• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

LiK

Do both daily's everyday. That's 30. Do your three weekly heroics, even if you only have one character high enough that gets you 30 for the week. So 30 a day from dailies plus another 30 for weeklies gets you 240 a week, and that's before you've dismantled any legendaries.

We just play the game is the answer. And putting xp into them a bit so when we dismantle them we get 4-5 instead of 3.

Just play LiK :)

so play the dailies everyday. unlimited by ass.

please feel free to invite me to Weekly Heroics if you see me on.

Kyne

Is that PVP playlist where you get 10 marks up to 3 times for winning still a thing? Or was that a weekly thing?

If so, that nets you 60 a day.

that's one way of looking at it

or we could just be happy that there was an awesome event yesterday and there was a dope prize at the end

also - black hammer against year 1 bosses was about as situational as ketchup on french fries lmao

I like all of this post and I hope the rest of your day goes better than you anticipated.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Um ok, wtf. Does it need to be a legendary sniper or someting? I have a 300 shotgun and sidearm but it keeps saying I have no eligible infusion sources even though my BS is right there...

Afrocious

Because I have nothing solar and it was amazing how the guy that solo'd the spindle was kiling solar knights in 2 hits.

Yeah, I can definitely say the solar sword wrecked so much shit in that sidequest.

I probably should've went Sunsinger and not Stormcaller, and focused on defense and self-reviving. The enemies were easy to kill. I probably should've tried soloing the mission tbqh considering it wasn't a game over for dying.

Sanke__

So is it possible to get the spindle in the regular heroic mission today or was it really only the daily yesterday?

Lee

Daily 30, plus 60 weekly (30 strikes, 30 featured crucible), potential for 270 a week without dismantling anything. Plus certain quests giving them.

It's not like I'm drowning in marks, but it's not the grind I thought it would be. The fact that 280 isn't really a great drop anymore makes the tower stuff less attractive.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So he kills the boss in two rounds of sword damage before going after any adds. Radiance also helped him a ton. When we have multiple people in the group with exotic swords this will probably be a good way to go. Our group with 3 legendary swords basically got him to 40% in the same way even though there were 3 of us.

I really, really don't recommend going for the boss first :eek:

Afrocious

Debating about making a hunter or titan. Any thoughts?

So is it possible to get the spindle in the regular heroic mission today or was it really only the daily yesterday?

It's been confirmed that it was only for the daily. It'll come back whenever though.

lt519

So he kills the boss in two rounds of sword damage before going after any adds. Radiance also helped him a ton. When we have multiple people in the group with exotic swords this will probably be a good way to go. Our group with 3 legendary swords basically got him to 40% in the same way even though there were 3 of us.

So you tried the sword bum rush, respawn, bum rush strategy? How'd that go down? Ever able to get him all the way down?

Depends, we did it fairly easily (3rd try) with a bubble on the right stairs and a guardian guarding the left entrance. My buddies ran it 3 more times last night and did it on the first try every time with the same strategy. Can kill him with about 2:30 remaining which is plenty of time to clear the adds. Trying to fight in the open and run add control while damaging the boss IS the best strategy, but it also requires a heck of a lot of skill to stay alive and be on top of everything.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The guy that solod was using an invective as a shotgun, so how could he be using an exotic sword as well?
You're right. I guess he was just using the air melee-R2 combo for all that damage.

We should have tried that...
So you tried the sword bum rush, respawn, bum rush strategy? How'd that go down? Ever able to get him all the way down?
Yeah we did. A couple times.... it went okay but looking back we had a couple missteps on both tries. Most important think was forgetting to group and go together each time, and we forgot to use Melting Point and Shadowshot on the boss to amplify damage. We did successfully kill him one of those times though (not with swords, got him to about 25% with them and then plinked him to death with swords).

Looks like using the melee-R2 air combo instead of the ground 3 hit combo is considerably more damage

So it was my tweet to the Bungie dev about the Spindle's availability that got answered. It's so weird seeing it linked everywhere.

What's really funny though is I had mobile notifications turned off and was busy yesterday afternoon. So the whole internet knew his response to me before I checked several hours later.

Bizazedo

please feel free to invite me to Weekly Heroics if you see me on.
Sure I will. But yeah I had to burn legendary marks last night yo avoid hitting 200 and I am there again. The legendary crap drops really help to fuel the engine to be honest.

spyder_ur

that's one way of looking at it

or we could just be happy that there was an awesome event yesterday and there was a dope prize at the end

also - black hammer against year 1 bosses was about as situational as ketchup on french fries lmao

Oh I think the surprise event was awesome, don't get me wrong. Very cool.

I just hardly think the gun is going to break every new encounter or anything, so it seems like an overreaction. Probably wouldn't be my choice for any of the new strike bosses, for example.

Lyonaz

no one wants to share? i keep running out. you guys seem to have an endless supply.

Well I know I get mine from usually doing dailies and weeklies and when you're 290+ most of the legendaries you get are useless lower stats and just get dismantled for marks.
Hell I have most of my gear and alternative gear over 290, so there isn't a lot that I want to hoard, most of the weapons that I don't use get dismantled too. With the amount of engrams you get these days you're bound to get some/a lot of legendaries from rares.

Afrocious

This. The reason the dude could jump in and bum rush the boss was because he obliterated the first two rooms to the point where he didn't care about dying at all. Secondly, and he even admits this, he would've failed if that heavy ammo didn't drop when it did.

Like I told LT we are the 99% playing with many 1%-ers. I'm just not that good. I don't ever get a 5.0 (let alone 2.0) kd, I can't solo the raid, some-many times I die while playing, don't really know if I've ever studied each option in my subclass and can't chain sniper headshots.

I try to make people laugh instead. :)

Bottom of the page non-hype!

And you do a great job at that. it would have been alot worse if I wasnt doing it with you sir :)

PuMa

Like I told LT we are the 99% playing with many 1%-ers. I'm just not that good. I don't ever get a 5.0 (let alone 2.0) kd, I can't solo the raid, some-many times I die while playing, don't really know if I've ever studied each option in my subclass and can't chain sniper headshots.

I try to make people laugh instead. :)

Bottom of the page non-hype!

"Where's my propane???"

LiK

Well I know I get mine from usually doing dailies and weeklies and when you're 290+ most of the legendaries you get are useless lower stats and just get dismantled for marks.
Hell I have most of my gear and alternative gear over 290, so there isn't a lot that I want to hoard, most of the weapons that I don't use get dismantled too. With the amount of engrams you get these days you're bound to get some/a lot of legendaries from rares.

got two purples so far from engrams. i had to shard a few things to get enough marks to buy the Vanguard Ghost.

Kyoufu

A helpful tip if you weren't aware: with the material ghost perk active, you can actually scan long distances if you use your sniper's scope. Other weapon scopes work too but snipers have the longest range.

Afrocious

For the next time I raid, I'd like to use a soundboard. Any ideas on how to pull this off that doesn't involve putting a mic next to a computer?

Anyone else find it cool that Bungie gave Taken Thralls the ability to zero-shift?

You mean lag teleport? Yeah, they studied crucible games quite well.

Bizazedo

After playing the level 41 heroic playlist three times is there any other bonus over the 36?
My fevered mind insists the light levels are better. After breaking 300 light and still getting like 260-280 drops normally I wonder how the equipped light level thing works.

Top Bottom