• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah it's an Omolon. I think the Dead Orbit scout with Firefly is better so I may replace it with that and when I do level up my Tread so I can have a high magazine scout rifle with crowd conrol.
I have Last Extremity with Firefly and looove it. But it has a smaller magazine than the DO one I think.

Wait. What? You can block a rocket and machine gun fire without taking damage?
Not without taking ANY damage, and depending on element, actually, but yeah.

It is a little crazy in a one on one, I haven't actually figured out a counter, though you can just outrun them sometimes in a way you wouldn't be able to with a LMG or rocket
BRB infusing 1000 yard sale
bahahahahaa

Kalamari

Is anyone planning to kill the Final Boss this afternoon? If so, look me up. I would be willing to start from the second to last boss too, as I think I need the practice.

lt519

Reposting for new page: this is important, do not infuse your Spindle into your 1000 Yard Stare

"NOOOOOOO don't

Edit: infuse a shitty legendary with the 300's you can buy from the blueprints. Infuse the Spindle into it to get it to 308. Buy more 300 spindles and infuse second shitty legendary to 300. Buy 290 spindle when it comes out, infuse shitty legendary #2 (and #3 if necessary) at 300 to bring spindle to 298 then 300 then infuse 308 shitty legendary #1 to bring spindle to 307. You basically have the pre-nerf spindle again, 307 Spindle will still be OP.

I fucked this up and regret it a lot."

This will run you a lot of glimmer and marks, but I figure if they are that afraid of the 310 spindle they'll still be afraid of a 307 spindle.

Tecnniqe

Banned
NOOOOOOO don't

Edit: infuse a shitty legendary with the 300's you can buy from the blueprints. Infuse the Spindle into it to get it to 308. Buy more 300 spindles and infuse second shitty legendary to 300. Buy 290 spindle when it comes out, infuse shitty legendary #2 (and #3 if necessary) at 300 to bring spindle to 298 then 300 then infuse 308 shitty legendary #1 to bring spindle to 307. You basically have the pre-nerf spindle again, 307 Spindle will still be OP.

I fucked this up and regret it a lot.

Considering all the other Exotics out there i don't see why you would let BS take the exotic.

So is it safe to assume we won't be able to earn Black Spindle again until that mission reappears as a daily heroic? Or can we load that mission up and try from there?

Sorry for the potentially dumb question. I'm at work and can't test for myself.

I have Last Extremity with Firefly and looove it. But it has a smaller magazine than the DO one I think.

Not without taking ANY damage, and depending on element, actually, but yeah.

It is a little crazy in a one on one, I haven't actually figured out a counter, though you can just outrun them sometimes in a way you wouldn't be able to with a LMG or rocket

bahahahahaa

Hmm. Does it partially block a shotgun blast at point blank?

Kyoufu

So is it safe to assume we won't be able to earn Black Spindle again until that mission reappears as a daily heroic? Or can we load that mission up and try from there?

Confirmed to be part of the daily only.

Trickster

Ugh, I seriously hate how goddamn random and unreliable the matchmaking system during patrol mode is.

Sometimes there will be 5 people in a zone with nothing happening. And then when you want other people to appear such as public events or the taken corruption events. Not a fucking soul in miles around you. Fuck this shit.

It could be a secret co-op mission involving Vex like yesterday's daily?

Keep in mind, Sleeper Stimulant blueprints were included in the CE, which featured a metric TON of lore about Cayde, some if it, IIRC, with actual lore on the underside of the blueprint!!!!!!

And Cayde left a metric TON of clues around the Cayde's Stash mission.

I think that's where to start looking for how to get Sleepzo.

lt519

Considering all the other Exotics out there i don't see why you would let BS take the exotic.

DPS machine in the raid due to no reload and it being the highest impact sniper. I don't know why you'd have another exotic weapon equipped for some bosses as it'll be the far and away best source of DPS.
Golgoroth and Warpriest basically require high impact sniper DPS for the strategies and this will be the best way to do them. They have limited windows to cause damage and not having to reload will maximize, especially warpriest where you have time to collect ammo in between DPS windows.

Edit: I guess unless you have Touch of Malice (;

Shiv47

Looking for a few People to try out the Rumble Sword Quest thing:

You just start up a rumble match and let each other kill one another so you can farm the 25 sword kills in no time!

Anyone up for this? :D

I would be. I'm shit at PvP and don't have the time or patience to do this quest step other than cheesing it.

LTWood12

Has to be the daily (until someone figures out a way around it).

My DO scout rifle isn't quite as good as the vendor one as I got it from a package, but it does have triple tap and zen moment. Think I'll be sticking with it when I'm not using the supercell.

Lnkn52

Reposting for new page: this is important, do not infuse your Spindle into your 1000 Yard Stare

"NOOOOOOO don't

This will run you a lot of glimmer and marks, but I figure if they are that afraid of the 310 spindle they'll still be afraid of a 307 spindle.

I'm worried that Bungie will confuse my new 300 Spindle as the old Spindle and revert that down to 290.

Tecnniqe

Banned
DPS machine in the raid due to no reload and it being the highest impact sniper. I don't know why you'd have another exotic weapon equipped for some bosses as it'll be the far and away best source of DPS.
Golgoroth and Warpriest basically require high impact sniper DPS for the strategies and this will be the best way to do them. They have limited windows to cause damage and not having to reload will maximize, especially warpriest where you have time to collect ammo in between DPS windows.

Edit: I guess unless you have Touch of Malice (;

Eh ToM is the same :D
That sneak edit.

Homeboyd

Gathering the rare materials for the exotic sword is killing me.
Just did this last night and this morning. Horrible part of the quest. HORRIBLE.

buy a ghost that detects the mats you need or bring in a hunter with keen scout if you're not one

lt519

I'm worried that Bungie will confuse my new 300 Spindle as the old Spindle and revert that down to 290.

Do all this post nerf. Just have a bunch of 300 legendary weapons, a 308 legendary weapon ready to go. Buy the 290 spindle and infuse away to get it up to 307. Doesn't require having a 300 spindle in your inventory, in fact you don't need any in your inventory.

nbraun80

I think id pay for a no shottys playlist, shit is so frustrating. I can understand and deal with super, I can't understand why this guy can slide 3 miles and shove a shotty up my ass.

Lee

Definitely keeping your distance is the counter. When they're blocking, they can't sprint, you can, so turn, run, reset with teammates.

It's crazy how many people still engage you when you have the sword. Once people figure out to just keep their distance it's going to be a lot less effective.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I mean... yeah

but that's just half the raid. Its actually a really situational weapon for an exotic tbh.

I'm just glad to have it /shrug
i wanted the ship more than the sniper and i'm mad

lt519

Eh ToM is the same :D
That sneak edit.

Haha Ninja'd.

I say it because groups like mine are still struggling with some bosses and to get ToM you need to finish the raid in the first place. It's the best stepping stone right now IMO.

I mean... yeah

but that's just half the raid. Its actually a really situational weapon for an exotic tbh.

I'm just glad to have it /shrug
i wanted the ship more than the sniper and i'm mad

I mean it is still the highest impact sniper in the game, you can't ever take that away from it. I just would rather have a 300 1000 Yard void and a solar 307 Black Spindle instead of a 308 1000 Yard Stare and a 300 Black Spindle. Not everyone is MLG and even past the first half of the raid too btw, it's a great way to push through the barrier.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

"NOOOOOOO don't

I picked a hell of a time to run out of weapon parts.

Lnkn52

Do all this post nerf. Just have a bunch of 300 legendary weapons, a 308 legendary weapon ready to go. Buy the 290 spindle and infuse away to get it up to 307. Doesn't require having a 300 spindle in your inventory, in fact you don't need any in your inventory.

ok, make sense now. Too bad mistakes were made already.

I havnt felt this dejected in Destiny since HM Crota. Not getting Bh 2.0 yesterday was frustrating. the difference with HM Crota was I was able to get it another go the following day. now, who knows when I get another chance. soloing the daily today brought me no comport.

I have a Golgoroth CP that I would like to get done this weekend. hopefully it will help.

I think id pay for a no shottys playlist, shit is so frustrating. I can understand and deal with super, I can't understand why this guy can slide 3 miles and shove a shotty up my ass.
Have yet to see what a Crucible match would be like with no shotguns but only sidearms and snipers.

Maybe one day.

LordofPwn

It could be a secret co-op mission involving Vex like yesterday's daily?

no. You find things to jog banshee's memory, he'll be reminded of a weapon, will give you a proper quest to find the parts needed to build it. you return parts to him, he will build it for you. getting to the proper quest is the difficult part. at most people have found the 4 fusion rifle relics and thats where things have come to a halt.

Some people are trying to use lore of Dvalin to figure things out, others say it's tied to rasputin, others say Vex. some say it has to be revealed using the collectors edition, I believe everyone is spread too thin searching on their own and getting distracted by finding it Spindle like.

It's a quest reward from Banshee, he gives it to you.
we have an invisible quest to find golden age relics, because it's invisible we cant see the steps.

GAF can I change the element of my exotic sword at the end of the quest?

By change I mean I chose a ARC legendary sword. I feel bad about it now. I want a solar one. When I finish the bounty for my exotic sword will I get an arc sword or can I pick something else?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Haha Ninja'd.

I say it because groups like mine are still struggling with some bosses and to get ToM you need to finish the raid in the first place. It's the best stepping stone right now IMO.

I might just buy a 300 version and infuse into my telesto or invective just cause.

Had no idea im at 199 marks lol.

lt519

ok, make sense now. Too bad mistakes were made already.

It's cool, I f'd it up too. People here are even arguing the validity of my statement, but I argue it's the best move for those that are still hitting certain roadblocks in the raid.

I might just buy a 300 version and infuse into my telesto or invective just cause.

Had no idea im at 199 marks lol.

Only costs a shard and 2500 glimmer. You should be buying tons of them and leveling all of your Special Weapons. I have two useless 300 Sidearms from it, just for later infusion purposes.

Yeah there are better scout rifles for sustained DPS on big targets, but for trash mobs Last Extremity is my new fatebringer.

Top Bottom