averaging 1 per drop for every 10 coins.

BLCKATK

Has anyone had a problem getting their Focused Light from the red bull promotion? I put the code in on bungie, it says everything is good and the item should be at my postmaster, but it hasn't shown up yet.

Shito

meh. it's okay for there to be more than one way to do it.
For Golgoroth, I had only seen the 2 gaze guys / all sacks in one go technique in streams, so I was really surprised when my usual group proposed the one gaze guy / one sack / do it 4 times alternative.
And I was even *more* surprised to see how easy, safe and painless it all was.
Gaze guy was a titan so he was putting a WoL bubble just before taking the gaze, one we had hunters arrows to even further the buffs.
The advantage of this method is that you have 5 people DPSing the boss all at once; you just need to clear the adds in the pit from time to time, like with a nova bomb or good nades.
I was really afraid of this boss, and with this strategy it was probably the easiest time we had with the whole raid.
Would recommend.
A+.

Juraash

Already tried that. I put the codes in Yesturday and I just assumed they would show up eventually. Still hasn't happened.

I think the website says up to 48 hours to receive it. So hopefully it still shows up.

My code was in use, as was the one Red Bull sent me after I emailed them. At that point I just gave up.

maybe not the best place to ask this, but does anyone know if internet can affect framerate at all in a game like this? i've been having weird little stuttering issues. it rarely drops significantly, but there are a lot of areas where there will be a slight choppiness when i pan the camera. it does it a little bit in the tower around the vault area, in the hellmouth, in the rocketyard, etc. one of the worst places is in one of the room during the saber strike. it's pretty frustrating. i'm on xb1, by the way.

E92 M3

I lost my Suros preorder stuff. Not in the kiosk and the shader and emblem I have in my inventory is not letting me equip it. Has this happened to anyone else?

There are also a bunch of other emblems missing in the kiosk, the promotional code ones are gone.

There seems to be some glitch going around and Bungie hasn't acknowledged it yet.

Those who have geared up an alt using their main, mind stepping out how you did it? I am thinking of something like this;

Level alt to 40 via story.
Have 200 marks saved, buy 2x 280 pieces(or ghost if needed), do the daily crucible to get 15 marks and buy a third piece.
Used vaulted 290+ blues from main to infuse those pieces.
Pray Xur has exotic helm engram or helm for that class come friday.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For Golgoroth, I had only seen the 2 gaze guys / all sacks in one go technique in streams, so I was really surprised when my usual group proposed the one gaze guy / one sack / do it 4 times alternative.
Gaze guy was a titan so he was putting a WoL bubble just before taking the gaze, one we had hunters arrows to even further the buffs.
The advantage of this method is that you have 5 people DPSing the boss all at once; you just need to clear the adds in the pit from time to time, like with a nova bomb or good nades.
I was really afraid of this boss, and with this strategy it was probably the easiest time we had with the whole raid.
Would recommend.
A+.
Nice. Could you spell out how the 1 gaze/1 buff strategy works a little more?

If someone else doesn't take the buff before the gaze countdown runs out, doesn't he close up and get immune?

Anyone willing to help me with Nightfall? I need to run it on my hunter; decent void gear would be helpful, as I don't really have much in the way of void special. PSN is perineumlick if you want to join.

Vire

Hey ya'll we need one more at we are at Golgoroth. One of our guys had to leave for the night.

Oryx Raid Need One More At Golgoroth.

Message me: audioandy

Namikaze1

I want to get back to metal gear at some point in the near future. Think I'm going to save Hunter and titan stuff until after that.

I do hear that one is hard to get on titans. So maybe it's best to get it out of the way now.
I suggest the following:

Titan - Solar sword
Warlock - Void sword
Hunter - Arc sword

Never go void as a Titan. That Ability Kills step will take a long ass time on them.

Shito

Nice. Could you spell out how the 1 gaze/1 buff strategy works a little more?

If someone else doesn't take the buff before the gaze countdown runs out, doesn't he close up and get immune?
The strategy really is quite simple: we would stay at the entrance area, and split in two groups of three on each side. To the left we had the gaze guy, and to the right the "floater", for a lack of a better word. We would first clear all the adds except for one yellow vandal, and the floater would go to the back of the room to kill him, and shoot at the boss so that he faces him. At that time, the gaze guy shoots Golghoney in the back to take the gaze, while the 4 other ones down the front left bubble. Everyone but the gaze guy then meet in the puddle to DPS the boss, passing through the WoL first / shooting an arrow from a hunter on the way. The gaze guy calls out when his timer is at 3 seconds, at which point everyone bails out to their respective positions, and proceed to clear the adds again and start all of this all other again.
After the first rep you should take care of the thralls in the pit for maximum safety, with a void warlock super or some good nades, so as not to get bothered.
We were doing a bit more than 25% of his health with each rep, which kills him right after the first taken phase. And since everyone stays in cover while clearing out the adds, and we only stay very little time in the pit, the chances to die are very minimal, which keeps the tablet from building.
This was all really effortless and safe.

nbraun80

Would recommend.
A+.

lol yeah I helped a group yesterday that was at that boss, they said they were doing two gazers and I was confused, I've only done the one guy way. So we did it my way, I took the gaze, they dps, get out when the timer is done, clear adds, do it again. Took maybe 20 min. and a couple times to get it down, but they said they had tried the other night for 5 hours doing two man.

Namikaze1

I'll have all 3 exotic swords on Wednesday. Really like my solar sword. One shots almost anything its path with that uppercut attack. Those taken fallen captains that throw the giant ball of darkness stood no chance against it during Black Spindle Day. Same for the fire throwing knights.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Ugh. We get tonight all set up with people over to our place for a first raid attempt, and discover one of the guys my roommate invited is at 286. I hope that doesn't doom us.

ori0n378e

Ugh. We get tonight all set up with people over to our place for a first raid attempt, and discover one of the guys my roommate invited is at 286. I hope that doesn't doom us.
I was at 283 yesterday and ended up at 290 by the time we got to the end. It's not a problem...

phen0m24

Fun stuff with Zombie and Twilight Gap tonight.

Got a Tier 3 kill on mini Crota x 2

Beat Undying Mind Guy for Camel Gun™ quest

Beat The Echo wizard for both Zombie and Twilight to get their Camel Guns™

I popped a 3oC and got an exotic engram

4th Horseman #3

WHO IS RAIDING TOMORROW AFTERNOON?

My Warlock is now 293 or 294. BUG ZAPPA TO THE RESCUE

Top Bottom