• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

lt519

Man Oryx is such a serious DPS check. I'm glad I was able to get to Oryx blind, but didn't have the effort tonight to try him blind, so thanks for the help EroticSushi even though we didn't get it done.

2nd Boss:
I'll have a video soon but the fight get soooo much easier when you get to the Taken stages and don't have to worry about cursed. I think we were trying to rush it too much before, we took our time, stayed back for the adds and let them come to us, ate synths, chilled out, and it was much much easier. Granted two of us had a 300 and a 310 spindle and I did 5.6 million damage alone, but I think we had plenty of time to get it done anyway. We had two fantastic jugglers too who were both able to drop the bubbles from the ceiling for us with very little help from the 4 in the put.

Besides Skolas it's the fight that requires the most communication and improvisation. All the other raid fights people can just know their roles and go about their business but I found that this fight thinking on your feet and changing roles on the fly was incredibly important to being successful. We always had 3 sniping Golgoroth and one taking out cursed but we'd change it on the fly when one would run out of sniper and the others would have picked some up. We named all the bubbles and were able to call out everything perfectly, it was great.

Landed the gloves and the shotgun which was awesome. Will try for Oryx again some other time, very cool fight, but not much room for error.

Touched my Titan for the first time since TTK on Friday and he's already above 300 now after doing the raid. Only one piece of gear dropped too. Infusion is so nice for alts.

Schryver

So if I'm understanding how the raid lockouts work...you can go in and do the bosses as many times as you want but only get loot once a week? So I could join on the last boss and kill him, then later in the week start with a new group to get the first bosses down and get loot? (I'm only used to WoW which is way different)

So if I'm understanding how the raid lockouts work...you can go in and do the bosses as many times as you want but only get loot once a week? So I could join on the last boss and kill him, then later in the week start with a new group to get the first bosses down and get loot? (I'm only used to WoW which is way different)

Yeah, each loot drop chance is once a week. Each of the bosses and all of the chests you get to roll for loot once. Of course you can go back into any part of the raid as many times as you'd like, but only that first time has a loot roll.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I hereby endorse Little Light for Android. Fast, solid app. Missing some great features I liked in Tower Ghost but oh well. :/

DarKshodaN

Same. I was seriously questioning why I even bothered with the Nightfall this week when I got a low level purple and a blue from both of my runs.

We needed 30 Minutes to get past the Warsat section, the boss fight was also not easy and i got like 3 Strange Coins, no way i do this again.

GhaleonEB

NF is worthless now. No rep, no buff, no marks, and stuff like one strange coin as a possible reward.
Yeah, I'm not really understanding the NF's role in the endgame right now. We have many other ways to obtain legendary gear, so the allure is exotics, but it's a very unreliable way to get them given the loot tables.

Anyone here know a good glimmer farm? Exclusion zone seems slower than it used to be

Run patrols. They positively rain glimmer.

Who thought zone control was a good idea? Randoms, just stop.

We will give legendary marks for wins! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Zone control is a mess and makes me appreciate the design for normal control a bit more. At least the randoms on your team who ignore controlling B can get a few points in normal control.

Most of the maps still have a clear pattern where A and B or B and C are far easier to hold and randoms also just run around capping the wrong zone and flipping the spawns.

adin75

Those who have geared up an alt using their main, mind stepping out how you did it? I am thinking of something like this;

Level alt to 40 via story.
Have 200 marks saved, buy 2x 280 pieces(or ghost if needed), do the daily crucible to get 15 marks and buy a third piece.
Used vaulted 290+ blues from main to infuse those pieces.
Pray Xur has exotic helm engram or helm for that class come friday.

All I did was move my high level guns and ghost to an alt along with any armor engrams I had collected. Then I would decrypt one, equip it if it increased my light then decrypt another, again equipping it if it increased my light. Rinse and repeat.

Both alts can hit 290 now and I haven't progressed the story any further than the new subclass mission.

I'm 99% sure they said they were axing it so people didn't feel obligated to run it right at the reset. They also said they would adjust rep and exp to account for it's absence, which as far as I know, they never did.
Ahh, okay. So this nightfall I just completed turned out to be a waste of time lol, got shards and a blue engram. Plus I forgot to pop a 3oC.

What weapon should I use on the
Oryx
fight?

296 Suros
294 Hawkmoon
290 Boolean Gemini(can make this a 293...)
290 Jade Rabbit(can make this a 293...)

Or should I just go farm strikes until I can get one of those weapons closer to 300, which could take a long time..

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
What weapon should I use on the
Oryx
fight?

296 Suros
294 Hawkmoon
290 Boolean Gemini(can make this a 293...)
290 Jade Rabbit(can make this a 293...)

Or should I just go farm strikes until I can get one of those weapons closer to 300, which could take a long time..
Suros

todd360

Zone control is a mess and makes me appreciate the design for normal control a bit more. At least the randoms on your team who ignore controlling B can get a few points in normal control.

Most of the maps still have a clear pattern where A and B or B and C are far easier to hold and randoms also just run around capping the wrong zone and flipping the spawns.

Its just so frustrating. You lose and you lose out on getting legendary marks.

Plus it's just boring as hell. There is no reason for me to do anything other than guard a zone. I just sit there while the randoms run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Schryver

Anyone still looking for a raider? I wanna do the whole thing but I will start from anywhere since I can always go back and do the beginning tomorrow/Monday
PSN is Schryverr

zewone

Full Playstation exclusive armor.

I'm not feeling the helmet or cloak.

jAN3QbA.jpg

Should I infuse 4th Horseman or Hereafter? I have another blue 290 arc shotty with better stats and with bigger mag and much faster reload (no auto)

Really hope I can get
Oryx
down today. Couple of chores to do then im good to go. Just wish I was slightly higher light, at 295 if i use a shotgun or 294 witth a sniper.

Messiek

Players also get 3% per win. You don't need to have The Last Word equipped, when your team is about to win, equip the weapon. It takes 34 wins to do it from scratch. Useful is you have trouble with K/D.

Now I know how I'm going to complete this quest.

Top Bottom