• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Namikaze1

Just 4 more sword kills for my Warlock. But wow. Can't wait to show what just happened once I'm done with the sword kills on her.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's cool, I f'd it up too. People here are even arguing the validity of my statement, but I argue it's the best move for those that are still hitting certain roadblocks in the raid.

Only costs a shard and 2500 glimmer. You should be buying tons of them and leveling all of your Special Weapons. I have two useless 300 Sidearms from it, just for later infusion purposes.

Oh god i didnt even realize. WHERE IS ALL MY GLIMMER AT

I'm so relieved I finally finished Shaxx's crucible quest. It was so fucking long.

Weekly crucible bounties here I come!

I'm on the Skirmish, Salvage, Elimination portion...these will be the most difficult IMO...getting kills with other weapons? No problemo! These specific modes? Not so much.

spyder_ur

Kind of lame that Bungie are going into inventories and changing attack values. Seems really punitive for something they intentionally put in the game and that was very difficult to get. And now players have to play games with the math to figure out the best way to manage the incoming nerf.

I actually haven't used the Spindle I got yesterday yet, but assuming it is really Black Hammer 2, it's not going to be totally gamebreaking or anything. Black Hammer was highly situational.

Somnia

Ugh, I seriously hate how goddamn random and unreliable the matchmaking system during patrol mode is.

Sometimes there will be 5 people in a zone with nothing happening. And then when you want other people to appear such as public events or the taken corruption events. Not a fucking soul in miles around you. Fuck this shit.

So last night I had this issue also doing the Taken Wars quest on Mars. Somehow I killed everything solo and the Champion spawned, no one else there but me. I thought you HAD to have a fireteam, but maybe I killed everything fast enough? Thankfully 1 other guy showed up and we mowed the Champion down.

Now I am dreading doing the high value target one.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Haha I spent over 25000 glimmer last night doing it. Legendary at 298? Fuck it, infuse a Black Spindle and get it to 300.

Yep yep. Now i just need to get me some shit 2ndarys.

I only got invective, Telesto and my Immobious (and 1000Yard)

Got my 25 guardian sword kills without ever being able to get heavy ammo. I am terrible at crucible and don't know these new maps at all. During the match when my 25 kills quest completed, I finally managed to pick up my first heavy ammo drop...and then got 5 kills in a row. Jesus that thing is OP with actual ammo in it. So easy to block shots and just wreck shit. They really should have a swords only mode with constant ammo drops.

Number45

So I randomly bought one of the faction items yesterday (spending glimmer because I was capped) - does this stop me from earning vanguard rep while I have it active? Any recommendations as to which rep I should look to increase first?

Lnkn52

Got my 25 guardian sword kills without ever being able to get heavy ammo. I am terrible at crucible and don't know these new maps at all. During the match when my 25 kills quest completed, I finally managed to pick up my first heavy ammo drop...and then got 5 kills in a row. Jesus that thing is OP with actual ammo in it. So easy to block shots and just wreck shit. They really should have a swords only mode with constant ammo drops.

That would be so much fun. That must be in the works for a daily rotation.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is there a rush to infuse our 310 spindles because the nerf could come at any time?

latest

at some point

Kyoufu

Yeah. 1/10 after 20min. Which ones are you looking for? I need the ones on the moon.

I'm doing Spinmetal.

Just did this last night and this morning. Horrible part of the quest. HORRIBLE.

buy a ghost that detects the mats you need or bring in a hunter with keen scout if you're not one

It really is. They should really look into the drop rate or at the very least allow chests to contain the materials too. Finding the nodes is not the issue, it's just the drop rate.

Was about to post this. The essential elements step is everything that was wrong with destiny in one shitty quest. How it made it into TTK baffles me.

Yeah for the most part I enjoyed the quests so far but this one is a tedious slog at best.

GAF can I change the element of my exotic sword at the end of the quest?

By change I mean I chose a ARC legendary sword. I feel bad about it now. I want a solar one. When I finish the bounty for my exotic sword will I get an arc sword or can I pick something else?

You can't change and I'm not sure why you'd want to. Arc Sword is amazeballs.

So I randomly bought one of the faction items yesterday (spending glimmer because I was capped) - does this stop me from earning vanguard rep while I have it active? Any recommendations as to which rep I should look to increase first?

You get 100% to Vanguard/Crucible and 50% to faction. Dead Orbit is always the answer

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kind of lame that Bungie are going into inventories and changing attack values. Seems really punitive for something they intentionally put in the game and that was very difficult to get. And now players have to play games with the math to figure out the best way to manage the incoming nerf.

I actually haven't used the Spindle I got yesterday yet, but assuming it is really Black Hammer 2, it's not going to be totally gamebreaking or anything. Black Hammer was highly situational.

that's one way of looking at it

or we could just be happy that there was an awesome event yesterday and there was a dope prize at the end

also - black hammer against year 1 bosses was about as situational as ketchup on french fries lmao

MrS

Banned
no. You find things to jog banshee's memory, he'll be reminded of a weapon, will give you a proper quest to find the parts needed to build it. you return parts to him, he will build it for you. getting to the proper quest is the difficult part. at most people have found the 4 fusion rifle relics and thats where things have come to a halt.
Where are the 4 relics? I've found 3. Are they just on different planets?

LTWood12

no one wants to share? i keep running out. you guys seem to have an endless supply.

Do both daily's everyday. That's 30. Do your three weekly heroics, even if you only have one character high enough that gets you 30 for the week. So 30 a day from dailies plus another 30 for weeklies gets you 240 a week, and that's before you've dismantled any legendaries.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member

No, since 2.0 you gain Crucible/Vanguard Rep and Faction REP at the same time

Deku Tree

Need two or three for fresh KF Raid starting ASAP

1. Drizzay
2. bombastico
3. Moi
4. Ohsolucky?
5.you?
6. You?

I'm looking to run any part of the raid also(only want Oryx but I'll run the whole thing). If you guys are still interested, we can find 3 others and get it rolling.

Still up for it?

How should I know? I don't have one yet lol. I thought swords were like the exotic class item where you can equip those together with another piece of exotic gear/weapon.

No. I think he was using a regular sword.

edit: just read some comments on the solo run on the page, and it turns out that running it solo means the enemies are scaled so far back in health that running with the sword and getting easy kills is very viable. They didn't have the same health as when it was run with three people. Makes sense.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
no one wants to share? i keep running out. you guys seem to have an endless supply.

I only have one character: I do the daily PVP and PVE activities.

The do some CoO get a lot of legendaries that I dismantle which nets me 3 per item (if I upgrade them with 10-20 motes of light I can get 5 from them)

This week: You can do the weekly Crucible Playlist up to three times to gain 10 marks per win.

Weekly Heroic three times.

And that's enough for a few days :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So he kills the boss in two rounds of sword damage before going after any adds. Radiance also helped him a ton. When we have multiple people in the group with exotic swords this will probably be a good way to go. Our group with 3 legendary swords basically got him to 40% in the same way even though there were 3 of us.

phen0m24

I havnt felt this dejected in Destiny since HM Crota. Not getting Bh 2.0 yesterday was frustrating. the difference with HM Crota was I was able to get it another go the following day. now, who knows when I get another chance. soloing the daily today brought me no comport.

I have a Golgoroth CP that I would like to get done this weekend. hopefully it will help.

Like I told LT we are the 99% playing with many 1%-ers. I'm just not that good. I don't ever get a 5.0 (let alone 2.0) kd, I can't solo the raid, some-many times I die while playing, don't really know if I've ever studied each option in my subclass and can't chain sniper headshots.

I try to make people laugh instead. :)

Bottom of the page non-hype!

Top Bottom